UNT M.S. in Medical Sciences 2015-2016 (Texas)-SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just another question..is this program only available for full time or is there a part time track as well? How would you guys rate this program against UTDs post bacc? Although UTD is for undergrad credit? Thanks!
As far as I know, there is only a full time option, you are automatically registered for your courses so you don't really have an option.

I don't know much about UTD's program but from what you're saying, if it is undergrad credit, you would be raising your uGPA which is a plus. This program will give you a master's degree and the courses you take will be similar to medical school courses and taught by the same professors. But you will be earning a graduate GPA which will not change your uGPA at all. I do believe that this program is pretty reputable in Texas and I'm sure you have a significant advantage at TCOM compared to other programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As far as I know, there is only a full time option, you are automatically registered for your courses so you don't really have an option.

I don't know much about UTD's program but from what you're saying, if it is undergrad credit, you would be raising your uGPA which is a plus. This program will give you a master's degree and the courses you take will be similar to medical school courses and taught by the same professors. But you will be earning a graduate GPA which will not change your uGPA at all. I do believe that this program is pretty reputable in Texas and I'm sure you have a significant advantage at TCOM compared to other programs.
I'm several years post baccalaureate with multiple degrees so my undergrad GPA could definitely stand to go up for sure. But these courses that are hurting me are 10 years old. And with the amount of credit hours I have it's pretty weighted. But I would much rather show I can handle rigor so I'm leaning towards this program if I'm able to be accepted. I haven't applied to UTD yet but the deadline is approaching

I'm several years post baccalaureate with multiple degrees so my undergrad GPA could definitely stand to go up for sure. But these courses that are hurting me are 10 years old. And with the amount of credit hours I have it's pretty weighted. But I would much rather show I can handle rigor so I'm leaning towards this program if I'm able to be accepted. I haven't applied to UTD yet but the deadline is approaching
If you are considering out of state D.O. and the UTD program offers the courses that are hurting you then it would be nice since grade replacement applies in AACOMAS. But I'm not sure (for example) if taking biochemistry at a graduate level would replace biochemistry at the undergraduate level for AACOMAS.

Yes, doing well in this program would be a positive sign to admission committees about you handling the rigors of medical school. You also get to take anatomy lab with cadavers which would be great preparation for medical school, not sure if/what the UTD program offers but something to consider.

This program also hosts various workshops about applications, interviews, personal statement, etc. that will be really beneficial as you are going through the whole process. Again, I'm not sure if the UTD program offers the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
My grade replacement for AACOMAS is upper 3.5 now so I think that's okay, but it's a significant difference for my TMDSAS And AMCAS gpa so that's why I was weighing options. But UNT is the program I'm leaving towards most. Hopefully I can't get a chance to be admitted. I'm looking forward to the open house as well to get a complete feel.

My grade replacement for AACOMAS is upper 3.5 now so I think that's okay, but it's a significant difference for my TMDSAS And AMCAS gpa so that's why I was weighing options. But UNT is the program I'm leaving towards most. Hopefully I can't get a chance to be admitted. I'm looking forward to the open house as well to get a complete feel.

Best of luck! I hope everything works out :)

Just fyi there are many food options near school if you need to eat after the tour. Just some places I recommend are: velvet taco/torchy's for tacos, in-n-out/swiss pastry shop for burgers, terra is a Mediterranean buffet ($12) and there are plenty more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users
Just another question..is this program only available for full time or is there a part time track as well? How would you guys rate this program against UTDs post bacc? Although UTD is for undergrad credit? Thanks!
Only full time. Everyone takes the same classes in the same lecture hall. its all or nothing

Okay cool! I heard its roughly 200 students is that right? I called today and they received my app fee, how long before I get user ID and stuff? Anybody know?! Thanks

Okay cool! I heard its roughly 200 students is that right? I called today and they received my app fee, how long before I get user ID and stuff? Anybody know?! Thanks

Yeah right about 200 is correct. I'm not sure about your second question.

Can this program help students with high GPA and low MCAT (e.g 3.9 and 26)?

I sent in my application and the fee with all the paperwork on December 23 and I just got it complete on Feb.5
I emailed them and they were running behind so I would expect approx. a month

And it's on rolling admissions right? I wonder how many are completed or in a pile. I remember a previous thread said they wouldn't start reviewing until 30 apps is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can this program help students with high GPA and low MCAT (e.g 3.9 and 26)?

I would recommend just taking a prep course for or dedicating a lot of time to studying the MCAT. Maybe the program would make you more competitive at TCOM (where in my opinion you already have a shot) but I don't know about other medical schools with a 26. You would have to take the MCAT prep course anyways in the program. I would say you also have a decent shot at OOS D.O.

If you're thinking about taking a gap year though this would be a good use of time but of course you do have to pay for it

Edit: Also in the off chance you perform poorly in the program it would actually hurt your chances so there's also that to consider

@random123 Thank you for the advice. I was really hoping to get in somewhere here in Texas because of the low cost. However, I think it's too late to apply OOS at this point anyway. I've spoken with several deans of admissions here and they mentioned that one of the first questions an adcom asks is, can this applicant make it through medical school? So I thought perhaps by completing the UNT SMP (assuming I do well), I will give them the answer to their question. I wasn't planning on taking the new MCAT but if that's what it takes to get me there, I guess I have no other choice.

@random123 Thank you for the advice. I was really hoping to get in somewhere here in Texas because of the low cost. However, I think it's too late to apply OOS at this point anyway. I've spoken with several deans of admissions here and they mentioned that one of the first questions an adcom asks is, can this applicant make it through medical school? So I thought perhaps by completing the UNT SMP (assuming I do well), I will give them the answer to their question. I wasn't planning on taking the new MCAT but if that's what it takes to get me there, I guess I have no other choice.

All good points! This will be great to do during your gap year and you'll be taking the MCAT prep course in this program anyways so it will really strengthen your application! Best of luck.

Just got off the phone with Sarah and I was inquiring about the receipt of my money order. They have it, and she says they are still processing applications from the second week of January. She said approximately 2 weeks that I should get my username. I asked her how many applied last year she said 600 and they accepted 210. I asked her how many have applied now and she said "I can roughly see about 200-300 already". Just a little info I thought I would share!

Reactions: 2 users
Can a current or past MedSci student comment upon commuting from Dallas to DFW? Of course, this isn't ideal for exam days, but overrall is it manageable? @radian313 @closetgunner19 @LTT2014

I should also mention, that I want to take DART.

Last edited:
I took at class at tarrant county on the south campus coming from the mesquite area. Traffic wasn't bad. I took 20 most days then 30 on another just watching the news and evaluating traffic. It's doable. I was always able to get there before 8am. Left my house at 6:15-630.

Omg!! I'm so excited I found this thread.
I'm applying for the upcoming summer 2015 program but I haven't submitted my application yet. Has anyone else not submitted yet?
It's making me anxious reading about how for most people it took a month for their application to be "complete".

--Also, how important are letters of recommendation?

Last edited:
Submit as soon as you can. Admission says there are about 2-300 who have already applied. I applied last week. I can't imagine 300 more people applying in about 3-4 weeks. But I could be wrong. She said 600 applied last year.

I'm not sure about LORs. I submitted three. One science prof. One MD. One DO who's an alumni of TCOM. I also submitted my curriculum vitae for extra consideration.

Thank your for replying!
I'm working on having my application ready by the end of this week (the essays are killing me), and my letters hopefully to be sent within the next two weeks. I already sent my transcripts and application fee about a month ago. Curriculum vitae, that's like a resume isn't it? How did you submit one? I don't think I saw an option to upload extra documents. Or did you just send it independently via mail?

It's similar to a resume, yes. And I sent it to the [email protected] and if you'll under the requirements it says extra documents such as resume or cv considered but not required so I attached it via pdf. I sent my letters via interfolio using the email option.

Just got off the phone with Sarah and I was inquiring about the receipt of my money order. They have it, and she says they are still processing applications from the second week of January. She said approximately 2 weeks that I should get my username. I asked her how many applied last year she said 600 and they accepted 210. I asked her how many have applied now and she said "I can roughly see about 200-300 already". Just a little info I thought I would share!

Thanks for the info! Did Sarah mention whether or not these were already processed/completed? Or do they also include submitted applications? I had the opportunity to talk to Sarah as well, and she gave me different numbers. I called her about 3-4 weeks ago, and she said she saw 406 applications. Either way, the number of applications they have already received is astonishing! In last year's thread, I believe someone said that there were only ~100 apps completed around this time.

On another note, I've been in contact with Amanda Griffith. Just to reiterate some of the stuff that's been said... the admissions committee weighs all parts of your application equally. They also look at overall undergraduate GPA, last 60 undergraduate credits, and your graduate credits separately.

Best of luck to everyone!

I totally forgot about the option to submit a resume. Do you think it'll be ok if my resume surpasses 1 page?

Also, just curious but who is attending the Open House next weekend?

@aspiringdocO My CV is three pages. But that's typical of that. I'm sure it's fine. I'm attending the open house as well. @serenity15 she just said "she's a month behind on apps. She's processing the ones from the second week of January". Does anybody know how heavy the essays weigh? How many characters did yall use?

Can a current or past MedSci student comment upon commuting from Dallas to DFW? Of course, this isn't ideal for exam days, but overrall is it manageable? @radian313 @closetgunner19 @LTT2014

I should also mention, that I want to take DART.

http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/westboundweekday.html
Two of my buddies use TRE, but they don't live as far as Dallas, and they make it well in time for exam days (morning exams begin at 8 am). There is a bus stop right in front of the building where our classes meet. You can pre-purchases passes and I think they give you a discount for being a student. I'll have to ask for more info for you.

Should you drive, I'd say give yourself about 75-90 minutes, depending from where in Dallas you are driving. I'm usually on the road by 6 am, but I live in S. Arlington about 20 minutes away. Definitely do a dry run beforehand. There are several students in our class that drive from N. Dallas area and they're on the road at least by 6 am.

Hi everyone! I am applying to the UNT Medical Sciences program for this year. I am interested in pursuing dental school and I thought a post bacc program would help boost my GPA. I read that they also have a DAT prep course instead of the MCAT, can anyone verify that? I am a non-Texas resident and I was wondering how that would affect my chance. I'm a Kansas resident and we don't really have any programs like this for pre-dental students (probably because we don't even have a dental school in our state). Do we know when people will be notified on acceptance? Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.25
DAT Score: AA-17; PAT-19
I am also a first generation student so I don't know if that will help my chances or not. I have also gotten a few C's and have 2 Ws on my transcript (I just retook theses classes last semester and received an A and B).

Yes, dental students are enrolled in a separate DAT course. What admissions is really looking for is whether you have what it takes to make it into dental school, so I'm not sure if being a first generation student will give you an advantage. I am a first generation student and the only child of 6 to even hold a bachelor's degree but that was never mentioned in my application/essays. What I am sure about is that they will evaluate you based on your overall application: GPA, essays, LORs. I had 2 strong LORs from coworkers and a good one from a DO. I also made many Fs (most of which I have retaken for As and Bs) and several Ws. Don't be discouraged!

There are a handful of pre-dental students in our class, and one of them has already been admitted into a dental school. His story is truly inspiring.

@aspiringdocO My CV is three pages. But that's typical of that. I'm sure it's fine. I'm attending the open house as well. @serenity15 she just said "she's a month behind on apps. She's processing the ones from the second week of January". Does anybody know how heavy the essays weigh? How many characters did yall use?

My essays varied from about 200-800 characters, with more being on the clinical experience question and the last question. I kept my responses as concise as possible. I would imagine essays (along with LORs) carried a similar weight to GPA as I applied with a 2.97cGPA and 3.0XcGPA in the last 60 hours.

My last 60 hours is ~3.4-3.5. I Have no idea what my cumulative GPA is because I've got three degrees and roughly 260 college credit hours. So..I can't even begin to tell you what it is. Hopefully 3.0?? I'm applying with a GRE. My essays were probably 500-800. Hopefully that's okay. They were lengthy.

For those of you contemplating going to open house- I say do it if you can. There is much information to gain from attending that will give you a better idea of what you'll be getting yourself into with MedSci. Plus, you'll get to see the campus and hear from administrators about the program. Many students attended from outside of DFW, and several I spoke with were OOS.

Also, MedSci students will be there giving tours and whatnot, and that's a great time to ask all your questions. The Dean was there last year when I went, and I was able to speak with her directly about my situation. She was actually the person that told me that I should apply (Yes, I completed my application in early March and still made it in, so it's not too late now! But don't wait that long if you don't have to. Lots of heart burn and sleepless nights. Lol.)

Thank you for the information, @LTT2014! I'm taking the DART next week weekend for open house, so I will definitely get a feel for the overrall trip. Do they have any scholarships specific to the program or graduate school that we can apply for right now?

@prettyNURSEtoMD My essay length were pretty variable depending on the question. For the most part, each question was answered with at least 300 characters.

Does anyone know the total cost of the program (tuition, accommodation, living expenses, etc..) on average?

Does anyone know the total cost of the program (tuition, accommodation, living expenses, etc..) on average?

In total tuition (with the technology package) is about 13/14k. Summer semester is about 5/6k due to the technology package. Fall and spring are both around 3/4k each.

Rent depends on where you live but ranges from 600-1000 (per month) probably. Then add in electricity, internet, water, groceries, gas, etc. so probably estimate around a 1000 or so a month (this is rent + other things). You don't really need to buy books besides anatomy so I wouldn't estimate more than a 100 total spent on books unless you have to have them. Scrubs to wear to anatomy lab are around 20/40 depending on how nice they are. Then parking is around 54 per semester.

So a decent ballpark would be around 26-30k in total, this number can vary greatly based on where you decide to live.

So after the deadline is when they will start sending out acceptances or who does that work?

So after the deadline is when they will start sending out acceptances or who does that work?

Hah you really ask a lot of questions. Just relax, I'm a current student and I can tell you that there is no set-in-stone way in which they start handing out acceptances. Someone could get accepted tomorrow or the first day of orientation, its truly up to the committee and no one on this forum will be able to tell you what goes on behind closed doors. The applications, in my opinion, are not evaluated/accepted in order of submission: I applied 2 days before the deadline (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS) and got accepted one month later while some that applied in january got accepted the week of orientation. What I can tell you from a personal sit-down with the director of the program is that your GPA over your last 60 hours of college coursework, essays, and to some extent your MCAT are the three very important factors on your application. Letters of recommendation are a requirement but are unlikely to sway your application to an acceptance or denial.

For all of you: At this point, just get your application in so it's over with. Pay particular attention to the essays. Specifically, the essays about "why do you want this program", "career goals", and "additional information" can be your strongest tools to get you in. Also, be realistic with yourselves. Your most recent 60hrs. GPA should be a 3.5+ (the majority of applicants will have taken their upper division science courses in that span of 60 hours and your performance in those courses is basically a pre-determinant of your performance here).

This program is great, but it will not work miracles. I came to MedSci because my application lacked in one area, cGPA. In my case it is a perfect program because it addresses the major flaw of my app. I can also attest to the program's success...I was granted interviews at both TCOM and UTHSCSA and just matched to UTHSCSA on match day. That being said, I have also maintained a 4.0 here at MedSci and can tell you that this will probably be the most rigorous academic load you've ever experienced thus far (which is awesome in my opinion).

I'm all about transparency, these were my numbers applying to MedSci last year and got me a very quick acceptance (not trying to brag, simply putting the info out there for anyone it may help)

cGPA: 3.1
sGPA: 3.7 (MedSci does not look @ this GPA, TMDSAS does though)
MCAT: 29 (B-11/PS-10/V-8)
GPA of most recent 60hr: 3.85
Degree: Biology
MedSci GPA: 4.0

Essays: I stayed very simple and focused ONLY on answering the prompt as if it were asked as a question. For the essays I mentioned above, I believe mine were about a page long and for the more trivial prompts (research/volunteering/clinical) I just wrote about a paragraph or two simply describing the aforementioned aspects of my career.

hope this helps, I'm here to answer any questions about MedSci that anyone has

In total tuition (with the technology package) is about 13/14k. Summer semester is about 5/6k due to the technology package. Fall and spring are both around 3/4k each.

Rent depends on where you live but ranges from 600-1000 (per month) probably. Then add in electricity, internet, water, groceries, gas, etc. so probably estimate around a 1000 or so a month (this is rent + other things). You don't really need to buy books besides anatomy so I wouldn't estimate more than a 100 total spent on books unless you have to have them. Scrubs to wear to anatomy lab are around 20/40 depending on how nice they are. Then parking is around 54 per semester.

So a decent ballpark would be around 26-30k in total, this number can vary greatly based on where you decide to live.

Thank you! That's what I thought but I had to ask after seeing this on their website:

http://web.unthsc.edu/downloads/file/5704/14-15_gsbs_medsci_coa

Last edited:
Thank your for replying!
I'm working on having my application ready by the end of this week (the essays are killing me), and my letters hopefully to be sent within the next two weeks. I already sent my transcripts and application fee about a month ago. Curriculum vitae, that's like a resume isn't it? How did you submit one? I don't think I saw an option to upload extra documents. Or did you just send it independently via mail?
You honestly dont need to send them a CV/resume, most of that information will be conveyed in your essays.

I have also maintained a 4.0 here at MedSci and can tell you that this will probably be the most rigorous academic load you've ever experienced thus far (which is awesome in my opinion).

That's impressive! Could you please provide some tips on how you manged to maintain a 4.0 throughout the program. I know that every student has his/her learning habits and style but some general tips would be greatly appreciated.

I know it sucks right now to be unsure of when you'll hear back but keep in mind that the reason they might wait so long is to give everyone an equal opportunity regardless of when they apply. I believe TCOM is pretty similar so they don't hand out many pre-matches compared to other schools.

BUT as @closetgunner19 said, get your application in and over with. Also if anything takes awhile to send in or process at least you won't have to worry about it.

That's impressive! Could you please provide some tips on how you manged to maintain a 4.0 throughout the program. I know that every student has his/her learning habits and style but some general tips would be greatly appreciated.
Absolutely,

Something quite different that undergrad is that MedSci provides you with an excel sheet calendar of the entire semester, literally day-by-day what classes you will have, tests, assignments, etc. (this is exactly what med schools do by the way). I take this program on a week-by-week basis, you know that if you have a test wednesday morning then you will need to plan ample study time on sun/mon/tues (or whatever amount of time you need). Now, I'm not "Mr. Organized" by any stretch but I at least have a game plan for every available block of time that I am either in between classes or after class. My point is, the calendar is a great way to just visualize everything and plan ahead, especially when you have two tests in a week. So my main advice is to set a schedule for studying and commit to it.

Digging deeper, you will most likely have some prior knowledge coming in to MedSci which is great. However, prior knowledge can hurt you at times. I would strongly advise to not forget everything you know coming in, but just trust that the way they teach it here is correct, go with THEIR flow of teaching, and don't try to combat a powerpoint slide from MedSci's biochem lecture with something you think you learned in undergrad, studying for MCAT, or as an EMT. (sounds odd i know, but you'd be surprised at how many people have missed questions due to 'prior knowledge' when they were really wrong all along).

Over an above all, its hard work. You, me, or any student can pull up any random slide on some biochem pathway and basically "get it", but its the volume of material that makes or breaks people. There is no way around putting in the hard work to memorize and understand the small details even though it may take you from 8am on a saturday til' 2am the following monday morning for a test at 8am that monday. I prefer to study w/ one partner, but really do whatever keeps you focused because there is no right or wrong way. The library is very conducive to studying and it is where i do 100% of my studying, but obviously thats just a personal preference.

Lots of people post their notes to the FB page like tables and charts and stuff which is nice, but to tell you the truth i've never used one of them. Make your own notes, study what they give you, play the game, don't complain, and just work hard every single day. I'm always under the internal mindset that if I can't perform well here, then why on earth would I think I can perform well in medical school which is a step up, albeit a small step... a step up indeed.

Best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
@Statemed As you said, everyone has a different style of studying and I'm sure you're hear a lot about this when the semester gets closer to starting, especially from orientation leaders.

Personally, I like to study alone and take breaks as needed so I don't burn out. I don't think I ever touched a book first semester. I used a lot of YouTube videos to understand things that weren't clear to me from lecture. I think repetition and understanding (vs. memorizing) the material is key. The PowerPoints will have most all of the material (if not all) that you need to know to do well. I think all of the classes besides the two I mention below should not give you too much trouble if you apply yourself.

Exceptions, Histology and Epidemiology.

Histology is a two semester hour class that will (at least for me) require more studying than any of the other classes. I had never taken anything like histology before so I had a large learning curve. The histology exams are all also a day or two after another exam for some reason (at least in our schedule) so it's easy to choose to dedicate studying time to a three hour course vs. histology. But I do think that it is good in the sense that it teaches you how to manage your time and learn different things at the same time.

Epidemiology isn't a difficult class but it is very easy to blow off and there is a big group presentation at the end of the semester that can swing your grade one way or another. So it can easily creep up on you and you could very easily be at the A/B border at the end of the year if you don't do well on the quizzes and exams before the final so don't blow off this class.

One of the great things about this program is that all the material is very relevant to your future profession so it shouldn't be a struggle to study; also, don't forget why you are here and you should have no problem doing well!

I also recommend finding some kind of outlet (like exercise) just to take good study breaks. This is a great time to figure out how you study and what works for you so that you can succeed wherever you end up after this.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything.

@Statemed As you said, everyone has a different style of studying and I'm sure you're hear a lot about this when the semester gets closer to starting, especially from orientation leaders.

Personally, I like to study alone and take breaks as needed so I don't burn out. I don't think I ever touched a book first semester. I used a lot of YouTube videos to understand things that weren't clear to me from lecture. I think repetition and understanding (vs. memorizing) the material is key. The PowerPoints will have most all of the material (if not all) that you need to know to do well. I think all of the classes besides the two I mention below should not give you too much trouble if you apply yourself.

Exceptions, Histology and Epidemiology.

Histology is a two semester hour class that will (at least for me) require more studying than any of the other classes. I had never taken anything like histology before so I had a large learning curve. The histology exams are all also a day or two after another exam for some reason (at least in our schedule) so it's easy to choose to dedicate studying time to a three hour course vs. histology. But I do think that it is good in the sense that it teaches you how to manage your time and learn different things at the same time.

Epidemiology isn't a difficult class but it is very easy to blow off and there is a big group presentation at the end of the semester that can swing your grade one way or another. So it can easily creep up on you and you could very easily be at the A/B border at the end of the year if you don't do well on the quizzes and exams before the final so don't blow off this class.

One of the great things about this program is that all the material is very relevant to your future profession so it shouldn't be a struggle to study; also, don't forget why you are here and you should have no problem doing well!

I also recommend finding some kind of outlet (like exercise) just to take good study breaks. This is a great time to figure out how you study and what works for you so that you can succeed wherever you end up after this.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything.

Yeah this is a great response^^ @random123 dont you think histo should have been 4 hours credit instead of 2? haha. But for most students, histology is something that none of us have ever seen so it was definitely a class that required a new form of thinking (like... three-dimensional thinking) along w/ some functional anatomy thrown in.

@random123 and @closetgunner19 Great posts! Thanks a lot! One more question..did you use the same method of studying in undergrad but added more hours in Med Sci or did you have to radically adjust your studying habits for the program? In undergrad, I would read the subject beforehand, take notes in class and sometimes record lectures, revise my notes after class, review the material presented, and study everything an exam covered two or three days before the test day. This is how I survived undergrad, especially upper division bio courses such as immuno and neuro, and every time I deviated from this path, I would sort of compromise midterm grades. So, I just wanted to know how your approach for the Med Sci course was different from that of undergraduate courses, if any.

@random123 and @closetgunner19 Great posts! Thanks a lot! One more question..did you use the same method of studying in undergrad but added more hours in Med Sci or did you have to radically adjust your studying habits for the program? In undergrad, I would read the subject beforehand, take notes in class and sometimes record lectures, revise my notes after class, review the material presented, and study everything an exam covered two or three days before the test day. This is how I survived undergrad, especially upper division bio courses such as immuno and neuro, and every time I deviated from this path, I would sort of compromise midterm grades. So, I just wanted to know how your approach for the Med Sci course was different from that of undergraduate courses, if any.
The method you described sounds like it will work just fine. I do study differently that undergrad, but mainly because we are only in 2 main courses at once that require constant studying so its just a different structure overall. Thats great you took immuno in undergrad (immuno was a tough course on our class, it was basically the entire immuno undergrad course in 1 week).