University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you clarify this please? So there were about 18 students who interviewed on each interview date?

Actually, I don't recall now. Dang, I wrote that in the morning, and now I'm a little more awake and double guessing myself... someone help?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah they are generic letters but I just don't want to have them to fill something else out and send it to AACOMAS. For TCOM they were just sent directly to the school from interfolio. I'll check it out. I only applied to 3 DO, so we will see what their requirements are. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can send your letters to AACOMAS with Interfolio which is what I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they only interview on a Friday and Saturday once a month? The only dates available for me were 12/9 and 12/10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Completed on 8/18, invited for an interview on 9/23, Interview on 10/22[/QUOC

From others who I have spoken to, I think it is two groups of 18 per day. 36 a day.

Got my rejection letter 10/7. Interviewed back on 9/9. Bummed for sure, since it's thus far been my only II. And I felt like I did a decent job of answering MMI, making sure to elocute about the process/factors of how I came to my answer more so than the answer itself. Sent an email to the dean of admissions, thanking her and asking her for feedback. Might be a bit trickier b/c 9+ diff people interviewed me so there's probably a lot of variety in what they felt like I needed to change.

Stats: LizzieM score = 64, IS, ORM. Definitely know I could improve on my GPA (applied to SMP as my contingency plan) but my understanding is that come interview day, you're seen as being academically sufficient to be at this school. So I'm guessing my rejection had more to do with what I said (or didn't say) which makes it that much more difficult to really self-evaluate and course-correct.

Anyone else get rejected post interview? Anyone felt like there were clear things they didn't answer well on?

And big congrats to everyone who got accepted! Got to talk to some of the interviewees in my group. All of them seemed to be great people to be fellow peers and cohorts with.

Got my rejection letter 10/7. Interviewed back on 9/9. Bummed for sure, since it's thus far been my only II. And I felt like I did a decent job of answering MMI, making sure to elocute about the process/factors of how I came to my answer more so than the answer itself. Sent an email to the dean of admissions, thanking her and asking her for feedback. Might be a bit trickier b/c 9+ diff people interviewed me so there's probably a lot of variety in what they felt like I needed to change.

Stats: LizzieM score = 64, IS, ORM. Definitely know I could improve on my GPA (applied to SMP as my contingency plan) but my understanding is that come interview day, you're seen as being academically sufficient to be at this school. So I'm guessing my rejection had more to do with what I said (or didn't say) which makes it that much more difficult to really self-evaluate and course-correct.

Anyone else get rejected post interview? Anyone felt like there were clear things they didn't answer well on?

And big congrats to everyone who got accepted! Got to talk to some of the interviewees in my group. All of them seemed to be great people to be fellow peers and cohorts with.
Sorry to hear :/ Personally I'm not that great at elaborating my answers in interviews because I get so nervous. How many interviews did the MMI consist of and about how long did each interview last?

Gave up my interview on November 4th...hope one of you lovely people get it!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they would allow me to reschedule my interview for a later date?

Excited to meet some of you this Saturday! Past interviewees, were the prompts mostly ethical/controversial topics and then you defend the position (that's what I'm getting from the past 3-4 pages)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited to meet some of you this Saturday! Past interviewees, were the prompts mostly ethical/controversial topics and then you defend the position (that's what I'm getting from the past 3-4 pages)?

Yes, it seems like it!

Adcom: "Ateleryx, what is your greatest strength?"
Me: "Arriving to interviews an hour and a half early... I'm apparently super good at that."

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Interviewed today. Awesome Philosophy.
Tips:

1. Take a dry run to the school if you are out of area

2. Hotel Wise. Warning: TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC!. Im from out of area and I noticed this early on.

3. No Need to bring anything with you (ie notepad etc)

4. Everyone seems so sweet and awesome...noticed alot of older reapplicants at the school

If anyone is at the comfort suits on se military or nearby PM me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using SDN mobile

How was today?

Today's interview was great!

We opened with morning prayer, then divided into two separate groups for interviews and presentations. Today's group had a lot of younger applicants (age 22-27), I would say the average age was about 25/26. More than half of the applicants were from Texas. The staff was awesome, everyone was so kind. Great experience, overall. Love to be a student at this school :)

Today's interview was great!

We opened with morning prayer, then divided into two separate groups for interviews and presentations. Today's group had a lot of younger applicants (age 22-27), I would say the average age was about 25/26. More than half of the applicants were from Texas. The staff was awesome, everyone was so kind. Great experience, overall. Love to be a student at this school :)
If I wasn't there, the avg age would have been 22. I bumped it up quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I feel 10 yrs older than 34 when I'm in a suit. It hides my muscly armw and all you can see is a bald head and can't tell if I'm 30 or 40 yrs old. The struggle.. smh.

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Lol, I think I remember who you were. Were you the guy who asked the two-part question during presentation?

Does anyone know if you interviewed this weekend when you are supposed to hear back?

I heard 2 weeks, but that they couldn't guarantee it before 3.

Yeah, I would say that we'll hear back November 1-7th ish, because the first round of intervieews in September have 30 days to make their decision and make their deposit.

Yeah, I would say that we'll hear back November 1-7th ish, because the first round of intervieews in September have 30 days to make their decision and make their deposit.

30 days for a decision seems a bit hasty in comparison with other schools...

I have until the 14th of December to make the deposit. I can't speak for everyone, but I would assume we are all on the same timeline.

I have until the 14th of December to make the deposit. I can't speak for everyone, but I would assume we are all on the same timeline.

Oh really? I remember specifically reading on the brochure/website that we have 30 days to make a decision?