WesternU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you know how many people they accepted from the interviews your year?
IMG_2097.png

This is from Western’s site

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So it sounds like they send out rejections and acceptances at different times, and not all decisions at once

Last year I was waitlisted March 16th and interviewed in January. Perhaps they announce decisions based on when people interviewed?

is it diffciult to be OOS and get off of the waitlist at Wastern?

since its a private school OOS and IS don’t differ, everyone is on the same waitlist! not sure how much the waitlist moves- I know in the past there’s been some issues with western overextending offers of admission

Hopefully, we hear back soon. I told myself that we'll hear back on the 4th to keep my brain busy, but I saw last year, that someone could hear back as late as July. Better late than never...Fingers crossed everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a status update. It came after I sent an email asking for one because I had heard nothing at all from them since September.

Last year I was waitlisted March 16th and interviewed in January. Perhaps they announce decisions based on when people interviewed?
Hi! Just saw some confusion on this thread about when they release decisions and even though I don't go to WesternU, I've previously applied there, and essentially they release decisions for everyone who has interviewed all at once in March, so it doesn't matter when you interviewed. Denials go out in waves (i.e. when they have filled up their interview list).

Hi! Just saw some confusion on this thread about when they release decisions and even though I don't go to WesternU, I've previously applied there, and essentially they release decisions for everyone who has interviewed all at once in March, so it doesn't matter when you interviewed. Denials go out in waves (i.e. when they have filled up their interview list).
do they typically release decisions in the beginning of march?

I called admissions this morning and they said decisions should be coming out within the next week!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an email of acceptance!! OOS international!!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS alternative!! I was rejected last year and honestly did not know they had an alternative list- so I am curious to know how this has worked in the past and if many get in off of it per year? This was my last school to hear from and now I am on two alternative lists!

IS alternate! This is my second year as an alternate :/

OOS accepted! Declining my seat for NCSU. Hoping someone gets good news!!!

Reactions: 1 users
IS Acceptance! I guess 3rd time really is the charm :cryi:

Reactions: 4 users
OOS rejection! Already chose SGU anyway lol but congrats to those who got in!

OOS acceptance, but i will be declining my seat due to getting accepted at my IS. Best of luck everyone

IS alternate. Sad :cryi: but glad theres still a chance! Congrats to those accepted!

IS alternate 😭 third and last time applying so… we’ll see what happens

OOS Alternate. Will decline as I got into my ISS. Hopefully that will give someone else a chance!

IS rejection. Interviewed this cycle and last.
Can those that received acceptances share their stats/experiences. 🙏🏽
Debating on reapplying once last time before I decide to pursue other career options.

IS acceptance! will be declining my seat but congratulations to everyone! :)

Anybody have an idea of how many people historically get off the waitlist each year? And/or an idea of how many people are even on the waitlist?