-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations everyone. I also received an acceptance into Yale's EMD program today. 😀 My week just keeps getting better.
They didn't mention anything about scholarship in the email. Do you guys think they send it in the physical mail?? (Just keeping my hopes up)
I think that Yale doesn't give any scholarship or financial info until you submit your Financial Aid app (which includes your FAFSA, Yale supplementary app and 2012 tax return)
The first email (in November) said my app was received and had begun an initial review; the second was "your application is complete" email, which I received in the beginning of January.Congrats guys!!!
Did you guys all receive a second confirmation letter from Yale before the acceptance letter?
and when did you guys submit your application?
Mh, since I am not a US citizen/permanent resident, I can't file for FAFSA. But on their website they do mention about merit scholarships for international students but I'm not sure whether they're given at the time of admission or later.I think that Yale doesn't give any scholarship or financial info until you submit your Financial Aid app (which includes your FAFSA, Yale supplementary app and 2012 tax return)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats guys!!!
Did you guys all receive a second confirmation letter from Yale before the acceptance letter?
and when did you guys submit your application?
My app was mailed on 1/3, complete 1/17 and accepted 1/31
My app was mailed on 1/3, complete 1/17 and accepted 1/31
Congrats!! My application was received on 11/21 and completed on 1/7 but I still haven't heard anything from Yale 🙁 Think it's worth contacting them? I'm getting so anxious >_<
UGPA: 3.41 at a small liberal arts university
Major/Minor: Biology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable):
GRE (2nd attempt taken 9/29/12): Q155 (64%), V163 (91%), AW 3.5 (30%)
GRE (1st attempt taken 9/3/11) Q150 (43%), V159 (80%), AW 4.0 (49%)
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
coursework research projects, work at international nonprofit in IT department, summer microbiology REU, volunteer work through school honor and community service organizations
SOPHAS mailed all applications 12/19/2012
Applied:
Emory University (Global Epidemiology, Global Health [Infectious Disease], Epidemiology) Received 1/11/13 (after the deadline)
University of Boston (International Health) Received 12/21/12. Asked for additional information on 1/24/13 (a short statement about myself because "[we] like what we see in you") Additional information sent 1/25/13
University of Minnesota (Epidemiology) Received 1/2/13
Ohio State University (Epidemiology) Received 12/21/12. Claims to be missing information that was sent from SOPHAS. Problem unresolved as of yet.
University of Pittsburgh (Infectious Disease and Microbiology [Infectious Disease Pathogenesis, Eradication and Laboratory Practice]) Received 1/16/13
Accepted:
University of Minnesota, Accepted 1/30/13 via email
Emory University (Epidemiology), Accepted 1/31/13 via OPUS
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Major/Minor: Biology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable):
GRE (2nd attempt taken 9/29/12): Q155 (64%), V163 (91%), AW 3.5 (30%)
GRE (1st attempt taken 9/3/11) Q150 (43%), V159 (80%), AW 4.0 (49%)
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
coursework research projects, work at international nonprofit in IT department, summer microbiology REU, volunteer work through school honor and community service organizations
SOPHAS mailed all applications 12/19/2012
Applied:
Emory University (Global Epidemiology, Global Health [Infectious Disease], Epidemiology) Received 1/11/13 (after the deadline)
University of Boston (International Health) Received 12/21/12. Asked for additional information on 1/24/13 (a short statement about myself because "[we] like what we see in you") Additional information sent 1/25/13
University of Minnesota (Epidemiology) Received 1/2/13
Ohio State University (Epidemiology) Received 12/21/12. Claims to be missing information that was sent from SOPHAS. Problem unresolved as of yet.
University of Pittsburgh (Infectious Disease and Microbiology [Infectious Disease Pathogenesis, Eradication and Laboratory Practice]) Received 1/16/13
Accepted:
University of Minnesota, Accepted 1/30/13 via email
Emory University (Epidemiology), Accepted 1/31/13 via OPUS
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
UGPA: 3.515 (from a highly-ranked private university, graduated in 2004)
Major/Minor: BA, History
Post-Bac GPA: 3.967
Grad GPA: 4.0
Grad Studies: MS, Geology (from a mid-range public university, in progress)
GRE: 680V 800Q 5.0W, Nov. 2010
Experience/Research: Taught English in China for a year, served as an Army Officer for five years (with a tour in Iraq), 3 years as a TA/RA for several professors (should get some really good LORs), spent a summer working for the US Geological Survey, involved in a few environmental research projects with multiple presentations at conferences, submitting my thesis for publication very soon (knock on wood!)
I obviously didn't start out in public health, nor do I have a great deal of experience in the area (though I've started volunteering at a local hospital just to get a better perspective). My interests are in hydrology, water resource management, sustainability, and public health. It has taken me a little while to find this passion, but hopefully the schools will view my, um, "diverse" experiences as a strength.
Applied: Columbia (EHS), OSU (EHS), UIC (EOHS), Michigan (EHS), Yale (EMD, EHS + global)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Major/Minor: BA, History
Post-Bac GPA: 3.967
Grad GPA: 4.0
Grad Studies: MS, Geology (from a mid-range public university, in progress)
GRE: 680V 800Q 5.0W, Nov. 2010
Experience/Research: Taught English in China for a year, served as an Army Officer for five years (with a tour in Iraq), 3 years as a TA/RA for several professors (should get some really good LORs), spent a summer working for the US Geological Survey, involved in a few environmental research projects with multiple presentations at conferences, submitting my thesis for publication very soon (knock on wood!)
I obviously didn't start out in public health, nor do I have a great deal of experience in the area (though I've started volunteering at a local hospital just to get a better perspective). My interests are in hydrology, water resource management, sustainability, and public health. It has taken me a little while to find this passion, but hopefully the schools will view my, um, "diverse" experiences as a strength.
Applied: Columbia (EHS), OSU (EHS), UIC (EOHS), Michigan (EHS), Yale (EMD, EHS + global)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Hey did anyone hear back from any MHA programs? Specifically Johns Hopkins?
There's an MHA thread... but from what i've seen, no one has heard back from Hopkins other than for interviews. I was just was just offered one yesterday for either today or Monday. I opted for Monday. Seems they're just starting to move on applications since mine was in in early November. Hope that helps, and good luck!
For those of you guys who said you received another confirmation from Yale..
Are we supposed to? or do only some people receive a second confirmation letter?
I sent my application on 1/5 and SOPHAS mailed on 1/9.. then I only received one letter from Yale on 1/11 that they are reviewing it. No emails after that..
So I received an initial email that they were reviewing my app on 12/7. On 1/16 they sent me an e-mail asking for GRE scores (SOPHAS screwed up).So you may receive a second email if you app is missing something but otherwise I wouldn't expect anything till an admissions decision is reached.
Sorry to hear that. Did they finally send you the email or did you have to call them? I a'm curious because I also have the "view decision" link in my WA but no email.Rejected from Michigan HMP 🙁
It sucks a lot since I was really hyped about the program and happy with my experience with their admissions 🙁
But I have other good options so I'm sure I'll be okay in the long run!
Thanks and good luck with your other prospects!
Got my acceptance in Yale's CDE today!! Congrats to others on Yale acceptance 🙂
Sorry to hear that. Did they finally send you the email or did you have to call them? I a'm curious because I also have the "view decision" link in my WA but no email.
Thanks and good luck with your other prospects!
I emailed them about it and I think admissions may have sent my rejection email a bit early or something after I annoyed them about it. And to make it even more terrible they sent me a second rejection email this morning. I thought maybe the first email was a mistake when I saw that one, but nope.
Oh well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted into BU's MPH today with a merit award! Unsure of how much until the actual package comes in!
Applied: GWU, BU, Columbia, Yale, NYU, UCONN, Northeastern, UMD
Accepted:GWU (12/21), BU (2/4)
Rejected: Yale
Waitlisted: NYU (1/31)
Congrats! When was your application complete? 🙂
Originally Posted by grad7112
Accepted into BU's MPH today with a merit award! Unsure of how much until the actual package comes in!
Applied: GWU, BU, Columbia, Yale, NYU, UCONN, Northeastern, UMD
Accepted:GWU (12/21), BU (2/4)
Rejected: Yale
Waitlisted: NYU (1/31)
Was it by mail or email that they contacted you?
Thank you 🙂 My app was complete on 11/15... took them a long time to notify me even though it had said "up to 8 weeks".
And it was by email @ Epi12345.
Thanks! My app was complete about a week after yours, wasn't sure if I should be obsessively checking my inbox or not...obsession it is!
3
364462
It's nice to get an e-mail inviting me to further consider BU. It looks like a "generic" e-mail from the Dean, but I like that an effort is being made to reach out even after the admissions offer. The e-mail provides a link to an Accepted Students website, and this will certainly be helpful in making my decision about BU.
It's nice to get an e-mail inviting me to further consider BU. It looks like a "generic" e-mail from the Dean, but I like that an effort is being made to reach out even after the admissions offer. The e-mail provides a link to an Accepted Students website, and this will certainly be helpful in making my decision about BU.
I also really liked this 🙂 I'm wondering how generic the handwritten note from the admissions officer was as well - even if it's part of their standard practice, I'm impressed.
After a few weeks of silence since my first decision email, I finally received an acceptance email today from UMN Environmental Health!
Congrats!!After a few weeks of silence since my first decision email, I finally received an acceptance email today from UMN Environmental Health!
Has anyone heard from Michigan HMP this week?
Congrats!!
Has anyone heard from Michigan HMP this week?
I'm waiting too!! When was your interview? They usually send emails on Wednesdays so tomorrow could be the day!!! 😱
I've been a lurker on this message board. I'm emerging out of the shadows to let everyone know that Berkeley has started sending out decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been a lurker on this message board. I'm emerging out of the shadows to let everyone know that Berkeley has started sending out decisions.
How are they doing this? Email?
Did you hear??
SOPHAS has finally sent all the rest of my applications -- Tulane University and Boston University on 1/30 and Emory on 2/6.
BU said they still haven't received my app, even though SOPHAS says it was sent a week ago. Did this happen to anyone else? Tulane sent me a message five days before SOPHAS sent the app and said they received my app? Weird and unusual or no?
How long did Emory take to send you the OPUS login info?
Please help! I'm already anxious even though it has clearly been a few days.
BU said they still haven't received my app, even though SOPHAS says it was sent a week ago. Did this happen to anyone else? Tulane sent me a message five days before SOPHAS sent the app and said they received my app? Weird and unusual or no?
How long did Emory take to send you the OPUS login info?
Please help! I'm already anxious even though it has clearly been a few days.

3
364462
SOPHAS has finally sent all the rest of my applications -- Tulane University and Boston University on 1/30 and Emory on 2/6.
BU said they still haven't received my app, even though SOPHAS says it was sent a week ago. Did this happen to anyone else? Tulane sent me a message five days before SOPHAS sent the app and said they received my app? Weird and unusual or no?
How long did Emory take to send you the OPUS login info?
Please help! I'm already anxious even though it has clearly been a few days.![]()
Here you go...
BOSTON U (MPH, Human Rights Focus):
11/30, submitted to SOPHAS
12/5, mailed by SOPHAS
12/11, confirmation email/app sent to dept
1/14, admitted w/ merit (via email)
I found out via email with a link to the graduate division website. I did hear back and it was an acceptance offer to the infectious disease & vaccinology MPH. I'm pretty pumped as Berkeley is my top choice!How are they doing this? Email?
Did you hear??
I submitted my application via SOPHAS on 10/20/12. I submitted the UCB grad division application about 3-4 weeks before I submitted the SOPHAS app. It was mailed on 12/12/12. And I received my acceptance notification 2/6/13.
3
364462
I found out via email with a link to the graduate division website. I did hear back and it was an acceptance offer to the infectious disease & vaccinology MPH. I'm pretty pumped as Berkeley is my top choice!
I submitted my application via SOPHAS on 10/20/12. I submitted the UCB grad division application about 3-4 weeks before I submitted the SOPHAS app. It was mailed on 12/12/12. And I received my acceptance notification 2/6/13.
Congratulations! It's good to hear that the UC's are rolling out some news. Someone posted a week or so ago about UCLA, as well. Thanks for the update!
I found out via email with a link to the graduate division website. I did hear back and it was an acceptance offer to the infectious disease & vaccinology MPH. I'm pretty pumped as Berkeley is my top choice!
I submitted my application via SOPHAS on 10/20/12. I submitted the UCB grad division application about 3-4 weeks before I submitted the SOPHAS app. It was mailed on 12/12/12. And I received my acceptance notification 2/6/13.
Thanks for the info! And congrats!!! 🙂
So I *just* got a confirmation email to George Washington University despite applying early January lol. Did this happen to anyone else? How long after getting the email did you get a decision?
By applying do you mean you submitted to SOPHAS in early January? Because they can take a good two plus weeks to get the app to the school and then the school needs time to process it. 4 weeks after submission via SOPHAS would be a pretty average response time from my experience...
I have yet to get a decision back from UCLA, other than that my application is being reviewed by the Community Health Sciences department (1/16).
By applying do you mean you submitted to SOPHAS in early January? Because they can take a good two plus weeks to get the app to the school and then the school needs time to process it. 4 weeks after submission via SOPHAS would be a pretty average response time from my experience...
I mean that my app was sent out from SOPHAS to GWU in early January. Every other school sent me a confirmation email within a week of SOPHAS sending them my app. My SOPHAS was processed in mid-December but I didn't add my app for GWU until late December and it sent out like January 2nd I think.
Was just notified by UCLA that I've been nominated for a fellowship award, but haven't received any notification about acceptance! Happy news though!
UGPA: 3.79
Major/Minor: Environmental Science, Environmental Health Concentration, Chinese Minor
GRE (including date taken): September 30, 2012 -- Verbal 160, Quant 162, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 2.5 years of various laboratory research (Children's Environmental Health, Parkinson's Disease), summer internship with the Center for Environmental Health in Oakland, writer for undergraduate health magazine, a CHS internship for a quarter, currently working for the UCLA SoPH for a Parkinson's research study
Applied: UC Berkeley (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCLA (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCI (MPH in EHS) (Applied 1/7/13)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Crossing fingers for Cal still!
UGPA: 3.79
Major/Minor: Environmental Science, Environmental Health Concentration, Chinese Minor
GRE (including date taken): September 30, 2012 -- Verbal 160, Quant 162, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 2.5 years of various laboratory research (Children's Environmental Health, Parkinson's Disease), summer internship with the Center for Environmental Health in Oakland, writer for undergraduate health magazine, a CHS internship for a quarter, currently working for the UCLA SoPH for a Parkinson's research study
Applied: UC Berkeley (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCLA (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCI (MPH in EHS) (Applied 1/7/13)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Crossing fingers for Cal still!
3
364462
Was just notified by UCLA that I've been nominated for a fellowship award, but haven't received any notification about acceptance! Happy news though!
UGPA: 3.79
Major/Minor: Environmental Science, Environmental Health Concentration, Chinese Minor
GRE (including date taken): September 30, 2012 -- Verbal 160, Quant 162, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 2.5 years of various laboratory research (Children's Environmental Health, Parkinson's Disease), summer internship with the Center for Environmental Health in Oakland, writer for undergraduate health magazine, a CHS internship for a quarter, currently working for the UCLA SoPH for a Parkinson's research study
Applied: UC Berkeley (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCLA (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCI (MPH in EHS) (Applied 1/7/13)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Crossing fingers for Cal still!
Congratulations! Very glad to hear that UCLA and Cal are coming through with decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got into Berkeley's program for MPH in Infectious Diseases & Vaccinology! 😀
do you mind posting your stats?
I just got into Berkeley's program for MPH in Infectious Diseases & Vaccinology! 😀
Congrats!
After getting accepted into Minnesota's MPH in Environmental Health, just found out that I got rejected from UW at Seattle EOH program
Oh well, still pretty happy about UMN
Congrats to getting accepted into Berkeley! Hoping California will start letting more people know soon.
Oh well, still pretty happy about UMNCongrats to getting accepted into Berkeley! Hoping California will start letting more people know soon.
Was just notified by UCLA that I've been nominated for a fellowship award, but haven't received any notification about acceptance! Happy news though!
UGPA: 3.79
Major/Minor: Environmental Science, Environmental Health Concentration, Chinese Minor
GRE (including date taken): September 30, 2012 -- Verbal 160, Quant 162, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 2.5 years of various laboratory research (Children's Environmental Health, Parkinson's Disease), summer internship with the Center for Environmental Health in Oakland, writer for undergraduate health magazine, a CHS internship for a quarter, currently working for the UCLA SoPH for a Parkinson's research study
Applied: UC Berkeley (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCLA (MPH in EHS) (Applied 11/25), UCI (MPH in EHS) (Applied 1/7/13)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Crossing fingers for Cal still!
Congrats on the nomination!! Hope you get it. Did they mention what the fellowship was? If so, was it a department one?
re: University of washington
my complete application, full name, fall 2013, GPA, personal statement, rec letters, complete transcripts, work history, home address, phone number... everything... publicly available... on the internet.
I'm not a very private person but I'm a little upset for that information to be publicly available
Is that normal? I had no idea...
my complete application, full name, fall 2013, GPA, personal statement, rec letters, complete transcripts, work history, home address, phone number... everything... publicly available... on the internet.
I'm not a very private person but I'm a little upset for that information to be publicly available
Is that normal? I had no idea...
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 103
- Views
- 37K