UPEI AVC C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MintyMoose

tOSU CVM c/o 2028
Reaction score
Hi all, I didn't see a thread for UPEI yet for this application cycle so I decided to make one :) I am a second-time international applicant

Members don't see this ad.

First time international applicant! Is anyone else writing a letter of explanation for a prereq not meeting their stipulations? I have Statistics planned for Spring ‘24 and am hoping that “I’m a nontrad student and the course wasn’t required for my degree in undergrad” is a good enough reason for an exception 😅

First time international applicant! Is anyone else writing a letter of explanation for a prereq not meeting their stipulations? I have Statistics planned for Spring ‘24 and am hoping that “I’m a nontrad student and the course wasn’t required for my degree in undergrad” is a good enough reason for an exception 😅
Yes, I had to write one for this cycle. I forgot to last year so I was rejected fast lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from them about the processing fee yet?

Got an application confirmation email this morning :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like international applicants will hear about interviews by the end of October!

It sounds like international applicants will hear about interviews by the end of October!
I am under the same belief reading through the prior years’ threads.

Does anyone happen to know how large their international applicant pool is?

I am under the same belief reading through the prior years’ threads.

Does anyone happen to know how large their international applicant pool is?
It was also in an email I got today confirming that I had an outstanding prereq

BFEA2ABE-A8F0-4CA9-A923-FB3D1D9F99C5.jpeg

Did anyone else just get an email that your application is currently being reviewed 😵‍💫

Same! I’m realizing that it was probably more of a general email about all complete international apps beginning to be reviewed and now feel like I can breathe a little again lol

Does anyone know if they only do one wave of interviews for international applicants ?

I received an email about paying supplemental fee today
how did that email read? i got one that said my app was being reviewed and then a second email to activate my portal. At the bottom it says
"Within 5 business days of this email, you will receive two emails from [email protected]. These will be your username and password for the application fee payment site." is the application fee site different than the admission portal?

how did that email read? i got one that said my app was being reviewed and then a second email to activate my portal. At the bottom it says
"Within 5 business days of this email, you will receive two emails from [email protected]. These will be your username and password for the application fee payment site." is the application fee site different than the admission portal?
I received that same email on Friday But I haven’t received any follow up emails since.

Has anyone received email to actually pay the fee yet? I have an email saying password is coming to be able to pay the fee, but nothing yet.

So I just got the emails to pay the fee, but the username and password that they mention aren't listed (it's just blank). Did it go through with actual login info for any of you guys?

Edit: They sent me another email in response to me asking about this, this time asking for a tuition deposit? I’m so confused. And the username field is still blank lol

Last edited:
I had a lot of trouble getting in to pay. First I couldn't change the password, then I couldn't get my credit card information to process. It took multiple tries and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it, but it finally went through.

There are separate emails sent with a specific link and PIN for paying the application fee. I think it's through the same portal but just a specific secured link. I received the email for the application fee today, about 10 days after receiving the portal activation email.

Anyone hear anything about interviews? I'm totally getting anxious

Anyone hear anything about interviews? I'm totally getting anxious
Not yet! I’m hoping it’ll be within the next couple of days based on past threads

Last handful of cycles they heard back already. I’m wondering if there were more applicants this year and that’s why it’s taking longer.

Congrats!! Did they give both in-person and virtual options, if you don’t mind me asking?
Thank you!! It looks like just virtual from the email, but maybe once I get more details they might also have in-person options as well

Just got the interview invite!

Congratulations to everyone interviewing! 🙂 Did y’all all get yours at the same time? Trying to gauge whether a rejection is imminent lol

Congratulations to everyone interviewing! 🙂 Did y’all all get yours at the same time? Trying to gauge whether a rejection is imminent lol
Wondering the exact same. I wonder if interviews have been staggered in the past ?

Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 3.28.57 PM.png

I found this in one of the emails I got from Upei, so it sounds like there should be a second wave once they hear back from people? But please keep us updated!

Someone in a pre-vet Facebook group mentioned receiving theirs around 2pm and the invite posts in this thread are timestamped 10am-noon for me so unless they’re all in different timezones invites miiight be staggered? Could be wishful thinking though 🥲

I can’t imagine a lot of people would decline a virtual interview this early in the cycle as far as a second wave after responses honestly, but who knows

Someone in a pre-vet Facebook group mentioned receiving theirs around 2pm and the invite posts in this thread are timestamped 10am-noon for me so unless they’re all in different timezones invites miiight be staggered? Could be wishful thinking though 🥲

I can’t imagine a lot of people would decline a virtual interview this early in the cycle as far as a second wave after responses honestly, but who knows
I had the same thought. Is it possible that they haven't sent all interview invites yet? I hope so.

hmm weird, I haven't heard anything from UPEI yet either way after I submitted my letter of explanation for a prerequisite being taken in a part time semester a couple weeks ago. is there a chance their decisions are coming through somewhat staggered?

hmm weird, I haven't heard anything from UPEI yet either way after I submitted my letter of explanation for a prerequisite being taken in a part time semester a couple weeks ago. is there a chance their decisions are coming through somewhat staggered?
I haven’t heard either and my letter was included in my initial app, I think they may be staggering them to some extent? It seems like this year is a little different than past cycles as far as timeline

Nevermind, just got my rejection too

Has anyone heard anything after accepting your interview offer? I responded the day I received the email, but still haven’t heard anything.