University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called today and they told me they were going to move my application up the order and give me a notification this week if I will be granted an interview or not. Complete since November.
I was complete in November too..maybe I should call them too lol. This has been a long wait. :S

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete in November too..maybe I should call them too lol. This has been a long wait. :S
Just call them and ask for a status check. KYCOM and OSUCOM have been the most quiet schools as far as emails and updates go. I don't even bother calling PCOM anymore lol..

I finished my secondary in the beginning of February and was getting irritated about the wait... So I guess it could be worse, at least it's only been a month versus the 3-4 you guys have waited.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received email from Ronnie saying that "Your file is in a hold category" "Our class is currently full but keep in mind there is movement late in the cycle."

Guess there will be no new ii unless something changes :arghh:

Just received email from Ronnie saying that "Your file is in a hold category" "Our class is currently full but keep in mind there is movement late in the cycle."

Anyone else heard anything similar to this?? I'm still waiting on an email.. at least you heard something :(

Are you serious? oh man I am so nervous.. I was complete in Nov but never heard since then.

I didn't receive that email. Did anyone else?

I didn't receive that email. Did anyone else?

The email I received is particular to me. I sent one to ask for status check and that's what he replied. So it's normal that you guys hear nothing.

Based on my experience, they have a poor communication with applicants. I ever sent several but this is the only one they replied.

I don't know if all the others will be in the pending pool like me. But since he said "class is full", I guess that's the fact.

I recommend anyone who wants to check status call them for clarity and post the response.

I thought they interview up to April?? That doesn't make sense to why they fill up their class so fast. I was told by Ronnie that the schools is unable to review applications because of all the weather issues.

Can a current student offer any advice or information regarding orientation to those students who have been accepted? Are there any supplies you recommend purchasing before class starts? What do we need on the first day of orientation? As we anxiously await the start of class, any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Can anyone who has been accepted confirm the class is full?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually received an email yesterday that I had been invited for an interview on the 28th. Likely the last they'll do. In that email they made no mention of a full class, but did say that I may be accepted to the class of July 2014 or the following year. It just mentioned that spots were filling up. So there are still interviews going on. Took me forever to get a hold of someone to check about my status. I REALLY hope they're not all full. I feel like my email wouldn't have suggested there were spots still out there if it were all full.

I actually received an email yesterday that I had been invited for an interview on the 28th. Likely the last they'll do. In that email they made no mention of a full class, but did say that I may be accepted to the class of July 2014 or the following year. It just mentioned that spots were filling up. So there are still interviews going on. Took me forever to get a hold of someone to check about my status. I REALLY hope they're not all full. I feel like my email wouldn't have suggested there were spots still out there if it were all full.

Thanks for the info. Finnaly some good news! Do they say it's the last day they interview for sure?

They usually interview into April, and interviewed pretty late last year.

If you don't mind me asking, when was your secondary complete?

Talked to Ronnie and he said there's interview date(s) in april. There's still hope!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hooray for hope! Good luck, everyone!

Talked to Ronnie and he said there's interview date(s) in april. There's still hope!!

If I remember correctly, during my meeting with Ronnie last week he said that the last interview date for this cycle is April 4th.

Starting at KYCOM this fall and am looking for a roommate. If anyone else is looking for someone feel free to PM me!

Either no one wants to share info or everyone is on the same boat and not know whats going on.

Any interview invites? Its almost a week till april and so far no one has heard anything? Does anyone know the exact date for the last interview in april will be?

Any interview invites? Its almost a week till april and so far no one has heard anything? Does anyone know the exact date for the last interview in april will be?

As I sated a few posts ago...I was told by Ronnie Collins a few weeks ago that April 4th would be the last interview date for this application cycle most likely. Btw, I interviewed here on 3/28, and they told us that the class is now full and that the remainder of the interviews are for the class of 2019 with a chance to move up to the class of 2018 if spots become available.

Just accepted!!! Acceptance is to begin summer of 2015 with the possibility of moving into the class starting this summer if spots come available. I interviewed on March 28th.

I also interviewed last Friday (3/28) and received an acceptance call from Dr Betz today! I was going between Pikeville and another program prior to my interview, but after seeing the campus and meeting some of the faculty I'm going with Pikeville. I wonder what the likelihood of some of us being pulled from the 2015 start to a 2014 start?

I also interviewed last Friday (3/28) and received an acceptance call from Dr Betz today! I was going between Pikeville and another program prior to my interview, but after seeing the campus and meeting some of the faculty I'm going with Pikeville. I wonder what the likelihood of some of us being pulled from the 2015 start to a 2014 start?

When did u receive ii from Pikeville? If the last day is April the 4th I guess that's it for me in this cycle.

I received an ii about two weeks before, so around march 14th.

Me too for April 11th. Finally!!!!
I also have an interview for April 11th. Seems like there are only just a handful of seats remaining and there is a potential to get acceptance for 2015. Are you local or are you going to have to get a hotel? Any suggestions on where to stay?

If you read the end of the email there is a list of accommodation. I have family in pikeville so I will be staying with them.

If you read the end of the email there is a list of accommodation. I have family in pikeville so I will be staying with them.

Ok thank you. Lol I was soo excited that I was asked for an interview that I didn't even read the whole email.

I also have an interview for April 11th. Seems like there are only just a handful of seats remaining and there is a potential to get acceptance for 2015. Are you local or are you going to have to get a hotel? Any suggestions on where to stay?

I am from Indiana. I don't know where I will be staying at..... still looking.

Can a current student offer any advice or information regarding orientation to those students who have been accepted? Are there any supplies you recommend purchasing before class starts? What do we need on the first day of orientation? As we anxiously await the start of class, any information would be helpful. Thanks!

I wouldn't really say you need anything yet. There is a walmart and a staples that has supplies once you start. A few things you can get if your just dying to buy stuff: a good notebook (you'll need scratch paper from time to time), stylus with the knitted mesh tip (less likely to score a line in your new ipad), and maybe a large white board from home depot/lowes. These are not really necessities but just recommendations from personal experience. I know your probably eager, and you definitely should be but just relax. Enjoy these last few months of non medical school because once you start, you'll never really finish lol.

Had the 4/11 interview yesterday! I hope everybody did well! I felt like most of it was digging through your record and really having to explain and defend myself but we will see! Hope everybody gets good news this coming week! :)

Had the 4/11 interview yesterday! I hope everybody did well! I felt like most of it was digging through your record and really having to explain and defend myself but we will see! Hope everybody gets good news this coming week! :)

Same here..they went thru my sgpa because it's a little bit lower than my gpa and mcat...oh well..I hope I hear something good from this school. Good luck!

I had a really laid back, low key interview (4/11). Mine was really more structured on who I was as a person and why I wanted to become a DO and why I chose KYCOM. They didnt really go into gpa and classes as much for me though. So I really don't know what they were looking for. I left the interview feeling kind of so so because I have no idea what Pikeville is looking for. Either way, good luck to everyone that had thier interview on 4/11.

I had a really laid back, low key interview (4/11). Mine was really more structured on who I was as a person and why I wanted to become a DO and why I chose KYCOM. They didnt really go into gpa and classes as much for me though. So I really don't know what they were looking for. I left the interview feeling kind of so so because I have no idea what Pikeville is looking for. Either way, good luck to everyone that had thier interview on 4/11.

Who interviewed you?

Who interviewed you?

Hey Khoa....I have a feeling that we had the same interviewers. I think i remember them calling your name first before i went in. I had Hilwig and Rehmeyer and I was in group B. How was your interview?

btw who interviewed you? I was in Group A.

Today is the day 4/11 interviewees! If anybody gets "the call" please post on here so we all know when to stop being psycho over our phones lol. Someone on here posted they received it around 2:00pm ET.

Today is the day 4/11 interviewees! If anybody gets "the call" please post on here so we all know when to stop being psycho over our phones lol. Someone on here posted they received it around 2:00pm ET.

Wow. Thats a really fast turnaround. How do you know they will be getting back to us today? I thought it was "sometime this week" but didnt expect it to be so early on in the week.

I'm not 100% sure but they mentioned today multiple times and when going back through this thread, it seems as if the trend was interview Friday, call on Monday! Hopefully that will be true for us too!

Reactions: 1 users

Someone got an acceptance already?