UPEI AVC C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are getting close! The wait is driving me crazy. I don't know a lot of other second years applying as I think many people from my class decided to wait until next year.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there’s a good chance that we’ll hear this Friday. What are everyone else’s feelings/predictions?
This will be my fourth time applying and honestly, I get more anxious and burnt out with the process every year.

Reactions: 1 user
I think there’s a good chance that we’ll hear this Friday. What are everyone else’s feelings/predictions?
This will be my fourth time applying and honestly, I get more anxious and burnt out with the process every year.
I’m hoping we find out this Friday. This is also my fourth year applying and I feel the same way. It’s definitely exhausting and defeating. Crossing my fingers for us!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m hoping we find out this Friday. This is also my fourth year applying and I feel the same way. It’s definitely exhausting and defeating. Crossing my fingers for us!
I have an inkling about this Friday, too! I’ve also applied multiple times and improved my application after each cycle. Deep breaths and fingers crossed!

This Friday would definitely be nice. I've heard from a current fourth year student to expect anywhere between March 15th and March 27th, though it seems to be trending towards the earlier half of that in the past few application cycles. I'm not sure where I want it to be to be quite honest. I think regardless of the "when" I am going to be spending the upcoming holiday completely able to focus on anything else :)

Fourth time applicant from NS, I'm extremely anxious this year about interview invitations 😩

Fourth time applicant from NS, I'm extremely anxious this year about interview invitations 😩
I’m a bit relieved to hear that I’m not the only fourth time applicant. Not that I’m glad any of us haven’t gotten accepted yet 🤣

I made this figure based on UPEI's c/o 2019-2024 stats and my assumed mapping of grades on a 4.3 scale to % scale, for those who are interested:

Attachments

• upeiadmissionaverages.png
    upeiadmissionaverages.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: 1 users
Happy potential interview invite Eve everyone! Hopefully we hear tomorrow, for better or for worse. I don’t think my anxiety can handle another week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Regional applicant, waiting to see if emails come out this week! So anxious waiting haha. For some reason I feel like it will either be today (Monday) or Friday this week, if anyone from PEI hears, please share!

Last edited:
I just emailed to decline my international seat (though they have no instructions for declining an offer in any of their communications so hopefully that was the right thing to do!). Hoping someone gets pulled off the international list soon :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard back yet as an NS applicant but people in my class have told me Newfoundland has begun hearing back about interviews as of today.

Received an interview invite! NB applicant

Received an invite!!! I'm from Nova Scotia

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone getting an invite!! Does anyone know if pei has gone out yet? Do they send all regional applicants on the same day?

how do you guys prepare the interview?? Im NS applicant I got the invite but Im not sure how to prepare it. 😭

Did anyone get a response back giving them an interview time yet? I did as soon as I saw it on Wednesday but I'm nervous that they haven't seen it yet for some reason and this is the last day before the deadline

Did anyone get a response back giving them an interview time yet? I did as soon as I saw it on Wednesday but I'm nervous that they haven't seen it yet for some reason and this is the last day before the deadline
I think the last day might be Monday :) I haven't heard anything back yet either.

I didn’t get a time but they confirmed my email was received

Last year they got my email wrong and I didnt get one of the emails, maybe follow up with them again?

Has anyone gotten any updates on the alternate list? Is it moving or not at all

For those who have accepted their spots at AVC, is there a Facebook page or groupme that you guys have made that I could join?

I was just offered a spot as an international applicant and I declined for another school. goodluck to everyone still waiting for a call!

For those who have accepted their spots at AVC, is there a Facebook page or groupme that you guys have made that I could join?
Once the domestic students have been accepted, the orientation committee will make a Facebook group for the class of 2028. In the meantime, there is a Facebook group called AVC Book Exchange PEI Canada where you can look for housing/roommates.

Once the domestic students have been accepted, the orientation committee will make a Facebook group for the class of 2028. In the meantime, there is a Facebook group called AVC Book Exchange PEI Canada where you can look for housing/roommates.
Are you a current student?

Does anyone have any experience with the interview? Any advice on questions to expect, and/or what kind of answers they’re looking for would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Good luck everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with the interview? Any advice on questions to expect, and/or what kind of answers they’re looking for would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Good luck everyone!
My experience only I think they generally want to know what kind of person you are and what you learn from your experience. They didn't ask hard questions at all. It's more like a chat!