2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeminoleFan3 said:
Status Update from VCU today:
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken. "

In my opinion, not much of an update...

Looks like a nice non-rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad.

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS)
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
University of Utah: sandros1 - snail mail 7/31 (in-state)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

See my MDapps below for Stats. I'm kinda grumpy right now as I just lost my one in-state chance for med school. After watching Chappelle's Show last night, I think I'm gonna plot against Utah for a few years down the road... :mad:

OMG how does UTAH reject an instater like that! Not cool :(

Members don't see this ad :)
DrVanNostran said:
OMG how does UTAH reject an instater like that! Not cool :(

Yup, I'm kinda angry tonight. It's beer:30 for me.

5 year resident of the state, and a 3.89 GPA at Utah in 6 semesters. Not sure if I wanna continue classes there now.

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

ana, super congrats on the vandy interview!!! :clap: :clap: i totally saw that one coming! ;)

scentimint said:
ana, super congrats on the vandy interview!!! :clap: :clap: i totally saw that one coming! ;)

Ack Scentimint I thought you had an interview and was rushing to congratulate you.

SeminoleFan3 said:
Status Update from VCU today:
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken. "

In my opinion, not much of an update...

i really wouldn't consider this a rejection. "they would like to consider your file further" sounds pretty positive to me...my status hasn't been changed.. and i haven't heard of any BETTER updates so dont worry!

Caristra said:
Ack Scentimint I thought you had an interview and was rushing to congratulate you.
:laugh: i wish! not quite yet...i've only sent in one secondary, so that would be quite an impossible feat!!

Hey, I just joined yesterday, but I got an interview invite (through email) from UNM yesterday. They said they'd contact later about a date...oh yeah, and I'm a resident

Ciao

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctornick83 (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctornick83 (email)
University of New Mexico: diegot505 (email, in-stater)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

To the Miami rejects. Were these pre-secondary rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances)
-----
Interview Invites:
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), Smokey
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey

-----

Acceptances:
-----
-----
Wall of Lame*--Waitlists
-----

-----
Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

narc, Congrats

sandros1 said:
Yup, I'm kinda angry tonight. It's beer:30 for me.

5 year resident of the state, and a 3.89 GPA at Utah in 6 semesters. Not sure if I wanna continue classes there now.

Don't worry about it. Their loss, not yours. You'll get in somewhere else and like it better. They seem to like to stick it to the in-staters here in Utah, so don't take it personally.

-----
-----
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), Zuerst, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), Zuerst
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess, americanangel (email)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), Zuerst, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), Zuerst

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Uh, I don't really know how to do this myself...so can someone put me in the GW interview list. I just got the e-mail today!!!!!! :luck: :)

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP

-----

Acceptances:

Penn State University: LolaLarruh (Early Assurance)
-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

congrats on the acceptance!!

[
Acceptances:

-----
-----

Outstanding!!!! Our first acceptance :love: :love: :love:

LolaLarruh[color=Red said:
Acceptances:[/color]

Nifty nifty!

Now it's time to indulge myself with some dollar margaritas :idea:

congrats LolaLarruh .... that must feel like a weight off your shoulders! way to go!

Thanks for the messages, everyone. You have a great support system going here (that I only found out about tonight). Use each other throughout the next few months for encouragement. Each of you will be receiving your acceptance letters from great institutions soon enough. And hey, maybe a few of you will end up at PSU as well?

The most important thing you need to remember from here on out is this: Be YOURSELF in the interview. Don't answer questions in a way you feel as though the interviewer wants them to be answered. It sounds cliche, but there's nothing truer.

Good luck with your apps and keep me updated (especially if there are anymore people who become Nittany Lions)!

-----
Interview Invites:
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24)
Weill/Cornell: ordeliacay (status page, then email 7/25)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
Wall of Lame*--Waitlists
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P.
Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

hi everyone who has been invited to interview at pritzker, how long was it between your application completion and the interview invite? thanks for the help!

ordeliacay said:
-----
Interview Invites:
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
Wall of Lame*--Waitlists
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P.
Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

looks like you also added yourself to pitt. might want to indicate that in your title in addition to cornell. some of us are obsessively watching who gets pitt interviews... :smuggrin:

so let me get this straight.
To all the vandy people. You must turn in your secondary before you can set up your interview date. Is that correct?

Somebody fix the f-ing formatting before I get Chuck Norris in here to kick all ya'll @sses. I mean it. :laugh:

The Chuck Norris school of HTML. :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Somebody fix the f-ing formatting before I get Chuck Norris in here to kick all ya'll @sses. I mean it. :laugh:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchesss, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

is it right now?

leahmaria said:
-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchesss, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

woo hoo! i did it!

What did you do other then fock the list up and delete half the names, most important being mine :rolleyes: :sleep:

geez ordeliacay when were you complete at cornell? nobody else on here has heard a thing from them

narc said:
What did you do other then fock the list up and delete half the names, most important being mine :rolleyes: :sleep:

formatting...i put your name back, sorry i missed it when i was adding from the other list, will you check it over? is it right now?

leahmaria said:
formatting...i put your name back, sorry i missed it when i was adding from the other list, will you check it over? is it right now?

Better, but in the title of your post say what you are adding youself to. The list is already a clusterfock, hard enough looking for your name :thumbup:

narc said:
Better, but in the title of your post say what you are adding youself to. The list is already a clusterfock, hard enough looking for your name :thumbup:

i didn't add myself...i was just fixing for formatting...no interviews for me yet

leahmaria said:
i didn't add myself...i was just fixing for formatting...no interviews for me yet

I guess I am confused.... you were fixing the formatting by deleting names and losing all the pretty color and bold writing?? :confused: :laugh:

narc said:
I guess I am confused.... you were fixing the formatting by deleting names and losing all the pretty color and bold writing?? :confused: :laugh:

i see the color and bold in my post...hmm...

Heyyy a Cornell interview. That's some pleasant news indeed.

There are officially enought GW interview invites for me to puke! Damn it :)

DrVanNostran said:

i feel your pain :( . judging by how early I submitted my secondary, i think my app has officially been looked at and pushed away for the time being.

Robizzle said:
i feel your pain :( . judging by how early I submitted my secondary, i think my app has officially been looked at and pushed away for the time being.

Yeh, Rob. My application must be blowing by the White House because it wasn't good enough to even throw in the trash. :confused: C'mon GW...

Looque said:
Heyyy a Cornell interview. That's some pleasant news indeed.

Sigh, and I am still not complete there. I know its different for MSTP but this really makes me wish they would acknowledge my LOR's all ready.

DrVanNostran said:

Ugghh, my school said they have downloaded my lor's from virtual eval, but they have yet to send me an email of completion. BAAAHH, and this is our nation's capitol. Studentdoctor.net is beginning to make me feel ohhh so inferior.

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchesss, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP, katabu (email 7/24)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Status
Not open for further replies.