2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LuMD2011, do you have an MDapps profile? (It's my polite way of asking if you'd mind sharing your stats with me).

Members don't see this ad.

Does it count that I have to withdraw my application from UIC due to stupid course discrepancies? seriously that whole BSOS thing is annoying...and my college apparently doesn't think like any of the medschools when choosing where to put criminology courses

i got the unc secondary today. i've posted the questions in the questions thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just FYI, it is "Indiana University," so maybe the next person to add to the overall list make the switch. ;)

tennisguy896 said:
LuMD- I'm guessing the "complete" email you got meant your file had finished being reviewed by 3 adcomm folks? Thanks for clearing things up.

The July 20th email from Vandy was just to say they received all my info like letters and such and to expect to hear from them about a possible interview/secondary within the next 3-4 weeks. I felt like at that point the ad comm had not even seen my application.

Sorry to confuse :(

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088 (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS)
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

Team, I put this as an addendum for a REASON. If people want to share their stats, that is fine. They can share it when they post their interviews or when they feel like it. They can include their MD Apps link. But please don't call out posters looking for stats to compare with. A better database for that (if the OP doesn't offer) is mdapplicants.com.

Thank you!

Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

jackieMD2007 said:
Team, I put this as an addendum for a REASON. If people want to share their stats, that is fine. They can share it when they post their interviews or when they feel like it. They can include their MD Apps link. But please don't call out posters looking for stats to compare with. A better database for that (if the OP doesn't offer) is mdapplicants.com.

Thank you!

Relax, Jackie..... some people don't mind being asked.... and asking on the board may save someone from having to answer multiple PMs. Also, it's helpful for everyone on the board if they do choose to answer. I think most people on here are smart enough to know that if someone asks and they don't feel like sharing, they simply don't have to.

swim2md said:
Relax, Jackie..... some people don't mind being asked.... and asking on the board may save someone from having to answer multiple PMs. Also, it's helpful for everyone on the board if they do choose to answer. I think most people on here are smart enough to know that if someone asks and they don't feel like sharing, they simply don't have to.

You're missing my point. People can share when they post the good/bad news or subsequently thereafter. Even though it is helpful for everyone, and we certainly want to know, it is PERSONAL information and should be treated as such. The people who are keen enough to get interview/acceptances know that we want to know their stats. The purpose of this thread isn't for us to compare stats, but to see where interviews/acceptances/rejections are going out.

jackieMD2007 said:
You're missing my point. People can share when they post the good/bad news or subsequently thereafter. Even though it is helpful for everyone, and we certainly want to know, it is PERSONAL information and should be treated as such. The people who are keen enough to get interview/acceptances know that we want to know their stats. The purpose of this thread isn't for us to compare stats, but to see where interviews/acceptances/rejections are going out.

I didn't mean it as a personal attack.... and I didn't miss your point. There have been several instances, though, where people have been asked and didn't mind posting, so I don't see why we should put an end to that. I don't think anyone on here has been badgered for information that they didn't want to share. However, if that is the case, then I apologize. But I think a lot of times people are just hesitant to advertise their stats without being prompted because they don't want to look like they're bragging, etc.

LuMD2011 said:
The July 20th email from Vandy was just to say they received all my info like letters and such and to expect to hear from them about a possible interview/secondary within the next 3-4 weeks. I felt like at that point the ad comm had not even seen my application.

Sorry to confuse :(

What letters are you referring too? Sorry about my confusion, but I thought Vandy only requests letters after they have invited you to their interview/secondary. Thanks again for your patience and your info.

tennisguy896 said:
What letters are you referring too? Sorry about my confusion, but I thought Vandy only requests letters after they have invited you to their interview/secondary. Thanks again for your patience and your info.
Yeah I was confused by that too - my acknowledgment email didn't say anything about letters.

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Members don't see this ad :)
you used an old version of the list! oops!

-----
-----
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Just got an interview to George Washington! Email

have you GW people been told that you are complete yet? i literally sent my app in the minute i got it

C.P.Jones, my letters aren't in, so I haven't gotten a complete e-mail. But they did notify me today that they received my secondary, which I mailed out on Monday.

For those of you with interviews at GW, have all of you sent in LORs already? Anyone receive an invite without letters?

TIGIBedHead said:
C.P.Jones, my letters aren't in, so I haven't gotten a complete e-mail. But they did notify me today that they received my secondary, which I mailed out on Monday.

For those of you with interviews at GW, have all of you sent in LORs already? Anyone receive an invite without letters?

:( thanks, i emailed them to see what's up

DRKUBA said:
i got an email saying i was complete this morning

Been complete for at least 2 weeks now.
Got an email as well.
No invite for an interview yet....fockers
I did try to call them today, all they would tell is that i would get an email when I am complete....thanks asshat, I knew that already :rolleyes:

Please title your post with what you are adding. It makes it easier for everyone to follow. And congrats on all those interviews guys! :thumbup:

I got an email that I was complete, and four days later, got an interview invite by email. Good luck you guys, it's a total crapshoot, I swear....

tennisguy896 said:

Sorry again, I might as well as not talk anymore. :( I've been so busy all day doing UCLA, Vanderbilt, and Loyola that I'm going crazy. No letters were mentioned, I had to send them yesterday. It just said this:

Vanderbilt University School of Medicine has received your AMCAS application via electronic transmission. We are so excited that you are an applicant to Vanderbilt's 2007 First Year Class! Invitation to complete our secondary application and interview at VUMS will be mailed as soon as the screening of your application is completed.

Again my apologies.

question for GW folks...

I went complete (acknowledged by them yesterday) and I am not over anxious about hearing yet...

But, I was wondering roughly when you had your interviews scheduled. Are we talking early September, or later? I only ask, because I go to a school that starts in late September, and am trying to figure out travel plans, in case I do get that interview invite...

booswim542 said:
i got an interview offer from GW today (7/27).
i submitted the secondary on 7/19 and they received it on the 21st.
my recommendation letters went from virtualevals so i guess my file
was complete on the 21st.

good night

my stats:
3.8 BCPM 3.83 for others 3.81 overall
32Q

Please fix the editing. REPLY to the most recent list, and remove the two
said:
(at the beginning) and [/ quote] at the end, making sure to not delete brackets.

TY!

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email)
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088 (email), DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

I wish i lived in TX :(

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

You go, hlchess! You rock it all the way down! :clap:

Anyone ever wonder if an adcomm is monitoring this list and trying to figure out who you are? I mean if a school gave out 5-10 interviews in a day they could take the notification dates we have listed and proably figure out who you are on SDN.

I had an unexpected email yesterday: an invite to apply to Medical College of Wisconsin. I had not originally sent a primary to them, and they solicited me based on MCAT information. Any one else experience this? Is this a blanket invite to all applicants or based on some criteria do you think?

Haemulon said:
I had an unexpected email yesterday: an invite to apply to Medical College of Wisconsin. I had not originally sent a primary to them, and they solicited me based on MCAT information. Any one else experience this? Is this a blanket invite to all applicants or based on some criteria do you think?

Its all over the forum, they pretty much sent it to everyone

chitowndr said:
question for GW folks...

I went complete (acknowledged by them yesterday) and I am not over anxious about hearing yet...

But, I was wondering roughly when you had your interviews scheduled. Are we talking early September, or later? I only ask, because I go to a school that starts in late September, and am trying to figure out travel plans, in case I do get that interview invite...

Just curious, how did GW notify you that you were complete? I mailed my app on the 25th, and want to know approximatly how long it takes.

remo said:
Anyone ever wonder if an adcomm is monitoring this list and trying to figure out who you are? I mean if a school gave out 5-10 interviews in a day they could take the notification dates we have listed and proably figure out who you are on SDN.

Riiiiight. Because they don't have thousands of applications to process. :rolleyes:

musiclink213 said:
Just curious, how did GW notify you that you were complete? I mailed my app on the 25th, and want to know approximatly how long it takes.

I mailed mine on the 13th, and they sent an email telling me I'm complete on the 20th. And I got the interview invitation yesterday.

i'm new here but i just wanna commend you guys for doing a great job. It keeps ppl like me who are behind informed of whats going on with the entire app process. bump :thumbup:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

YAY Looque!! Congrats. We are one step closer to going to an amazing school :)

EDIT: PS when did you pick your interview for?

joanofarc0907 said:
YAY Looque!! Congrats. We are one step closer to going to an amazing school :)

EDIT: PS when did you pick your interview for?

I haven't picked a date yet, but I'm sure I'll go for a relatively early one. I just hate scheduling things in advance like this; I'm much more a last-minute kind of guy, so this is breaking my nature.

Looque said:
I haven't picked a date yet, but I'm sure I'll go for a relatively early one. I just hate scheduling things in advance like this; I'm much more a last-minute kind of guy, so this is breaking my nature.
i hear the 15th is an EXCELLENT date to pick.

...ok, so that's just because i'll be there that day.

Erina said:
i hear the 15th is an EXCELLENT date to pick.

...ok, so that's just because i'll be there that day.

Heck, yes, Erina. Hook it up! :thumbup:

Looque said:

Yeah well, you are doin' pretty good with your apps so far for a last minute kind of guy; Its still rather early in the game. Hopefully it will all be towards a positive end (an ACCEPTANCE!!) Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.