University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
people whose applications were placed on hold in october will be reconsidered again beginning, supposedly, at the end of this month.

To clarify this matter, Veronica said that applicants who have NOT been interviewed yet will hear back probably by the end of this month or next month. BUT the applicants who ALREADY have been interview will be re-reviewed at the end of march. hope this cleared any confusions!

Members don't see this ad.

To clarify this matter, Veronica said that applicants who have NOT been interviewed yet will hear back probably by the end of this month or next month. BUT the applicants who ALREADY have been interview will be re-reviewed at the end of march. hope this cleared any confusions!

Thanks for making the call! :)

I am in the same boat, but I'm not [completely] freaking out yet because I think interviews last until March? Hang in there! :)

Maybe it's just me, but California schools seem really slow with processing applications. I've heard back from most of my out-of-state schools already, even though I submitted my application later for them than for the ones in California...

same here, already did all my interviews on the east coast and had to put down a deposit for my backup school already :thumbdown: .. northstate and uop seem to be extremely slow though:wtf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the on-campus housing costs for pharm students at UOP? I'm trying to decide whether it is better to live on-campus or off-campus and save some money.

Congratulations to everyone admitted to UOP.

The on-campus housing is most likely going to be Brookside Hall and it typically costs around $1,200 a month per person (varies with what kind of meal plan you purchase). But if your intention is to save money then I'd definitely go with off-campus housing. The only good thing about Stockton (aside from UOP lol) is that housing is cheap. Most students live in a complex just a block north of the pharmacy school called "The Cottages" and they seem to like it. On average, you can find a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom for about $825-$1000 a month. Some students also live in houses they found for rent off of Craigslist, and that seems to be a good deal as well. There is a Brookside housing community (not the same as the on-campus apartments) which is probably the best place in Stockton, where you can probably find a medium sized house to live with 2-3 other people. But if you're independent and want a place for yourself that's also doable here. 1 BR 1 BA ranges in the $550-$700 area.

Some good places everyone should look into are:
The Cottages
Torcello
Pacific Commons/River Rock
Quail Lakes area

Hope this helps.

Congratulations to everyone admitted to UOP.

The on-campus housing is most likely going to be Brookside Hall and it typically costs around $1,200 a month per person (varies with what kind of meal plan you purchase). But if your intention is to save money then I'd definitely go with off-campus housing. The only good thing about Stockton (aside from UOP lol) is that housing is cheap. Most students live in a complex just a block north of the pharmacy school called "The Cottages" and they seem to like it. On average, you can find a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom for about $825-$1000 a month. Some students also live in houses they found for rent off of Craigslist, and that seems to be a good deal as well. There is a Brookside housing community (not the same as the on-campus apartments) which is probably the best place in Stockton, where you can probably find a medium sized house to live with 2-3 other people. But if you're independent and want a place for yourself that's also doable here. 1 BR 1 BA ranges in the $550-$700 area.

Some good places everyone should look into are:
The Cottages
Torcello
Pacific Commons/River Rock
Quail Lakes area

Hope this helps.

Well said! I'm one of those students that live at the Cottages. The Cottages is literally less than a minute drive to class.

They've started emailing out acceptances from the 1/27 interview date. I just got an email from Veronica indicating that my packet would be coming in the mail.

Edit: Got the packet in the mail today, sent out the paper to decline admission. Hopefully that opens up some spots for the people on committee hold. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
They've started emailing out acceptances from the 1/27 interview date. I just got an email from Veronica indicating that my packet would be coming in the mail.

wow, congrats, Hopefully the rest of us will hear from her today...

Has anyone who interviewed last Friday heard back yet, aside from the last poster? I am checking my email like every 5 minutes -- so stressed!

congrats!

do you any pointers? mine is 2/24 ... anxious!

Pharmmomma, I also heard from her. My application has been put on hold. =/

I just received my acceptance letter to UOP. Has anyone begun looking for housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking...when did you have your interview? This wait is killing me....hahaha :)

Ugh, so sorry! The wait is torturous! I haven't heard anything yet. :-(

It's okay, it's better than hearing that I was denied admission, although I'm not even sure if they are denying applicants at this point? I hope you hear some good news from admissions soon!

It's okay, it's better than hearing that I was denied admission, although I'm not even sure if they are denying applicants at this point? I hope you hear some good news from admissions soon!

really? when did you get the notice?

Did you get invited for interview?

I applied back in November but I haven't heard anything back, does anyone know what's going on or am I the only one cuz I applied so late ??

I applied in August and got a letter of deferment in November. My academic update was forwarded this week. Let's hope it brings good news.

I already had my interview in January. My application was put on hold after my interview and I won't hear back from admissions until some time in March/April I suppose.

Yeah I had call Veronica Semler and she had said that I will hear back in mid-end of march so let's hope we all get a chance !!

Yeah I had call Veronica Semler and she had said that I will hear back in mid-end of march so let's hope we all get a chance !!

last time my friend called, she said it would be end of feb, i think this year the applicants are very competitive. you know

Just got my acceptance letter via email!!!!!! Interviewed last Friday on 2/3 :)

I already had my interview in January. My application was put on hold after my interview and I won't hear back from admissions until some time in March/April I suppose.

i had interview on Jan too.. it is scary that they are now sending rejection? did you get it via mail or email?

Edit: just to set it straight, you were also put on hold, and won't hear back until end of March. If that is the case, I don't think it is a rejection right now for you because the rest of us are also put on hold as well

Last edited:
i had interview on Jan too.. it is scary that they are now sending rejection? did you get it via mail or email?

Edit: just to set it straight, you were also put on hold, and won't hear back until end of March. If that is the case, I don't think it is a rejection right now for you because the rest of us are also put on hold as well
Oh no, I knew I was put on hold. I was just saying that I wasn't sure if they have even rejected any applicants at this point or if they are just putting everyone that they don't accept on hold.

Hey everyone congrats to those of you who've gotten in. Got my acceptance letter a few days ago as well. I was just wondering why some of you guys chose UoP over other schools? A big downside about UoP is the tuition cost :( :( :( :( If you guys got into another 3 year program, such as Pacific University in Oregon (which is cheaper), would you guys consider going there over UoP? I'm asking these questions because i'm in this situation. UoP is my preferred choice because of its great reputation but in these economic times costs are really eating up my mind. Thanks for any input guys.

I honestly think it's about what makes you happy and what is the best choice for you. If you like the accelerated program and got in somewhere else where you will save, say $40,000, for the same type of program that might be good for you. I think once you have your PharmD from anywhere you have just a good a chance as any other person with their PharmD at getting a job as a pharmacist. Go with what you think will work best for you in the long run! :)

Anyone else still waiting for an interview? I still havent heard anything yet.

Anyone else still waiting for an interview? I still havent heard anything yet.

Same here. I submitted my application in late Oct. what a pain in a butt!!!
I emailed Vernica and she said there will be another interview in March. Haizzz

Same here. I submitted my application in late Oct. what a pain in a butt!!!
I emailed Vernica and she said there will be another interview in March. Haizzz

Did you get a defer letter from UOP? My friend submitted her supplemental in Nov and got an interview invite at the beginning of Feb for this upcoming interview.

Did you get a defer letter from UOP? My friend submitted her supplemental in Nov and got an interview invite at the beginning of Feb for this upcoming interview.

I only received one email ssying that my application is now ready for preeliminating !!!

I'm on the same boat as you! Got accepted the same time you did...! Tuition is def the one downside of UOP that makes my decision waver.... I'm interviewing with Pacific in Oregon this weekend, so we'll see how that goes! I know oregon is cheaper but I also do think that you want to consider where you see yourself AFTER pharm school. I know we can make great connections/networks with local pharmacists (esp with UOP), so in my case, since I want to stay in CA, UOP has a higher up on that. But just the cost!!!! :( Nonetheless, I'm grateful that they accepted me!!!

I just had my interview 2/24 and they had reminded us not to be stressed out if we are place on waitlist since they have their last interviews until march 9. They do not want to keep interviewing if they had their "class" set already.

Still waiting for a reply SOON!!!!! *Stressed*

I'm wondering did anyone who turned in their application during Tier 1 and got deferred, but got the interview later??

I just had my interview 2/24 and they had reminded us not to be stressed out if we are place on waitlist since they have their last interviews until march 9. They do not want to keep interviewing if they had their "class" set already.

Really, the last interview is March 9th? That means there are only 2 interview days left. I am still waiting to hear back as well. Hopefully we both hear some good news come the end of March! :oops:)

That is such a short time! Sucks that March 9 is the last day for an interview... oh no :scared:

What is the correlation between being put on the wait list and the last set of interviews?

Really, the last interview is March 9th? That means there are only 2 interview days left. I am still waiting to hear back as well. Hopefully we both hear some good news come the end of March! :oops:)

I just spoke to lis and she said that interviews will go until the end of March and any interview invites will be given out within the next 2 weeks.

do the pharm schools communicate with each other during the admissions process?

I just spoke to lis and she said that interviews will go until the end of March and any interview invites will be given out within the next 2 weeks.

Yay! There's still hope for an interview invite for the both of us.

just got the rejection letter in the mail.

Sorry to hear about that! Was this post interview?