University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure how often they send out interviews but I got my interview email yesterday 9-30, Friday. Maybe other people will be specific too so you can see if there is really a pattern. I am also Tier 1. Turned in my app 8/31. Got a pre req checklist email on 9-26 and then email for interview as stated above.

When did PharmCAS mail your application? I submitted my application on 9/1 but did not hear back from the school yet

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how often they send out interviews but I got my interview email yesterday 9-30, Friday. Maybe other people will be specific too so you can see if there is really a pattern. I am also Tier 1. Turned in my app 8/31. Got a pre req checklist email on 9-26 and then email for interview as stated above.

You mean you're Tier 2 (Aug 2-Sept 1).

When did PharmCAS mail your application? I submitted my application on 9/1 but hear back from the school yet

I got the pre req checklist email Sept 27 but no interview invitation yet.

Yes Sorry,
I am Tier 1 I turned it in 7/31 not 8/31. I just edited the post :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent all required documents but my file still not complete according to UOP system, does that mean i miss the deadline and they will not consider my application?

I sent all required documents but my file still not complete according to UOP system, does that mean i miss the deadline and they will not consider my application?

You still have until November 1, so you'll be Tier III

Same here. I got my checklist email on Sept 29th. do you know when the first interview date is?

Do they usually invite everyone from one tier at the same time? Or do they have multiple interview dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
sent supplemental 7/9
received checklist 8/22

I'm in Tier 1 and I haven't heard from UOP yet :(

I emailed Veronica early this morning and got the following reply:

"We began sending out interview invites in mid-September (right after the preview day event) but we send them on a daily basis as decisions are made. We are still reviewing Tier I. Previous review cycles indicate we reviewed Tier I through October/early November."

I would guess they're looking at 10-15 apps a day...if they're doing it in alphabetical order, I know I'm going to be waiting awhile :laugh:.

I emailed Veronica early this morning and got the following reply:

"We began sending out interview invites in mid-September (right after the preview day event) but we send them on a daily basis as decisions are made. We are still reviewing Tier I. Previous review cycles indicate we reviewed Tier I through October/early November."

I would guess they're looking at 10-15 apps a day...if they're doing it in alphabetical order, I know I'm going to be waiting awhile :laugh:.

They are definitely not doing it in alphabetical order. Nor are they doing it in chronological order in which apps are submitted/received. If you would like to know why I am very positive you can PM me lol.

I think they may be doing it at random split amongst many people for each Tier.

I got my interview email today (checklist email last thursday) I think they don't have a certain day that they send out interview letters

when did you guys send in your supp application? My app was complete on Thursday last week.

End of July. When you say ur application was complete is that when U received ur checklist

End of July. When you say ur application was complete is that when U received ur checklist

Yeah they sent me an email friday saying they have everything and are now reviewing my application. Does anyone know if we don't get in this cycle pharmcas will save our LOR?

No you would have to reapply from the start again. But I think it's too early to be thinking like that.

I'm not sure how often they send out interviews but I got my interview email yesterday 9-30, Friday. Maybe other people will be specific too so you can see if there is really a pattern. I am also Tier 1. Turned in my app 7/31. Got a pre req checklist email on 9-26 and then email for interview as stated above.

**Just Edited I am Tier 1 not Tier 2

Thanks for the update, it seems like people should receive their interview e-mail around a week after they get their pre-req checklist.

If you haven't received it, they're probably putting you in the rear, while they sort through all the candidates.

(i'm in that boat)

Thanks for the update, it seems like people should receive their interview e-mail around a week after they get their pre-req checklist.

If you haven't received it, they're probably putting you in the rear, while they sort through all the candidates.

(i'm in that boat)

That gives me some hope. I haven't received the pre-req checklist yet so hopefully, the reason I haven't gotten a interview invite is because they haven't viewed my application yet. :xf:

YAY! :) I just got the interview for UOP!!! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

Hey I applied by the first tier, August 1st, and have yet to hear anything from them, should I be worried? I have yet to get a rejection which is good, but nothing at all is starting to worry me....

YAY! :) I just got the interview for UOP!!! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

Congratulations! Did you get the invite via mail or email and when is your interview?

I'm still waiting to hear back for first tier :/

Gah! Being Tier 3 is horrible! Good luck to all those with interviews in Tier 1!

Congratulations! Did you get the invite via mail or email and when is your interview?

I'm still waiting to hear back for first tier :/

It was via email and I scheduled for Oct 28th. According to wanttobepharm, they're not reviewing the applicants of tier 1 in any particular order so perhaps it was just lucky I got my interview invite yesterday. They never sent me a email saying that they were reviewing my application or anything.

Hey I applied by the first tier, August 1st, and have yet to hear anything from them, should I be worried? I have yet to get a rejection which is good, but nothing at all is starting to worry me....

I don't think so. I think UOP is being really meticulous in how they're reviewing each applicant. I think the earliest interview date was 22nd and my interview date was set at the 28th. Therefore, it doesn't seem like there has been too many people receiving interview invites.

So when I spoke with Lupe to schedule with interview. I found out that interviews are only held on Fridays. first interview is oct 21st. and they interview 36 applications each friday. Hopefully more you guys hear from them soon. Best of luck :)

When did you get your check list?

Are you talking about the checklist on the UOP page or something that they emailed me? Personally, they didn't email me anything but my check list was completed by Aug 1.

My application is Tier 1. I got a scary email notice from Veronica this morning:

.'Your application to the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific is now complete. We are writing to give you a progress report on your status..

.After completing an initial review of your application, we have decided that it is appropriate to defer our decision. Your file has been placed on hold and a final decision will be determined later in the cycle. If you are enrolled in fall term classes, please be sure to update PharmCAS with official transcripts as soon as grades are recorded. We will continue our review of your application in late January. Interview letters are sent through the month of March..

.I thank you for your patience as we continue through the review cycle. I am not able to give you specific reasons for the decision which was made on your file at this time. Any new information will be considered when your application is re-reviewed (fall grades, updated volunteer or work experience, etc). Students who are currently enrolled in the first semester of organic chemistry are typically placed on hold until fall grades are received. Whether or not you are enrolled in organic chemistry in the fall, you should report your summer and fall grades to PharmCAS as soon as they are available.".

.I'm finished with ochem... Has anyone heard of that kind of notice before? ahhhhh =x

Got an email today saying my application has been put on hold (deferred). So if I get an interview, it'll be in February/March.

It's all good since I got accepted to another school, so I'm not too worried about it. :shrug:

Got an email today saying my application has been put on hold (deferred). So if I get an interview, it'll be in February/March.

It's all good since I got accepted to another school, so I'm not too worried about it. :shrug:

which school is it? if you don't mind me asking :)

I got the same letter. So do all Tier 1's get put into deferred/hold status? Or do some also get rejected as well?

HelloPanda22 was Tier I and got the interview invite. :thumbup:

I think he/she meant that other than Tier 1 people who got interviews, does everyone else just get holds? or do they also send out rejections?

MWU for sure because of the lower cost. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's all good for you then! congrats.

I got an offer from out of state school too, but I'm just not sure how hard would it be to come back afterwards.... just thought it'd be easier to stay here? not sure...

Which airport is everyone planning on showing up at? Also, for those attending the interview on the 28th, does someone want to split the gas money to go from whatever airport to UOP? I'm a horrible driver and I don't trust myself driving a rental car. I haven't bought tickets yet so PM me please. :D

you guys are so kind and lively :)

Panda, Are you going via Sacramento airport or San Francisco?

I'm not sure yet. If someone wants to share a car, then I am willing to get off at whatever airport he/she is picking. I do prefer the Sacramento airport just because its a bit closer to Stockton. I'm really scared to drive by myself.