University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the current class size at KYCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully those of us who are still waiting for an interview hear something soon :D

Reactions: 1 users
Is weather pretty bad in KY ?

I don't think its that bad anymore. Class is still in session. I called earlier today and was told the admission committee will be looking at application next week.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it usually take people to hear back about an interview after all their secondary material is in?

How long does it usually take people to hear back about an interview after all their secondary material is in?

I completed my application in Oct. and still haven't heard anything yet :(

Members don't see this ad :)

I was complete in the middle of Nov. When I called them about 2 weeks ago, they told me it would probably take about 2-4 weeks until I hear anything from them. I just want to know now!!!! It's painful! :S Let's hope we hear something good from them soon!

I was complete in the middle of Nov. When I called them about 2 weeks ago, they told me it would probably take about 2-4 weeks until I hear anything from them. I just want to know now!!!! It's painful! :S Let's hope we hear something good from them soon!

I feel for ya!!! if we both get ii drinks on me!!!

For those of you worried about it being so late in the cycle: I applied early February last year, interviewed and was accepted in late February....so don't worry about how late it is!

Had my II completed in Oct, have my interview tomorrow. Thanks to someone for declining so I can get a shot at staying in state here @ KYCOM!

Submitted my secondary in November and just received an interview invite a couple days ago. I will be declining the offer so I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!

Submitted my secondary in November and just received an interview invite a couple days ago. I will be declining the offer so I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!

congrats! ! When is your interview? I was comlete on nov 12 but have not heard anything since...!!!!!

For those of you worried about it being so late in the cycle: I applied early February last year, interviewed and was accepted in late February....so don't worry about how late it is!
If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

Hey guys I got my ii last week Wed. for the 21st of Feb. I am from NY and would greatly appreciate some advice on what would be the most convenient and cost effective method of travel.
I heard I should take a flight to Charleston WV and then car rental to the University but I just want to make sure... Thanks!

Hey guys I got my ii last week Wed. for the 21st of Feb. I am from NY and would greatly appreciate some advice on what would be the most convenient and cost effective method of travel.
I heard I should take a flight to Charleston WV and then car rental to the University but I just want to make sure... Thanks!

I'm from NJ and interviewed here in October. I flew from Newark international to Huntington Tri State in WV (had a connecting flight in Charlotte NC)... rented a car and the drive to Pikeville was 2 hours. Good luck at your interview!

I'm from NJ and interviewed here in October. I flew from Newark international to Huntington Tri State in WV (had a connecting flight in Charlotte NC)... rented a car and the drive to Pikeville was 2 hours. Good luck at your interview!
Huntington Tri State doesn't seem to be connected to LaGuardia nor JFK but Charleston WV is. Its pretty much the same thing from what I can tell. Thank you!

I flew into Lexington and its a little over a two hour drive through the mountains from there.

Did anyone from jan 11 II get acceptances don't see any here

Has anyone from the Feb. 7th or 8th interview group heard back yet?

I wonder if anyone got the call today yet? I'm really anxious at the moment.

Got a call so excited so unreal

Omg! I just got the call. Officially, Accepted. I wonder if anyone can share the facebook page of this year class. I cannot wait to meet everyone. And good luck to others who are still waiting for the calls.

It's official!!! I've been accepted into the class of 2018!! I received the call around 2:00 PM EST! :soexcited:

yeah !!! I still cant belive it !!! for me its been such a long journey finally glad it over and start a new chapter in life

Congrats to you all! Does anyone know how full the class is now?

Not sure i go by the face book page but then there are some admin/last year students there and i am not part of the page yet. I am sure there are still a few spots left I read here that there are more interviews end of feb. If any body still have interviews coming, have faith and be your self.

Hey guys I have my interview Friday the 21st. I will be arriving at Charleston Airport at around 3:45pm on Thursday and will be driving to a hotel by the university. If someone needs a ride let me know because I wouldn't mind driving there with someone...

Hey guys I have my interview Friday the 21st. I will be arriving at Charleston Airport at around 3:45pm on Thursday and will be driving to a hotel by the university. If someone needs a ride let me know because I wouldn't mind driving there with someone...
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

Does anyone know the upcoming interview schedule? Or how often Pikeville conducts interviews?

Has anyone gotten an II recently? My app has been complete for a few weeks now and I'm getting nervous. Also, does anyone know if the class is full??

I was complete in November. Never heard since then.........:(

I don't know if this helps but I was complete in august and got my interview in October so it seems like there was a little wait

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I were to send an update email to KYCOM which email is best to send it to? Should I send it to Mr. Collins or the kycom admissions email they send you in the completion email.

I called today and they told me they were going to move my application up the order and give me a notification this week if I will be granted an interview or not. Complete since November.