You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tulane?
Started by OhioHeel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have any of ya'll gotten a response to your letter saying you weren't going to be attending, I emailed them monday and fedex'd a letter but have heard nothing back...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somebody call already! I am at school so I can't.
Just relax malspnge, I know how you feel, just don't freak out like Jessie Spano...
"No Time! There's never any time! I don't have time to study, I'll never get into [Tulane], I'll let everyone down, I'm so confused..."
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XnJ0fmo5Q[/YOUTUBE]
Nope, no news. But here is another video. An example of what not to do if you don't get off the waitlist, lol. Someone should call them! I am at schooooooooool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5-nmraheA
I don't know how to embed them...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5-nmraheA
I don't know how to embed them...
Dr. Beckman said that they would start pulling off ppl from the waitlist this week. But that is all she told me... Good luck to everyone waiting!!!!
Dr. Beckman said that they would start pulling off ppl from the waitlist this week. But that is all she told me... Good luck to everyone waiting!!!!
Finally, some news!

Good vid Malsponge, we can now continue to work ourselves into a frenzy of speculation and compulsive email checking.
Will they call or e-mail you think?
Not sure. Most likely call now that I think about it though. If you get a call from the 504 area code, don't miss it!
Dr. Beckman just emailed me back and said this week she will know exactly how many slots.
I think they would call us. I'll be sitting next to the phone this week.
Good luck to all of us!
call us for what ? to offer an acceptence? or tell us about waitlist?😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread is finally getting exciting. I feel the tension mounting as we all prepare to see who may get the lucky call this week. Hopefully all of us!
On another note, any other waitlistees find themselves cheering hard for the Hornets tonight? Maybe its my subtle way of rooting for waitlist movement from Tulane, who knows. Go Hornets, let's see a comeback!
On another note, any other waitlistees find themselves cheering hard for the Hornets tonight? Maybe its my subtle way of rooting for waitlist movement from Tulane, who knows. Go Hornets, let's see a comeback!
OMG! I just got the call also!!! This is my first acceptance, too. I'm literally jumping around!
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Congrats all. looking forward to starting in the fall!
Congrats you guys! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Would you mind posting your stats on this board? It would be very helpful to know for us still waiting.
Congrats you guys! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Would you mind posting your stats on this board? It would be very helpful to know for us still waiting.
Not at all. My stat is 3.56 gpa and 34 on mcat (13p, 9v, 12b).
I'm a reapplicant, and I know how harsh it is to be in the waitlist.
Stay strong and good luck!

Wow, I can't believe it's moving. It's given me this nervous/excited/sick feeling....ahhhh. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten the news today...bravo!!!
OMG! Just Accepted! Can't stop crying!! Must proceed to barbecue MCAT books! - CAJUN STYLE!
congrats to everyone. i'm still waiting on tulane too
In as well.... This is unreal.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
guys, I am accepted
this is like a dream...


to everyone waiting!!!
this is like a dream...


to everyone waiting!!!wow I'm impressed. all recent acceptees make sure you check out the facebook group. I think there is a link in the class thread in the allo forum.
Try emailing Dr. Beckman, she responded really quickly to my emails last week...
Hah, yeah. Pretty harsh seeing so many people get in and not getting any calls yourself. Hopefully they didn't fill up the class today.
Absolutely brutal.
Congratulations to everyone accepted! See you in August.
... Any of you need a roommate?
... Any of you need a roommate?
realized my post earlier could be misleading... my nervous/excited/sick feeling was because the list was moving. i havent been accepted though. just hoping, like many of you are, that the class isn't filled before i get a magical phone call.
I'm nervous, sick, and excited too penny. Sucks to be on the outside looking in. I was really hoping to get a call today, but a lot of truly deserving people got pulled off. A lot with zero acceptances, like you and me. It really has been a long road for all of us. I'm going to have some sesame chicken salad for dinner tonight malsponge and try to kick this Tulane frenzy hangover that I'm suffering from (although I'd much rather be celebrating tonight and suffering the hangover tomorrow).
Tomorrow is another day though. Maybe Dr. Beckman only called half the list today?? Stranger things have happened. We'll soon find out....
~Stay up~
Tomorrow is another day though. Maybe Dr. Beckman only called half the list today?? Stranger things have happened. We'll soon find out....
~Stay up~
hey everybody I felt your pain last year on the acceptable range except I didn't even have hope cause the list didn't move at all. keep in contact with dr. beckman and I hope it works out for you all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I talked to Dr. Beckman yesterday, and she said she plans on finalzing the class size this week. That being said there will probobly be at least 1 spot opening up in a couple days because she just gave me permission to defer for a year if I want.
I talked to Dr. Beckman yesterday, and she said she plans on finalzing the class size this week. That being said there will probobly be at least 1 spot opening up in a couple days because she just gave me permission to defer for a year if I want.
I'm not sure I understand this -- couldn't they have more applicants withdraw over the coming months?
Or does this just mean that the big "wave" of acceptances will end this week?
OK! So lets get into med school tomorrow then, agreed?
Yes, sounds good to me! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 175
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 382
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K