WVSOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Recieved my interview invite today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance letter a few weeks back and on it says:

"The enclosed notifications concerning a criminal background check and Health and Technical standards form must be read, signed and returned by your first deposit deadline."

I only received one piece of paper in my envelop. Am I missing some paperwork?!

"The enclosed notifications concerning a criminal background check and Health and Technical standards form must be read, signed and returned by your first deposit deadline."

I'm not sure, but I would definitely call admissions and ask. Better safe than sorry! :)

YES - you are missing those two forms that you mentioned. Just call the admissions office and they will email the forms to you. The same thing happened to me and they were very quick to respond to my call.

Hi everyone,

I'll again extend my offer for providing any kind of information you would like about the admissions process or what life is really like at WVSOM. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] .

I'm a first year student and would love to answer any questions!

Last edited:
YES - you are missing those two forms that you mentioned. Just call the admissions office and they will email the forms to you. The same thing happened to me and they were very quick to respond to my call.

Do you still have the forms? I tried to contact the school today but they are closed till the 4th of January. My deposit is due the 6th!

Do you still have the forms? I tried to contact the school today but they are closed till the 4th of January. My deposit is due the 6th!

I would put your deposit in the mail now with a note explaining you did not get the forms. Follow up with a phone call on the 4th, you should be fine.

If the accepted group doesn't mind, what are your stats? Just wondering what kind of chance I have at this school. Thanks!! :)
Cum GPA 3.4, Sci GPA 3.2 (post bacc Sci GPA 3.7), MCAT 27, non-traditional student, lots of clinical and volunteer experience. hope that helps! WVSOM is an excellent school in a beautiful setting. I will most likely attend. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to buy my plane ticket/hotel for the interview. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm under 25 so probably will not have a car, and it seems that the one cab company seems a little complicated. I've heard that it's possible to walk from the General Lewis Inn? But they don't have a shuttle to the airport. Is there any hotel in Lewisburg that does have an airpot shuttle?

I'm trying to buy my plane ticket/hotel for the interview. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm under 25 so probably will not have a car, and it seems that the one cab company seems a little complicated. I've heard that it's possible to walk from the General Lewis Inn? But they don't have a shuttle to the airport. Is there any hotel in Lewisburg that does have an airpot shuttle?

I stayed at the Quality Inn and they have a shuttle. You can walk from there to the school in about ten to fifteen minutes so it works out really well.

I had breakfast at the General Lewis Inn the morning after my interview. The hotel is really neat especially if you like historic sites. It's only a few blocks from campus so that's probably your best bet if you're walking. You can also walk to all of the shops and restaurants from there since it's right in town. The other hotels are a bit further down the road but still doable if you don't mind a bit of a hike in the cold. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, but I don't think they had a shuttle. They did have free wifi and lots of other amenities though. Good luck!

Last edited:
I recently got accepted and paid my first deposit!! Does anyone know if a facebook group has been started for wvsom class of 2016?

I've been looking for a facebook group but I don't think it's been started yet

hey everyone, I just recieved an interview invite for Feb. 6th. This school has always been my number one choice. Im so nervous because i want this so much. Any tips? Wish me luck! :xf:

Congratulations! I have no tips, because the interview process is new to me too. But if you don't mind sharing, when did they receive your primary application, and what are your stats like? I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Best of luck :)

Congratulations! I have no tips, because the interview process is new to me too. But if you don't mind sharing, when did they receive your primary application, and what are your stats like? I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Best of luck :)

I hear ya.... I am above their average entering stats and all I hear are crickets........

Well, it looks as though I'm not the only one in the same boat. I have been waiting for quite a while. I will say that my status read "Decision Deferred". I have emailed and they say that they continuously review applications. In other words, "we keep reviewing your file for a good laugh". :laugh:

I interviewed here last year, but im always looking for good advice :) And obviously i didn't blow them away with last years interview. My stats are not amazing: in state, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 24Q. I have strong ties to my community, and a good amount of extracurricular activities. I am just excited to get another chance here. To be honest, i am very worried about how late in the season it is. Oh well, Im going to give it my absolute best shot, and pray for the best outcome. Hope this helps.

oh, I almost forgot to answer your other question... sorry. I recieved the email confirming reciept of my application on 11/16. The admissions staff is amazing, they have been very up front about where my application stood, you might try contacting them if your worried.Good luck

Thanks for sharing. Don't worry about last time; it's a new year, go get 'em! I am hoping to hear back soon, as my application was received a week before yours. Even though I don't want the seats to fill up, I'm rooting for you!

I will be canceling my interview for Jan 23rd tomorrow. Call to move up a later interview date. Good Luck!

I recently got accepted and paid my first deposit!! Does anyone know if a facebook group has been started for wvsom class of 2016?

congratulations! someone created a group its called WVSOM 2016 aka... Celebrity Status Class.

WVSOM c/o 2016!

Last edited:
interview on 2/5... can't decide whether or not to fly there. 10-hour drive for me...

Hey, ya all, could use some help here. So I'm on hold, and am writing a letter of intent, but I'm having a hard time finding what makes it unique or different from the other schools- I've looked at everything, but to no avail, so could any of you please give me any suggestions, so I can join the ranks with ya all?

Thanks for sharing. Don't worry about last time; it's a new year, go get 'em! I am hoping to hear back soon, as my application was received a week before yours. Even though I don't want the seats to fill up, I'm rooting for you!

Thanks, I hope you get in as well! Im sure you will hear back soon, have you spoken with anyone in admissions? They are really friendly, you might send an email. Good luck!:xf:

Hey, ya all, could use some help here. So I'm on hold, and am writing a letter of intent, but I'm having a hard time finding what makes it unique or different from the other schools- I've looked at everything, but to no avail, so could any of you please give me any suggestions, so I can join the ranks with ya all?

Really? Well,you have a lot of info to pick from. If i were you i would watch the online tour, it gives you a great feel for what the campus has to offer. The lab is amazing! The staff is wonderful. The teachers are hired because they are great instructors, not because they are great at research. The town is beautiful, and full of interesting activities. They have been ranked by US news for the last 13 years in Rural and Family Medicine. They are the number one producer of primary care physicians in the US, and their curriculum gives you very early patient interaction. They are genuinely concerned with creating compassionate and caring doctors.... I could go on, but those are some great places to start. Check out their website. Good luck with your application.

Really? Well,you have a lot of info to pick from. If i were you i would watch the online tour, it gives you a great feel for what the campus has to offer. The lab is amazing! The staff is wonderful. The teachers are hired because they are great instructors, not because they are great at research. The town is beautiful, and full of interesting activities. They have been ranked by US news for the last 13 years in Rural and Family Medicine. They are the number one producer of primary care physicians in the US, and their curriculum gives you very early patient interaction. They are genuinely concerned with creating compassionate and caring doctors.... I could go on, but those are some great places to start. Check out their website. Good luck with your application.

Ha thanks- but I'm looking for something specific- such as what approach do they have for clinical rotations (Preceptor or Teaching), because I'm having a hard time finding info on this- I did my homework on the WVSOM website, but didn't have much on this. Sorry, I'm just looking for specifics- thanks though!

Hi guys, would you mind to share your experience if you interviewed at WVSOM? For example, what kind of questions did they ask you? I have mine coming up in January! Thanks!

does anyone have any knowledge of being able to access the Post graduate placement for previous WVSOM classes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

does anyone have any knowledge of being able to access the Post graduate placement for previous WVSOM classes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here you go

Attachments

• wvsom 2011 match list.xlsx
    25.1 KB · Views: 216
I decided to withdraw my acceptance. I hope one of you can get it! Good luck!

I'm interviewing tomorrow (01/18) starting at 1015am. Staying at Super Motel 8. Not bad for $64 (student discount n that's the 12% tax included). Drove from DE...7 hr drive...375 miles. Hated the drive, but I'm currently enjoying the town. Good places to eat in town and also there are quick n cheap franchises as well close to WVSOM (papa johns, mcDs, hardees, arbys, tacos bell, and ofc Walmart). I drove ard campus to look for parking at 5pm but it started raining heavily and there was alotta congestion at that time...might be cuz every1 was leaving campus. Otherwise, just prepping for the interview. Hopefully tmrw is a nice day...I'm trying take pics of the campus...couldn't really find campus photos online....

I'm interviewing tomorrow (01/18) starting at 1015am. Staying at Super Motel 8. Not bad for $64 (student discount n that's the 12% tax included). Drove from DE...7 hr drive...375 miles. Hated the drive, but I'm currently enjoying the town. Good places to eat in town and also there are quick n cheap franchises as well close to WVSOM (papa johns, mcDs, hardees, arbys, tacos bell, and ofc Walmart). I drove ard campus to look for parking at 5pm but it started raining heavily and there was alotta congestion at that time...might be cuz every1 was leaving campus. Otherwise, just prepping for the interview. Hopefully tmrw is a nice day...I'm trying take pics of the campus...couldn't really find campus photos online....
DarthVader you can take the virtual campus tour of WVSOM. It can be viewed from WVSOM site but here is the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD08pV68KAY&feature=player_embedded

congratulations! there is a facebook group available its called WVSOM 2016 aka... Celebrity Status Class.

WVSOM c/o 2016!

The name of the facebook group is weird lol. I feel like a normal name like WVSOM 2016 will be more professional.

booked my flights and hotel room for Feb. 3rd! haha we shall see how it goes!

Well...Taco Bell is coming sometime this spring. ;)

Hope your interview went well!

sorry if someone has asked already, but does anyone know where we can find any recent match-list lists?

DarthVader you can take the virtual campus tour of WVSOM. It can be viewed from WVSOM site but here is the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD08pV68KAY&feature=player_embedded

Oh damnnnn thanks! Haha

Well...Taco Bell is coming sometime this spring. ;)

Hope your interview went well!

haha yes! I was looking for TB the day before my interview and couldn't find it. Then as I was leaving after my interview I saw the "coming 2012 spring" hah!

Interview went great. I will know by Tuesday. Less than a week turn around!