Western University Fall 2014 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got an interview invite this morning for dec 14!!!! c ya'll there! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrat! did you get an email saying your app was under reviewed before you got interview invite?
Yes. Last wed I got that email and was hoping for an interview invite before dec 14. So for me it took exactly a week between that email and an actual invite but seeing from last years thread there were invites going out until a few days before the actual interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Last wed I got that email and was hoping for an interview invite before dec 14. So for me it took exactly a week between that email and an actual invite but seeing from last years thread there were invites going out until a few days before the actual interview.

Thank you for clarifying. I submitted everything on Sept 9, but have not heard anything back yet. :(

Hey guys, do I fill out the google doc AND reply to the email saying I am going to the interview? I am confused because the email says "Please reply with your response and submit the form by Dec. 2."

Hey guys, do I fill out the google doc AND reply to the email saying I am going to the interview? I am confused because the email says "Please reply with your response and submit the form by Dec. 2."
Not sure haha, but I replied to the email anyway xD

Not sure haha, but I replied to the email anyway xD
I believe you are suppose to do both so I emailed and submitted the google doc. Anyone hear a response for the interview confirmation?

just got an interview invite this morning for dec 14!!!! c ya'll there! :soexcited:
Hi, dont you mind telling me when u summited your application? I summited mine on Nov 1, and they've already sent me 2 emails saying they received both my primary and secondary application.
Overall GPA: 3.31
Science: 2.95
Non science: 3.45
Math: 4.0
Do you guys think if it's possible for me to have an interview? I am deadly nervous. T.T

Hi, dont you mind telling me when u summited your application? I summited mine on Nov 1, and they've already sent me 2 emails saying they received both my primary and secondary application.
Do you guys think if it's possible for me to have an interview? I am deadly nervous. T.T
I submitted mine the first week of September. Just sit tight for now I guess. And they will send u an email when they begin to review your application.

I submitted mine the first week of September. Just sit tight for now I guess. And they will send u an email when they begin to review your application.
Thanks for ur info. I guess I should expect the last interview section instead of this coming December. plz let me know how it is after ur interview.

Don't be nervous Erin. They are still on tier 2.

Reactions: 1 user
when should we expect to see our results for the first interview?? next week? i cant waittt !!!

when should we expect to see our results for the first interview?? next week? i cant waittt !!!
I hope it doesn't come during thanks giving...unless good news. I don't wanna be sad eating turkey

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an e-mail today for an interview on Nov. 9th!
Hi!
I interviewed on Nov. 9th as well. Have you heard back from the school about an acceptance? I am still waiting and it seems to be taking forever for them to get back at me :(:(:(. Has anyone heard back about being accepted or not??

hey guys so i faxed them my prereq sheet on 11/1 and under application summary it says received on 11/8. does this mean i still made the deadline? so far i have received one email saying my supplemental was received and another saying my pharmcas application was received. also under application status it says application materials received.
Sometimes, there is a lag in their system which causes the listed date to appear a little late. As long as your fax was sent before the deadline, you are fine! Also, an admission counselor told me that when you sign in to check the status of documents you turn in, the dates next to them just confirm that they have been received...Not the dates that they were sent in on. I hope this helps!

I am still waiting to hear back as well...This is so nerve racking! Please post if anyone hears backs! At least it will give me piece of mind that news is coming soon...Thanks guys :)

I had my interview with Dr. Emmanuelle Schwartzman and Erica (Yoo?) P3 at 8:15.

Erica talked about her job at the hospital working in outpatient care, and Dr. Schwartzman talked about being in charge of a clinical intern program in ambulatory care. They were both super nice and very informative. :woot: I was just a bit nervous in the beginning, but I hope I was able to prove to them that I genuinely want to be a WesternU student! Crossing my fingers over these next few weeks!! Good luck to everyone!
Any news yet about their decision? I interviewed on Nov 9th and I'm still waiting:(:(. Best of luck!

Did anyone get an email saying that they need to fill out a course in progress paper and snail mail it to the admission office? I sent in it 1.5 weeks ago but I have no idea where to check if it's received :(
I would suggest emailing the admissions office. They typically reply within 1 business day. If they dont' call them! They are always very helpful.

I would suggest emailing the admissions office. They typically reply within 1 business day. If they dont' call them! They are always very helpful.

Lol your lucky. I still have emails from 3months ago unanswered. I've also had a hard time getting through via phone.

hey guys i just received an interview invite today for dec 14th! i'm so nervous! for those of you who have interviewed already, what should I expect on the interview day? Is it 1v1 or group? were there any trick questions they asked you etc.

any info would help! thanks in advance

and for those who are curious or waiting for a response, I submitted my supplemental form around mid september (along w/ additional prereq and repeated course sheet)..and i waited for a LONG while until like just 2 weeks ago i received an email from them confirming that my app is going under review and today i just received the invite. I had to email them to ask about my app because i never got a confirmation that it was going under review after i submitted my supplemental. hope this info helps.

Last edited:
Lol your lucky. I still have emails from 3months ago unanswered. I've also had a hard time getting through via phone.
That's horrible :(. So sorry you've been having a hard time. Here's a trick that I used: I emailed the same question/concern to every single admission councilor (there are about 5-7 total and their info is on the website). That increases the odds that you'll get a reply. Also, I was relentless with my calls. I called every single councilor's extension until someone picked up. Borderline stalking? Maybe lol. But remember, a lot of times, time is of the essence, and you'll need to pressure them to get your answer quickly. So don't be shy about calling/emailing. They are there to help you!

hey guys i just received an interview invite today for dec 14th! i'm so nervous! for those of you who have interviewed already, what should I expect on the interview day? Is it 1v1 or group? were there any trick questions they asked you etc.

any info would help! thanks in advance
I interviewed on Nov. 9th. There were two interviewers: a pharmD professor (he also owns his own pharmacy) and a current P1 student. The questions they asked were behavioral based. For example, one question I was asked was...."Tell us about a time you were under a lot of stress and how you dealt with it." Also, during interview day you will have to write an essay. The topic given could be anything and you just have to write your opinion down on paper. This year, they implemented a critical thinking exam as well. You don't need any pharmacy knowledge or science courses to answer the questions. They are mostly common sense questions....
In addition, you will get to talk to current pharmacy students at WesternU during that day. You'll get to ask them questions about their experiences...I hope this helps! Good luck with your interview :).

I interviewed on Nov. 9th. There were two interviewers: a pharmD professor (he also owns his own pharmacy) and a current P1 student. The questions they asked were behavioral based. For example, one question I was asked was...."Tell us about a time you were under a lot of stress and how you dealt with it." Also, during interview day you will have to write an essay. The topic given could be anything and you just have to write your opinion down on paper. This year, they implemented a critical thinking exam as well. You don't need any pharmacy knowledge or science courses to answer the questions. They are mostly common sense questions....
In addition, you will get to talk to current pharmacy students at WesternU during that day. You'll get to ask them questions about their experiences...I hope this helps! Good luck with your interview :).

ah thank you so much! how long was your interview? like 20 minutes? Also is it a closed or open file interview?

Last edited:
YESSS! I just received an email for my interview on Dec. 14th. This is the first interview I've got so far so I am really excited/nervous LOL.

Are we supposed to get some type of confirmation after we confirm our interview through the google doc and email? Or do we assume we are able to go to the interview?

You'll get a temp pass and confirmation email as date approaches.

Does anyone know if Western accepts Cell Biology instead of Molecular Biology for the prerequisite? Given that they are swamped with applications right now, I can't get a hold of anyone in admissions.

Does anyone know if Western accepts Cell Biology instead of Molecular Biology for the prerequisite? Given that they are swamped with applications right now, I can't get a hold of anyone in admissions.
I think Cell Bio is fine.

I remember I asked them this question earlier in the year and they told me they need both courses to fulfill the biochem prerequisite. Because I took a bio class that covered cell bio portion but I needed another class that covers molecular portion. Either that or just take a biochem class as a whole.

I remember I asked them this question earlier in the year and they told me they need both courses to fulfill the biochem prerequisite. Because I took a bio class that covered cell bio portion but I needed another class that covers molecular portion. Either that or just take a biochem class as a whole.

I took Fundamentals of Cell biology, a quarter of biochemistry and I also took a quarter of Molecular Bio....BUT my problem is that I got a C- in molecular. I don't really want to take another molecular biology course next semester if I don't have to. Any advice??

I took Fundamentals of Cell biology, a quarter of biochemistry and I also took a quarter of Molecular Bio....BUT my problem is that I got a C- in molecular. I don't really want to take another molecular biology course next semester if I don't have to. Any advice??

I think if you took a quarter of biochem already then you should be okay. I think they'll just consider that class for the pre req. have you already submitted your application?

I think if you took a quarter of biochem already then you should be okay. I think they'll just consider that class for the pre req. have you already submitted your application?
yes I've submitted my application, the deadline for western was back on 11/01/13. They've received all of my info, I've just been in the waiting process to hear something back from them. I want to email them with this question, but I don't want to come off too forward, you know what I mean???

I called last week but no one ever pick up the phone, which is totally understandable given the timing of the application process. Ughhhhhhh I'm dreading it if I have to take molecular again :/ lol

PS. Thanks for your response!!! :)

Last edited:
Probably tomorrow or max this week they are gonna send out the Nov 9th interview decisions :sour:

Does anyone know how to get a hold of admissions???? I"ve tried calling..no one ever answers...I've tried emailing admissions counselors but they won't allow any emails from "non" western.edu email addresses =/ ughhhhhhhh what can I do????? HELP PLEASE???!!!!

Does anyone know how to get a hold of admissions???? I"ve tried calling..no one ever answers...I've tried emailing admissions counselors but they won't allow any emails from "non" western.edu email addresses =/ ughhhhhhhh what can I do????? HELP PLEASE???!!!!

I never had this problem, any time I emailed them (gmail) in past I got response,

Probably tomorrow or max this week they are gonna send out the Nov 9th interview decisions :sour:
Do you know how they will let us know about their decision? (Email, phone call, or mail?)

deleted

Last edited:
I never had this problem, any time I emailed them (gmail) in past I got response,

I figured out the problem I had.... Thanks!!!! Their emails end with westernu.edu (I was putting western.edu) -_-

My file was complete October 3rd and I still have not received notice of my application going into review. :( getting really nervous.

oh gosshh... when r they sending out decision emails... :(

Any recommendation for a cheap and decent hotel to stay near campus? My interview day is coming so I am wondering.

Hey guys results coming by end of this week which is Friday or Sunday? Anyhow I hope we get in. If anyone gets a letter ect please let us know.

Omg your screen name LOL. But yes ms Mendoza said this week at latest.

What kind of questions were you guys asked in the interview? I AM SO NERVOUS.....

What kind of questions were you guys asked in the interview? I AM SO NERVOUS.....
Study the basic why pharmacy, tell me about yourself ect. As for questions at western it seems completely random. I was asked to elaborate on a vague quote and what it meant to me and be ready for a situational stuff like what you would do if.... The possibilities are endless.

Got accepted like an hour ago via email.

Good luck to everyone,