University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't 100% trust everything on PharmCas, because everything on PharmCas is just an estimation from last year admission. I remember last year, I saw that PharmCas had no accreditation status for UNE, while they already got their Candidates status. Nowadays, Pharm schools with no accreditation yet, don't deny people until the very end when all spots is filled. They use an waitlist or alternative t make sure when many people drop out at before school starts, they would have enough for their class. Many people see non-accreditation schools as their back plan, so when they are accepted for their first or other choice schools, for sure they will drop out. That's when the waitlist comes in handy.
People on waitlist have to hang tight till the last interview cycle is conducted and all deposits is sent. That will be the time for your anxiety level to shoot up, not right now.
Two of the girls from the 3rd interview cycle were accepted. So yeah for upcoming students, if you do great on the interview, you're still accepted. :xf::luck: And yeah they DO read your personal statement before interviewing you. Make sure you can keep your lies straight lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Chyea I got accepted and i interviewed in Feb. I actually like the school and i might be attending. I guess if u are from cali, u have a good chance of getting in. I was just whatever on the interview and my writing was whatever as well and got in. Sorry NY buddy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck this Friday!!!:luck: 4th cycle people!!
@Hombe: I think it's because we are interested in the school enough to fly across the country for the interview. I like the fact that they take it into account.

Last edited:
Anyone here interviewing on the 25th of March? I'm flying out from Cali, just like a few other previous people who've already interviewed.

Anyone here interviewing on the 25th of March? I'm flying out from Cali, just like a few other previous people who've already interviewed.

Goodluck SangSanh and future interviewing candidates!!
:) is your first name Sanh? crazy cuz thats my dads name. :luck:

West Coast ppl doin the East Coast thang! Cali's bringin' sexy over haha
- I'm so surprised on how many CA candidates there are... not just west coast but specifically CA

Last edited:
Two of the girls from the 3rd interview cycle were accepted. So yeah for upcoming students, if you do great on the interview, you're still accepted. :xf::luck: And yeah they DO read your personal statement before interviewing you. Make sure you can keep your lies straight lol.

omgosh please no liars. :thumbdown: no bueno!

They have your entire PharmCAS application on front of them in addition to an interviewing rubric to score and take notes. For my interview, they took notes that I am currently taking classes (not offered at my alma mater university).

Chyea I got accepted and i interviewed in Feb. I actually like the school and i might be attending. I guess if u are from cali, u have a good chance of getting in. I was just whatever on the interview and my writing was whatever as well and got in. Sorry NY buddy.
My interview was well my writing was okay. I finished all my pre req too. I was so shocked by my letter; it's okay, it's not like I dont have a chance.

i will be interviewing on march 25th as well. I will be driving from new jersey to maine. i have spring break that week yay good luck to you and see you there:xf:

i will be interviewing on march 25th as well. I will be driving from new jersey to maine. i have spring break that week yay good luck to you and see you there:xf:

You got into your top choice...congrats! Just curious...why go to the UNE interview ?

You got into your top choice...congrats! Just curious...why go to the UNE interview ?

because UNE is strong in research, i want to be an oncology pharmacist and i also want to be in drug design related field. also UNE offers a lot of scholarships i heard, unlike other schools. besides i have spring break that week, good road trip to maine. i mean what else do i have to do during spring break? so i got to nothing to lose by going to this interview.

omgosh please no liars. :thumbdown: no bueno!

They have your entire PharmCAS application on front of them in addition to an interviewing rubric to score and take notes. For my interview, they took notes that I am currently taking classes (not offered at my alma mater university).

oh man I planned on tellin nothin but lies! SHOOT! KIDDING! Maybe I'll just drop some $$ in the file instead haha. I better get in if I'm flying from Portland to Portland. I better go read through my PharmCAS again... must have been something they liked besides my horrendous grades haha.

can anyone who interviewed at UNE before provide some feedback in terms of the interview and writing sample. What kind of questions do they ask during the interview and what kind of topic do they ask to write on the writing sample? thanks a bunch. i'm coming to the march 25th interview because of spring break week yay. i originally had march 4th interview, i had to postpone to 25th due to schedule conflict but good luck to everyone interviewing today and congrats everyone who has accepted already, thank you everyone in advance for any advice or feedback:love::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops. Posted in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm a sophomore at UNE and I applied to the pharmacy college on January 31st (I know, a bit late, but luckily still before the deadline). However, I'm getting anxious because I still have yet to hear whether or not I'm going to get an interview. Does it usually take this long to hear back? And if I'm not getting an interview do you think they will let me know? Also, do they send e-mails or do they mail a letter when they notify you?

Haha sorry for all the questions, I'm just sick of waiting. :oops:

can anyone who interviewed at UNE before provide some feedback in terms of the interview and writing sample. What kind of questions do they ask during the interview and what kind of topic do they ask to write on the writing sample? thanks a bunch. i'm coming to the march 25th interview because of spring break week yay. i originally had march 4th interview, i had to postpone to 25th due to schedule conflict but good luck to everyone interviewing today and congrats everyone who has accepted already, thank you everyone in advance for any advice or feedback:love::xf:

Hey. I just interviewed with them today!! They are great over there and faculty really cares. They will actually tell you what they will ask you before the interviews occur. I'm serious. Like the Ass. Dean will speak before interviews start and he tells you what they will ask. First question is why do you wanna be a pharmacist. Second may be, Why UNE. Third will be probably from your Pharmcas essay which may vary. They also will ask what are your plans afterward. It's real chill although the guys who interviewed me happen to both be Dr.s!! Yikes....very intimidating people. But for the most part, the rest of the interview was like a conversation that just stemmed from my own answers. No drilling. You will do fine!!

Hope this helps!

Hey guys,

I'm a sophomore at UNE and I applied to the pharmacy college on January 31st (I know, a bit late, but luckily still before the deadline). However, I'm getting anxious because I still have yet to hear whether or not I'm going to get an interview. Does it usually take this long to hear back? And if I'm not getting an interview do you think they will let me know? Also, do they send e-mails or do they mail a letter when they notify you?

Haha sorry for all the questions, I'm just sick of waiting. :oops:

I applied around the same time. I applied through PharmCAS on 1/23, my app was sent out on 1/31, and I had an invitation to interview email on 2/15. They sent me both an email and then a formal invitation letter a few days later in the regular mail. If you want to see your status maybe just shoot them an email or give them a call.

Did anyone got acceptanced from 2/18/11 interview session?

Wow a lot has been happening on here lately since i've last checked! It's great to see so many people interested in UNE. Don't worry about the interview. Remember, the "Why Pharmacy" should be natural. It should flow out of your mouth with drive and enthusiasm. The "Why UNE" part is a little tougher. It wasn't too hard for me because since i first stepped off the plane in Portland, Maine from Portland, Oregon, I already made connections with the exec dir of campus COMPACT at the undergrad campus who i was sitting next to and also talked with the US Ambassador to The Gambia (In West Africa) who was also on my plane. If you read an earlier post about me, this whole thing seems like a sign :). My view of pharmacy is different than what pharmacy is mostly seen as. I plan on pioneering a international dynamic multi-dimensional pharmacy field. I was able to work and manage rural pharmacies in Honduras and was able to go around Rwanda with Partners in Health and speak with UNAIDS. I focus on the public and global health portion of Pharmacy.

Here's a little more for those who are worried about interviews: My interview was by the professor (the non pharmd) who teaches the business side and the biochem professor. They were AWESOME! They definitely did their research (aka read my pharmcas essay) and the first thing they said was that they were super interested in my view of pharmacy with my international travel and work. So much has happened since i wrote my pharmcas letter so being able to tell them all the cool things i've been doing since then pretty much made us go over time on our interview lol. It came naturally for me which made the interview session relaxed and enjoyable. It isn't really an "interview" but more of a conversion. It was full of laughing, joking and me being over excited about everything (The massive amounts of coffee that morning might have something to do with it too). Don't sweat the interview if you know you can naturally speak from the heart about "Why Pharmacy" and it correlates off the pharmcas letter (since that is what they read). Remember, the "interview" isn't just about them trying to figure out if you are right for their school, it is also about you making sure their school is right for you.

Furthermore: Talk to people!!!!! These are your future professors and students! The people i interviewed with were really great and i can see myself being classmates and friends with them. The professors are invested in their students and want you to succeed. They are not focused on other priorities; therefore, you get the highest quality education from unique professors who are willing to work with you to make your ambitions and aspirations come true. During my interview they were telling me that they (especially the pharmacy business professor) are more than willing to help me with my opportunities in Rwanda to work with Partners in Health and to create a successful pharmaceutical supply chain within the country and to advocate for certain drugs and generics within Rwanda and the African continent. Most of my other interviews was just me sitting there going all out about my ambitions and the interviewers just sitting there and nodding. UNE's interviewers are so involved in the interviewees. They really make sure you come out of the interview with a better understanding of the university and who they are as an institution and as individuals within it. Since they are still fairly new, they are maleable and are willing to be the forefront in pioneering new ideas. If you have ambitions to do something no one has done before, I know for a fact you'll have the full and awesome support of UNE faculty and staff.

Overall, UNE is one of my top choices. When it comes down to my top 2 choices, UNE is one of them and making the decision is going to be more than difficult. Also, as i said before, don't hesitate to email Isaac about your application or interview. I received my acceptance within 1 week and 2 days. This will vary depending on when their committee meetings and final decisions are.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Here's a little more for those who are worried about interviews: My interview was by the professor (the non pharmd) who teaches the business side and the biochem professor. They were AWESOME! They definitely did their research (aka read my pharmcas essay)

I think the business teacher was my interviewer too. lol. He was very nice. I was also interviewed by a pharmacist who would teach upcoming year. Her face was so blank, I couldn't draw out any emotions from her at all. Mit. I just came back from Regis school and apparently they will try to set up rotation sites in Mexico and Ethiopia, one in Virgina and somewhere else I didn't remember. Nice huh? So which of the 3 schools are you leaning towards?

Last edited:
Hey. I just interviewed with them today!! They are great over there and faculty really cares. They will actually tell you what they will ask you before the interviews occur. I'm serious. Like the Ass. Dean will speak before interviews start and he tells you what they will ask. First question is why do you wanna be a pharmacist. Second may be, Why UNE. Third will be probably from your Pharmcas essay which may vary. They also will ask what are your plans afterward. It's real chill although the guys who interviewed me happen to both be Dr.s!! Yikes....very intimidating people. But for the most part, the rest of the interview was like a conversation that just stemmed from my own answers. No drilling. You will do fine!!

Hope this helps!

wow thank you so much i really appreciated it. i hope you'll get the good news soon

Wow a lot has been happening on here lately since i've last checked! It's great to see so many people interested in UNE. Don't worry about the interview. Remember, the "Why Pharmacy" should be natural. It should flow out of your mouth with drive and enthusiasm. The "Why UNE" part is a little tougher. It wasn't too hard for me because since i first stepped off the plane in Portland, Maine from Portland, Oregon, I already made connections with the exec dir of campus COMPACT at the undergrad campus who i was sitting next to and also talked with the US Ambassador to The Gambia (In West Africa) who was also on my plane. If you read an earlier post about me, this whole thing seems like a sign :). My view of pharmacy is different than what pharmacy is mostly seen as. I plan on pioneering a international dynamic multi-dimensional pharmacy field.

Freakin. Well. Said. :)
I love your passion and drive. :thumbup:

I think the business teacher was my interviewer too. lol. He was very nice. I was also interviewed by a pharmacist who would teach upcoming year. Her face was so blank, I couldn't draw out any emotions from her at all. Mit. I just came back from Regis school and apparently they will try to set up rotation sites in Mexico and Ethiopia, one in Virgina and somewhere else I didn't remember. Nice huh? So which of the 3 schools are you leaning towards?

I had Dr. Redwanski and Dr. Allen :)
Dr. Redwanski is the director of drug information and Dr. Allen specializes in Infectious Diseases

Everyone had interviewers that were bubbly and animated. I was actually sacred when I finished my interview because Dr. Redwanski was very stoic. I was told by the current P1s that he's actually just like that haha. My tour guide had him when she interviewed and was scared of him too. We met Dr. Redwanski again on the tour and she told him that. He said, "well... you got in! *grin*"

Random:
oh wow I got a 2+ SDN member badge! sweet

I feel like I have to ask the standard post interview default question... How many people were at the March 4 interview session? haha

I feel like I have to ask the standard post interview default question... How many people were at the March 4 interview session? haha

After attending the interview yesterday and speaking with Isaac, he said there were around 40 applicants. We were split into 5 groups (red, green, yellow, orange and blue) of about 7-8 people. I think there were only about 6-7 applicants, myself included, from CA though.

After attending the interview yesterday and speaking with Isaac, he said there were around 40 applicants. We were split into 5 groups (red, green, yellow, orange and blue) of about 7-8 people. I think there were only about 6-7 applicants, myself included, from CA though.

Haha, people from CA sure like to fly across the nation!! How was the interview? Good? 5 groups? Mine was only Red, blue and green, but mine only had 25 out of 30 people attending.
Good luck to everybody.
Join us facebook at UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015!!!!
Or request adding us @ UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015 Group.

Last edited:

The last three sessions must be pretty small then if December had 25, January had 50, February had 27, and then March 4 had 40. That only leaves 60 left to get to 200.

Did anyone from March 4th interview hear back from them yet?

Nope, haven't heard anything yet. But they said during the interview Q and A that we would need to give them some extra time since it will be spring break the following week. They said to allow at least two weeks. This is the only reason I'm yet to take Adderall XR 20mg! However, after the two week mark is when I will begin my Adderall regimen!!! LOLOLOLOL

Things are getting creepily quiet on here :scared:

That's cuz SouCal and I are addicted to a game on Facebook :laugh:

Well, by now all the info is out and everyone's just waiting :ninja:

That's cuz SouCal and I are addicted to a game on Facebook :laugh:

Well, by now all the info is out and everyone's just waiting :ninja:

Good thing my interview is after their spring break so hopefully they will tell me I am accepted in a jiffy (power of positive thinking or I just totally jinxed myself haha)

I just talked to a P2 at UNE. They are still enjoying their spring break until next Monday, so if you are still waiting, hang tight.
There is a student in his class who is a president of some kind of student group and very active. SHE GETS 14,500 scholarship per year!!!! OMG. If you are not active and lucky, you might just get a small portion per year.
Rotation sites out of the country: so far they have Thailand and Ghana. But those are for APPE, so you won't be able to do it till your 4th year and travel expensive is on you. However, if you want to do it, you have to do 2 blocks, so at least 3 months.
Maine is called vacation land, so if you are big on nature like me, You will love it~!~

Last edited:
I just received my conditional acceptance e-mail from Isaac! :D

I interviewed on March 4th. Go check your e-mails everyone!

Congrats Danny and Bacteriophage83. Usually the first deposit is due in 2-3 weeks, then the second one will be due in Late May. They will have the specific dates when you receive the formal letter through the mail. Plus they will ask you to sign for the accreditation agreement. Join us on facebook so we know who you are.
UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015 Group/ page.

Last edited:
CONGRATS DANNY! :thumbup:

Thank you Jeannie. It looks like we might be classmates, unless you are going to Chicago? :D

So did I!! So happy!! When do we have to turn in the deposit?

Congrats Bacteriophage83! Which one were you? As if I would really remember, but it doesn't hurt to ask and try to remember.

We have to submit the $1000 deposit by March 29th according to the e-mail attachment Isaac sent. Are you attending UNE for sure?

Thank you Jeannie. It looks like we might be classmates, unless you are going to Chicago? :D

I'm going to Midwestern's interview but I'm pretty sure I'll be waitlisted. May interviews is pretty darn late in the application process, isn't it?? I'm not counting on an acceptance from them much.

*Shoutout: CONGRATS ERICA! <3

Last edited:
I'm going to Midwestern's interview but I'm pretty sure I'll be waitlisted. May interviews is pretty darn late in the application process, isn't it?? I'm not counting on an acceptance from them much.

J my friend said MWU is a bit desperate according to him, so you never know. Your friend got accepted too? NICE.

Last edited:
Hey, I was in the yellow group. At the last table. And also one of the few black girls there with long hair, kinda tall LOLOLOL. You may have been sitting at my table for all I know. Which one were you?

I may be attending but I'm still waiting on University of Texas to see if I got in...supposedly we wont know until next week Friday. I also have my last interview at Appalachian COP which is a 3 year so I wanna weigh all my options first. The 1000 dollars may have to be lost if I don't decide but I will definitely not wanna loose my spot if I dont get in anywhere else..So confused but happy simultaneously!!

Congrats to all the March 4thers! I'm glad to see that they're still accepting and not just wait-listing people. Calms the nerves for next week a tinge.

Hey, I was in the yellow group. At the last table. And also one of the few black girls there with long hair, kinda tall LOLOLOL. You may have been sitting at my table for all I know. Which one were you?

I may be attending but I'm still waiting on University of Texas to see if I got in...supposedly we wont know until next week Friday. I also have my last interview at Appalachian COP which is a 3 year so I wanna weigh all my options first. The 1000 dollars may have to be lost if I don't decide but I will definitely not wanna loose my spot if I dont get in anywhere else..So confused but happy simultaneously!!

Wow! What are the chances? I was in the yellow group also. I totally remember you. I was the Asian guy with the red/silver tie and kinda poofy hair. :laugh: I was the one that told you about going to DiMillo's for lobster while we were waiting for our interviews. Did you end up going to DiMillo's?

Congrats on your acceptance to UNE! I hope you hear good news from UT and good luck on your interview at Appalachian COP. I was also offered an interview from Appalachian COP, but decided to decline. Be sure to let me know where you decide to go. If we both go to UNE, I look forward to seeing you in the fall.

Thanks Jeannie!!

Yay I got Accepted to UNE Pharmacy 2015! i was also in the March 4 cycle :)