2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erina said:
i hear the 15th is an EXCELLENT date to pick.

...ok, so that's just because i'll be there that day.

haha, yeah I'd say the 6th is, but I know its already full....either way when we all get in we can fight over him Erina :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

joanofarc0907 said:
haha, yeah I'd say the 6th is, but I know its already full....either way when we all get in we can fight over him Erina :laugh:
hahaha do you think that's a good enough reason to want to go to pitt? "why should we accept you?" "because joanofarc and i (and perhaps jackie?) have to fight over the cute new boy." :D

joanofarc0907 said:
Yeah well, you are doin' pretty good with your apps so far for a last minute kind of guy; Its still rather early in the game. Hopefully it will all be towards a positive end (an ACCEPTANCE!!) Good luck

Ha, yeah, it has taken all of my will to start on these applications. I'm generally such a procrastinator, but I told myself that I wouldn't procrastinate on these. But as for scheduling something over a month in advance...bleh, I hate it. I wish we could just pop our smiling faces inside someone's office door and say, "I'm here! I'm ready!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Erina said:
hahaha do you think that's a good enough reason to want to go to pitt? "why should we accept you?" "because joanofarc and i (and perhaps jackie?) have to fight over the cute new boy." :D

that's good enough for me! plus maybe if you throw in something about the school after, they might not notice that is the reason we need to go there;)

Erina said:

Eh, I have a hot SDN man. Get your own. I was just making suggestions, girls. I am plenty happy with my pick, just pointing you all in the right, um, direction. :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Eh, I have a hot SDN man. Get your own. I was just making suggestions, girls. I am plenty happy with my pick, just pointing you all in the right, um, direction. :thumbup:
well geez, jackie, you already have your husband and danjo...why not add another? jackie's a P-I-M-P.

Erina said:
well geez, jackie, you already have your husband and danjo...why not add another? jackie's a P-I-M-P.

I'm not a player, I just crush a lot. :D
Not my fault dudes like me. :laugh:

Also, that first sentence is funny if you sub in "gunner" for player.

Man, all the Fridays are full until September 29th. Ah well, that's what I chose.

For those of you who have got the invite to Pritzker, how did that arrive? Thru surface mail as stated in the "application complete" email, or thru another email afterwards? Also approximately how long was gap between the email notifying your application was complete and the final invite? Thanks a lot.

butterflyk said:
For those of you who have got the invite to Pritzker, how did that arrive? Thru surface mail as stated in the "application complete" email, or thru another email afterwards? Also approximately how long was gap between the email notifying your application was complete and the final invite? Thanks a lot.

Interview invite was via email. I received it on July 17. I was complete there July 7 by email as well. I interview Sept. 7. Good Luck to you!

So it took ten days (probably less excluding the weekends) ; sounds in line with what they claim (~2 wks).Thanks and good luck!
LuMD2011 said:
Interview invite was via email. I received it on July 17. I was complete there July 7 by email as well. I interview Sept. 7. Good Luck to you!

DRKUBA said:
Jackie, can I steal your thread and duplicate it in the pre-osteo forum?

Yeah, baby, but only 'cause you're cute. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Erina said:
if I get an interview there, I will come fight too! :D

scentimint said:
if I get an interview there, I will come fight too! :D

That's what I'm talking about. For once we've got the girls talkin' about the boys. Heck yes, we are all going to be that doctor our parents wanted us to marry! We should all totally order that shirt from SDN, too.

BTW, I had this calendar, with construction workers on it, in college, and for awhile I was clear that I definitely wanted to marry a construction worker, until...I realized that it wasn't all just hardhats and bowties. Thought I would clear that up for any of you current college girls. You can thank me later.

jackieMD2007 said:
I'm not a player, I just crush a lot. :D
Not my fault dudes like me. :laugh:

Also, that first sentence is funny if you sub in "gunner" for player.
:laugh: good one! :D

jackie, i guess i have to change my avatar to a hot chick and then SDN dudes will like me :D

scentimint said:
jackie, i guess i have to change my avatar to a hot chick and then SDN dudes will like me :D

EXCUSE ME! You could change your avatar to that cute one of you looking over your shoulder and then you'd have more trouble than you need! :)

True that.

scentimint said:

DRKUBA said:
wow, the whole community is pretty flirty today, huh?
no way! *bats eyelashes and lightly taps drkuba on the shoulder*

scentimint said:
aww *blushes*

but then it wouldn't be so much of an anonymous forum!

I am not advocating that you put your picture up, I'm just vouching. :D

Is it just me or are things pretty quiet on the secondary and interview front today and even this week? It must be the lull before the storm as a whole bunch of schools offer early september interviews and we need to help them fill those spots! Here's hoping for a busy week next week on this forum! :luck:

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for something to happen.

confused48 said:
Is it just me or are things pretty quiet on the secondary and interview front today and even this week? It must be the lull before the storm as a whole bunch of schools offer early september interviews and we need to help them fill those spots! Here's hoping for a busy week next week on this forum! :luck:

confused48 said:
I'm hoping the only thing holding up my Texas interviews is my LOR. :scared:

But yeah - I would think invites to other schools will start rolling in next week.

:luck: to all!!

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088 (email), DoubleU (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS)
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

im going to start crying.....:(
you lucky TX bastards.

narc said:
im going to start crying.....:(
you lucky TX bastards.
Ah, it's not all rainbows. After we get all of our TX interviews done early, we have a loooooooooong period of waiting without much to look forward to for a few months AT LEAST.

TX also seems to be cramming in their interviews, too. In an 8-day span, I will have 4 interviews. It's going to be a marathon! That also happens to be during my first week of classes and moving back to the dorms...ugh.

Careful for what you wish for...

BlackBantie said:
Ah, it's not all rainbows. After we get all of our TX interviews done early, we have a loooooooooong period of waiting without much to look forward to for a few months AT LEAST.

TX also seems to be cramming in their interviews, too. In an 8-day span, I will have 4 interviews. It's going to be a marathon! That also happens to be during my first week of classes and moving back to the dorms...ugh.

Careful for what you wish for...

An interview is an interview...you ungrateful bastard :laugh:

taylormade44 said:
as soon as i see a school listed here that i am applying to im gonna freak out lol

lol thank god there's only 1 (GW) for me and only 5 people are on that list...

Robizzle said:

there are three up there for me.....yea it hurts :scared:

Robizzle said:

and im so glad i yanked that school off of amcas last second

their secondary had no essays though didnt it?...shoulda pulled georgetown instead lol

taylormade44 said:
and im so glad i yanked that school off of amcas last second

their secondary had no essays though didnt it?...shoulda pulled georgetown instead lol

GT cashed my check today for those who care.....now to wait :sleep:

-----
-----
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Congrats to everyone getting invites! (and condolenses to the others, those schools don't know what they're missing obviously)

I'm scheduling my son's annual tests right now (medical tests at Children's Hospital) and they're mostly in September so I might be seeing some of you Pitt interviewees when you're taking your tour! If I see a tour group going through I'll ask the tour guide if they know where I can find Dr. MiesVanDerMom and then you'll all know it's me ;) Good luck Pitt people! Good luck all! :luck:

Robizzle said:

so i sent GW my 2ndary today AGAIN (they told me to), this time it's certified...and personal.

and while i'm at it, why do people suck at driving? seriously. while i'm pulling out of the post office onto a busy main road, people were also turning left from the gas station across the street...i got to my stop sign first, but i knew the first jeep was going to cut me off, so i let him. then the next car was taking a left too, but it's definitely my turn, so when i found a break in traffic i go, and i'm already going to the other side of the road when he pulls out, and he doesn't pull out so that he goes to the other side (you know, if two people take a left turn, they can both make it), but instead take a really sharp left to make the break in traffic b/c he started too late.....anyway, i was watching him, and he didn't even look at me, he's only looking to his right and is driving straight at me. so i lay on my horn, have to swerve into the gas station and back out, as he realizes he's driving at me and swerves away into his stupid lane (but i already had planned that if he tried to cut me off i would have to swerve in there).......LEARN WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN OR AT LEAST LEARN TO BE AWARE OF OTHER CARS ...cuz we definitely could have both turned if he wasn't a complete *****

anyway, this is important b/c none of this would have happened had GW rec'd my app to begin with :rolleyes:

Homer Simpson said:
-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, DR. Eugenic
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

i got an ohio state interview....but havent submitted any letters of rec...is this kind of odd? :sleep:

:clap: to the Vanderbilt interviewees! Congratulations, guys.

And CP Jones, I feel you. No one can drive. :) Well, besides you and me and a few others.

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctor EUGENIC

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

i took out quotes...JACK md would have a cow....(and think hey wheres the mirror) :sleep:

I should really do that wake forest secondary. I feel so special one of their darts landed on my name. Must be a sign. :)

Quantummechanic---good job on the Vandy invite! hahahah looks like u'll be in my neck of the woods. let's hope that once this one comes the rest will keep on rolling along.

Adding my name to Texas Tech - I got the email invite this afternoon - I guess they are working on Saturdays? Either that or it was lost in the web-ether somewhere... strange

-----
-----
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom (email)
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:[/QUOTE]

runningmom said:
Adding my name to Texas Tech - I got the email invite this afternoon - I guess they are working on Saturdays? Either that or it was lost in the web-ether somewhere... strange

-----
-----
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom (email)
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.