University of Waterloo c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently this is happening to everyone, including those from last year. I wouldn't be worried. They only reply to your email if they need to change the interview date.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when they'll be sending us a follow-up email after we've responded to accepting the interview day & time? Hopefully it's more than 2 days beforehand...

Also for the unstructured part of the interview does anyone know how much physical room we have to use?

Good luck to everyone :)

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for this whole interview process?

Members don't see this ad :)
just wondering.... for the writing portion, would they ask about the regulation, pharmacy practice or legislation in Ontario something related to those? :scared:

thanks!!!!!!!!

how are you guys preparing for the test portion?

I didn't get confirmation either so I don't think you have to worry.

hey guys,
I found this document 2 years ago on the internet when I applied to waterloo, have a read through it, it might help :) Good luck to all of you, you will all love pharmacy school :)

Attachments

• advice for interview.docx
    14 KB · Views: 239
Will we be needing to know how to calculate P-values? Will they give us a calculator or table of z-scores/binomial distribution values?

I don't know about you guys, but the wait is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
waiting waiting waiting...
How did everyone find their interviews?

hope everyone is doing ok with this longgg waiting period!

- i found my interview went well, obv i was a bit nervous but managed to speak clearly lol
- RW test was ok, didn't have time to proof read so that's my concern

How did everyone else find the interviews?

I don't think anybody really had time to proofread the Reading Test! Hopefully I did okay, the Super Size Me Article (if you guys had the same one) was really straightforward. I'm not sure how they are going to look at the essay portion :/ Although I did write a lot I'm not sure the CONTENT is what they wanted.

Interview on the other hand was great, it was cool listening to their opinion on the pharmacy profession and its current state. Was a bit nervous in the beginning but corny jokes helped ease the tension :).

Anyways the wait is horribly long... I just want to know sooner so I can get on with my life!

Awesome!
Did you guys ask any questions at the end?
I didn't so that's why I am nervous :S

Awesome!
Did you guys ask any questions at the end?
I didn't so that's why I am nervous :S
I did, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. In retrospect, there are so many things I would have done differently, but there's no much we can do about it now!

Hey guys
I was wondering around how much students make in one co op term?
I'm trying to compare the costs of UofT and Waterloo Pharmacy so I was wondering,
Thanks!

https://uwaterloo.ca/co-operative-e...ings/weekly-earnings-information-jan-dec-2012

Check out the bottom row for pharmacy pay-rates. Depending on the jobs you'll get, you can make anywhere from $7,000-$16,000 a term before taxes. You'll probably make slightly more each term. I'm in Waterloo Biology and I'm currently on my third co-op term which sadly, seems to pay the same amount as the Pharmacy jobs. For my first three terms in Biology co-op the pay-scale was pretty accurate ($500-$700 a week). Compared to engineering and comp sci jobs the wage is obviously way lower for both science and pharmacy, but it was still enough to paid off my entire undergrad so far.

I would say the co-op program definitely makes Waterloo Pharmacy a bit more affordable than UofT. Plus you have the opportunity to compete for really unique jobs on Jobmine that would be near impossible to find on your own through connections or job search.

UofT however is still a great school and has many of its own advantages, so you should choose carefully if you have both options. ;)

Oh and just to add to that, you still have to COMPETE for jobs on Jobmine at Waterloo, (I.e. you aren't just handed jobs right off the bat). So if you want the good jobs (good learning experience, good employer, good wage) you have to make sure you build your resume and CV well and try to stand out. There are enough jobs for everybody but only so many "good" jobs to go around.. so the more ambitious you are the better. Or at least that's what I've learned from the co-op culture at Waterloo. :)

This is a great file and has opened my eyes to a lot of things. Thank you for sharing.

Im going to be applying to UW pharmacy next year so I wasn't really aware of the RW test at the interview so this is kind of scaring me a bit. Since Im new to this application style, Im wondering if anyone can elaborate more on this test- What to expect, how to prepare, what is required of me? I just want to know exactly how Im supposed to be approaching this if time comes, and I don't want to ignore it till the time comes and I stress out. So if I can please get any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all waiting for their responses!

Hey guys!

So I was wondering how do we know if they received our transcripts or not? I'm from Waterloo and it doesnt say they received my transcript yet, is anybody in this situtation as well?

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Hey guys!

So I was wondering how do we know if they received our transcripts or not? I'm from Waterloo and it doesnt say they received my transcript yet, is anybody in this situtation as well?

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Sign in to Quest, look under admissions, and select documents. It will let you know when last they received a transcript. Mine says 05/20/13, so that would mean they received it.

Sign in to Quest, look under admissions, and select documents. It will let you know when last they received a transcript. Mine says 05/20/13, so that would mean they received it.

Are you from uWaterloo? Mine says 01/25/13 :S I would've assumed they should have received mine by now too then?

Sorry to post again, but did you mail in the transcript yourself?

Nope, I did it through the university, there's an option to request a transcript being sent to another institution. I'm sure you'll be fine. They said waterloo students don't even have to send a transcript because they can obtain it.

Yea thats what I thought and I'm pretty sure I did request a transcript to be sent. Thanks so much!! :)

Oh and just to add to that, you still have to COMPETE for jobs on Jobmine at Waterloo, (I.e. you aren't just handed jobs right off the bat). So if you want the good jobs (good learning experience, good employer, good wage) you have to make sure you build your resume and CV well and try to stand out. There are enough jobs for everybody but only so many "good" jobs to go around.. so the more ambitious you are the better. Or at least that's what I've learned from the co-op culture at Waterloo. :)

Thanks for all that information!! :)

9 MORE DAYS
How are you guys holding up?

Wait I'm confused. I thought they automatically print off updated transcripts for Waterloo students. How come under Admissions -> Documents, it says Date Last Received is 1/25/2013? Does anybody else have this issue? Shouldn't it be updated soon.. to include our Winter marks..? The deadline for our final transcipt is June 7th, 2013!

Help! :O

Mine says the same thing!
If we go to UW, they take care of it themselves, we don't have to worry about sending anything in or anything like that. It's automatically done for us :)

Last edited:
Yup they can see our marks on Quest themselves. I emailed the school and asked so we are all fine :)

I'm actually getting a little restless. :eek:

Same! I just want to know if I'm getting in or not asap! I remember, 2 days after my waterloo interview i felt like time was moving soooo slowly! Now here we are, less than a week to go!

It's almost wednesday :)))))) yay

One day more

this never ending road to pharmacy~~

gl tmw guys

less than 24hours! goodluck to everyone :) either way we should be very proud to have made it through the interviews so good job!