Western University Fall 2014 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure what you mean by stats.. but I had a 3.8 GPA as a Psychobio major from UCLA. I also volunteered at two pharmacies with a tech license.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah that's what i meant by stats. thanks!

good luck in wherever you choose to go

Interviewed 2/1, accepted 2/21 at 11 AM by email. I'm so excited, it's my first acceptance! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone from the 2/1 interview who did not hear back on 2/21 (friday) hear anything today?

has anyone from the 2/1 interview who did not hear back on 2/21 (friday) hear anything today?
:( it's been so hard for me to stay patient throughout this time:( why are they taking so long :(

I have a feeling they send it out towards the end of the week and possibly during the week they are working on the apps. But I'm also in the same boat =( I interviewed 2/1 and have not heard back from them yet. The wait is killing me.

Is anyone else super annoyed they added another interview date? Lol no offense to those interviewing in a few weeks! Haha

Is anyone else super annoyed they added another interview date? Lol no offense to those interviewing in a few weeks! Haha

When's the new interview date?

You have one here LOL. I was on hold since my interview in Dec 14.

When's the new interview date?
March 8th, I believe. Again, exact same day with USC. It sucks for those who have the invites from these 2 schools.

:( it's been so hard for me to stay patient throughout this time:( why are they taking so long :(
have you tried calling them to find out when we'll hear back? i really want to but am nervous for some reason lol

have you tried calling them to find out when we'll hear back? i really want to but am nervous for some reason lol
No I don't want to call... I feel that comes off a nuisance to the admissions committee. It also shows that you're impatient.. Which really isn't an attractive trait lol even though I'm a wreck inside and I just want to know what's going on lol :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Western last year, was placed on hold, and ultimately did not get accepted. I was accepted from the Feb 1 interview this year, but will be turning the offer down for USC!

Not to be a downer... but people who don't get acceptances on the same day that others get acceptances are usually placed on "hold." This is just my experience from last year :/

So out of all the interviews how many are actually put on hold? Do they even reject anyone?

I also want to know if there are any put on alternate, or is that for later?

Hey everyone, I'm a first time poster, but a long time lurker. I am also in the same boat as many of you. Unfortunately, I was placed on hold after the Feb 1st interview. Feeling pretty discouraged as of right now ... And annoyed:cool:

Guys, don't lose hope! Pharmacist I worked with that used to be part of the student admission committee said that they admit some on hold applicants after each interview date (and that's what happened to me!)

Guys, don't lose hope! Pharmacist I worked with that used to be part of the student admission committee said that they admit some on hold applicants after each interview date (and that's what happened to me!)
Some doesn't sound like a lot :( and I literally feel like EVERYONE has been put on hold :(

Some doesn't sound like a lot :( and I literally feel like EVERYONE has been put on hold :(
I feel your frustration. Some got accepted, the rest is on hold. I haven't heard anyone got rejected nor on alternate yet.

Second email update that I am still on hold. :|

Anyways, a representative visited my friend's school and talked about the school and it seems like the final decision (accepted/alternate/rejected) will be send out by the end of March.

Anyways, a representative visited my friend's school and talked about the school and it seems like the final decision (accepted/alternate/rejected) will be send out by the end of March.
yep same here...hold again. I remember in the email it says "your status can change from now until April" does that mean April will be the final notification/decision? Or will they still send some last minute decisions afterwards before the school starts in August??

Last edited:
I have my interview on 03/08 as an international student. How did you guys planned your trip in terms of hotel and transportation ? Is there any shuttle service from LAX ? Thanks,

yep same here...hold again. I remember in the email it says "your status can change from now until April" does that mean April will be the final notification/decision? Or will they still send some last minute decisions afterwards before the school starts in August??
I am not really sure how it will work but I think that by the end of March, all of the people on hold will be updated to either accepted, alternate, or rejected because at that time they will have interviewed and evaluated everyone already. From that point on toward August, only people on alternate list will hear again if they can be updated to accepted or rejected.

I believe "alternates" still have chance to be accepted until the school starts. For example, UCSF will not send out acceptance letter until April, which means some students might take UCSF and give up the spots of Western. I don't know about the other schools, but surely don't give up hope. Good luck.

for those who interviewed 3/8 do you know when they get back to you about your status?

for those who interviewed 3/8 do you know when they get back to you about your status?

Ms. Nguyen said 3 weeks last time. I guess they'll send out emails on the first or second week of April

I got another offer, so I might withdraw from western u then a spot will be available.

Just received an acceptance email from 3/8 interview this morning. GL ya'll.

just got a response and I am still on hold, I hope its not weeks before getting a final decision

I also received an acceptance letter today! (...unless this is an April fool's joke.) Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I know your pain...

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group where accepted students are able to network with one another?

me also received an acceptance letter today! (...unless this be an awesome thin'.) Good luck to everyone else still waitin'! me know yer pain...

Anyone know if thar's a Facebook group where accepted students be able to network wit one another?

The message in parentheses was supposed to say "unless this is an april. fool's. joke."... not "unless this be an awesome thin'." What is this madness?! Why are all of the messages translated so that we sound like pirates? :/

Still on hold, Im gonna withdraw my app since I have another offer :)

Reactions: 1 user
I also received an acceptance letter today! (...unless this is an April fool's joke.) Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I know your pain...

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group where accepted students are able to network with one another?

Someone posted this earlier in the thread.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/552171968214067/
Congrats! =) I got accepted 3/19 from Feb. 1st interview. Good luck everyone!

I just received a letter today in the mail confirming that I am finally being placed on the alternate list (The letter was dated on April 3rd). I interviewed back in December and was put on hold since January. The only thing I did differently was email them my unofficial report card after I completed my Fall 2013 semester (I was taking biochemistry at the time).

It says "we do not rank our alternates; we consider each 'alternate' should a seat become available in the class. As an alternate you may be offered a seat in the class between now and August 8, 2014." They also enclosed a Alternate form to sign and mail back to the admissions office if you want to confirm/decline your spot. Hope this info helps for others who are still on hold! Check your home mail box and look out for the letter if you are still waiting for a response.

IF you are offered a spot, do they email or call you for acceptance?

Last edited:
I have officially withdraw my offer. For those who are still on the waiting list, don't be panic! There will be lots of movement this month and the multiple offer holders will have to make a final decision and withdraw all other offers.

I have a great time here, and thanks everyone for everything we have been through together. I wish you guys can hear back good news soon. And we might meet each other in the future in government, hospital, industry, or retail, but for sure, we will be PHARMACIST!

Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
Just wanted to know if there is anyone from the March 8th interview who's in the same boat as I am and hasn't received any notifications whatsoever.

I've been refreshing my email at work every 5 mins...it's killing me! :(
Nevertheless, I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on things. Congrats to those who have been accepted! :D

I think they sent out notifications through mail instead of email. At least I got mine through mail, and it was dated 4/3.

Yeah I also got a snail mail postmarked 04/03. I got moved from hold to alternate.

Is everyone is supposed to get something in the mail by now? I haven't received anything yet. I did get an email saying I'm on hold still on April 1st.

I also got a letter in the mail moving me from hold to alternate. Does anyone know if they will confirm that they received our form to be an alternate?

I also got a letter in the mail moving me from hold to alternate. Does anyone know if they will confirm that they received our form to be an alternate?

I'm an alternate as well, I am moping the same thought.

Is everyone is supposed to get something in the mail by now? I haven't received anything yet. I did get an email saying I'm on hold still on April 1st.
I haven't received a snail mail or email with indications of my status (no on hold, alternate, rejection, acceptance)

Thanks everyone! Perhaps I just need to be more patient...

i got an email on april 1st saying im on hold, april fools? because i got a mail postmarked april 3rd saying im on the alternate list... but yeahhh