WSU Supplemental App - Discussing Mental Health in the Essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueCats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am editing my WSU Supp App short answer and I am struggling with the COVID question. In my other apps I chose not to answer the question of how COVID may have impacted your application. I was hospitalized for psych issues in spring/summer of 2020 and after improving I decided to take the step to apply. My psych issues were directly worse because of COVID, I have OCD. In my other apps I chose not to say anything because I do not think this would win me any accolades, and it's all very personal. The WSU app is the only one that does not list the COVID question as optional. I don't know how to answer this question without honeslty mentioning this. Any thoughts?

Anyone interested in proof reading for me? Thanks yall.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not an admissions person by any means, but maybe just say that you had a medical condition that got worse during the challenges of covid but you got treatment and got through it/and/or you got better,etc. My guess is they just want to see how applicants are adjusting to the challenges that covid has brought. Good luck!!

Are you sure we have to answer all the questions on the supplemental application for Wisconsin? I know it doesn't specifically say optional, but I was just going to leave the COVID question blank and submit it. I looked at the UW Madison c/o 2025 thread and no one ever mentioned whether we could skip a question or not. I'm going to plan on skipping it unless I'm told otherwise.

What are the dilemmas/issues that the health industry/medical complex/executives system's are dealing with? The fundamental conundrum that executives are facing is how to contribute a portion of costs on behalf of their employees while still remaining profitable. Medical companies are being forced to accept reduced profit margins while still providing quality service medical assignment help to patients as a result of the cost containment measures that have been established.