University of Waterloo c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikle78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that there was still no waterloo thread for 2014 admission O_O.

WHERE ARE YA'LL?

The UofT one is pretty quiet too. Anyway, please share your thoughts/questions etc...

And good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a UW undergrad student applying for 2014 admissions. I'm hoping that everyone is so quiet because there aren't as many applicants this year...? Hah. Anyways, good luck to you all

I applied this year (just waiting for my referenee to get their reference letter in ...).
Does anyone have any insight into how the selection process works at Waterloo? When do interview invitations typically come out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I wanted to know if I had a good chance of getting into the pharmacy program at Waterloo.

3.5 cumulative gpa
all pre reqs and full course load with practicums
completed Honours Double Major in Biology and Kinesiology
completed a concurrent bachelors in education with 2 years in experience leading class rooms
volunteered at pharmacy for 2 years
Extra curriculars

(extra info: math is not my strongest subject and half of the required courses i got a 3.0 not sure if they weigh the pre reqs on their own)

Any feedback would be great

Do I have any hope?

GPA of 3.4
Prereq GPA of 3.5 (that doesn't even matter does it?)
50 hrs pharmacy experience (shadowing only)
LOR from a pharmacist
5 or so long-term volunteering stints
2 real extra curriculars
some non-pharmacy work experience

I wish they considered pcats D:

I would say 3.7 is a good GPA to get in. Anyone else get in to UW with a GPA lower than 3.7?

I'm pretty sure I saw other applicants from other years with a cGPA of 3.5 get in but I am not sure how competition is these days

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for jan 2013, currently in 3rd year of undergrad in med sci, just got my confirmation that my reference letter was received. So all that's left is to wait...

3rd year of undergrad
3.6 gpa
almost a year of pharmacy experience at shoppers
LOR from a pharmacist
extracurricular (i.e. hospital volunteer, research assistant, rez rep, part of red cross society, etc.)

currently missing two courses but my plan to finish them by the end of this year so that's my only concern with getting an interview. what do you think?

Good luck to everyone :)

4th year of undergrad at toronto,
3.6 gpa
a year of pharmacy experience
letter of reference from a pharmacist
decent amount of extracurriculars

4th year of undergrad at toronto,
3.6 gpa
a year of pharmacy experience
letter of reference from a pharmacist
decent amount of extracurriculars

how did u get letter of reference from a pharmacist? I have trouble finding one :/

When you guys did your AIF you just had to submit it online right? Were we suppose to mail anything to their office?

I used to work at a pharmacy, so I just asked the pharmacist. And to the other poster, I didn't send in anything other than the AIF, so maybe you and I both messed up :p

Members don't see this ad :)
nop we're good. I just doubled check with the school pheww

Anyone know or have done the interview and reading/writing test? How was it, is the test like the pcat?

Also if this is your not your first time applying, if it's ok, could you give us ideas of what you think they didn't accept you for? - it would be helpful

Hey everyone :)

Wow this thread is pretty dead like UofT's 2017 one, but I guess that's good news for us right? Haha. I'm also applying, but moreso worried about UofT's potential March interview. I've been working at a pharmacy for 5 years and have met all the requirements GPA- and course- wise.

Best of luck to everyone and mark, circle, and highlight April 11 on your calendars (as that's when find out interview statuses) :)

Hey guys,

So based on discussions with the pharmacists I work with, they've scared me in terms of the job outlook in the future. I really am set on working and settling in the GTA area as that's where I'm from but it seems that it is already difficult to find a decent job there. I'm currently at Western and there are still a few jobs here for pharmacists.

I can't imagine what it will be like 5 years down the road. Any comments?

What are your mentors saying?

I'm thinking this may be why people aren't commenting much, b/c many have chosen a different route due to the job market.

What year are you guys in and did anyone get a interview before April 11 or does it all go out at April 11?
I'm so scared due to my orgo marks and my second semester chem of first year when they look very hard for those chem marks....ahh! I did meet all the requirements though. GL To everyone!

What year are you guys in and did anyone get a interview before April 11 or does it all go out at April 11?
I'm so scared due to my orgo marks and my second semester chem of first year when they look very hard for those chem marks....ahh! I did meet all the requirements though. GL To everyone!
@gogogogo: Hi! All interview invites are sent on April 11th (just like UofT does). I wouldn't worry too much on your chem marks. I'm pretty certain it's overall GPA so long as you have a 75/+% and some pharmacy related-experience I would say you're a solid candidate! Hope that helps :)

@gogogogo: Hi! All interview invites are sent on April 11th (just like UofT does). I wouldn't worry too much on your chem marks. I'm pretty certain it's overall GPA so long as you have a 75/+% and some pharmacy related-experience I would say you're a solid candidate! Hope that helps :)

I hope so (I do have above 75% avg) because I thought they look at required courses more...and chem is a required. AHHH!!!! Btw they look at the average rather than GPA I assume as they said 75% rather than saying 3.55 or 3.7.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the emails are sent out? I'm already starting to feel a little sick.

Sign in --> Click "Pharmacy, Honours, Co-operative Program" --> the decision should be visible

Sign in --> Click "Pharmacy, Honours, Co-operative Program" --> the decision should be visible

mine says "application" does that mean they sent all the acceptances? did anyone get an interview yet

mine says "application" does that mean they sent all the acceptances? did anyone get an interview yet

Same boat as you! I haven't heard anything from others who applied. Has anyone tried contacting Julia Pocock about when the emails are sent?

Last edited:
its long distance for me but if someone can tht would help

11:00 am May 3rd interview :) yay! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Wooooooooo I got an interview as well :D:D

Anyone know how many people are given interviews and how many they accept?

Got an interview, but going to decline because I dropped out of the pre-req classes. Hopefully my invite will go to someone else. Good luck.

wow mine is so early compared to u guys its may 3 at 10am ahh does that mean i'm going first :S

Hey ya'll! I got an interview too. From a previous forum, I read that they accept double the applicants, so 240 people for interviews. I'll be there May 3rd, 9:00am. Good luck everyone :D

I think i got the earliest one >_<

Rejected like I suspected...
months of waiting for this....not signing a rent contract so disappointing :(
I knew it due to my low marks in chem but I had pretty good E.C. and a LOR from a pharmacist w/ close hundred hours volunteering.
Ah shucks :(

I knew it due to my low marks in chem but I had pretty good E.C. and a LOR from a pharmacist w/ close hundred hours volunteering.

hey don't give up I honestly think it's a matter of time for anyone that wants to become a pharmacist - MAKE SURE U TRY AGAIN IN THE FALL you could still make it for jan 2013

Congrats to everyone that got interviews!

Might I suggest that low chem marks wasn't your weakness, but perhaps it was your letter of intent?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to submit the final winter term transcript to Waterloo? I'd greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you!

Does anyone know how to submit the final winter term transcript to Waterloo? I'd greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you!

The same way you submitted your preliminary transcript: through mail to the same address.

Hey guys, I have my interview and RC/WT on May 3rd and I'm starting to get worried about it!

Anybody here have any idea what the test will be like? How are you all preparing for it?

:O

I'm going may 3rd too! What is everyone planning to present? I'm thinking of talking about traveling or a sport related hobby

Hey! I have my interview on May 3rd as well!... I replied back of course saying that I would be attending, however, i haven't received any form of confirmation after that. Is this something I should be expecting or is this normal??? getting a bit worried