2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS)
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

taylormade44 said:
-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchess
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, DOCTOR EUGENIC
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
\stop erasing my interview dueshche :sleep:

Well it isn't entirely topdog's fault - I added my typical blabber (some would call it refreshing wit - but not most :laugh: ) at the front and it screwed up the easy to remove quotations. So I take at least part of the blame. Mea Culpa!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How about including GPA/MCAT scores so one could can tell how one stack up with the rest at a specific school (i.e. Duke -- joe (3.5/PS12/BS11/VR11R), bill (3.6/PS11/BS12/VR11Q), etc.

lamron said:
How about including GPA/MCAT scores so one could can tell how one stack up with the rest at a specific school (i.e. Duke -- joe (3.5/PS12/BS11/VR11R), bill (3.6/PS11/BS12/VR11Q), etc.

nah, jackie (the one who made this thread) does not think it's a good idea to include stats because many people might not want to release that info. if u are interested in knowing someone's stats just PM them.

haha sorry bout that guys!

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, DOCTOR EUGENIC (4.0/3.9 v12 B12 P14)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
i added my stats for you since you asked buddy....everyone lets start doing this... :sleep:

lamron said:

If people want to put it in the title or under the list or whatever, I think that is cool, but the lists will get really long and confusing otherwise. Many have mdapps. And, the reasons Rob said. :)

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

Happy Monday, kids. Let's see some invites!
:luck: all!

jackieMD2007 said:
Happy Monday, kids. Let's see some invites!
:luck: all!

My file was confirmed as "complete" at Cornell, but that's the extent of my Monday action so far.

has anyone:

1) gotten a "complete" email from penn state after submitting their secondary yet?

2) had their virtual evals downloaded by Temple yet?

thanks!
happy monday and goodluck to another week full of interviews hopfully!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you received a pitt interview, at what time (approx) / date did you submit and at what time (approx) / date did you receive an email indicating request for an interview?

Conoli21 said:
If you received a pitt interview, at what time (approx) / date did you submit and at what time (approx) / date did you receive an email indicating request for an interview?

The turnaround on them has been extremely fast, about 24-32 hours.

swim2md said:
has anyone:

1) gotten a "complete" email from penn state after submitting their secondary yet?

thanks!

i haven't gotten anything from penn state yet and i should be complete there. also, i know they are different, but temple has downloaded my interfolio documents. they were sent on friday. i haven't received an email (not sure if i am supposed to) but i am complete according to their status page.

Sorry to ask again, but is Ohio State offering automatic interviews?

Does OSU wait for letters?

What is the notification time?

Hypothalamus said:
Sorry to ask again, but is Ohio State offering interviews?

I know OSU has been offering interviews already, but I don't know the details surrounding this, whether they've been waiting for letters or how long the delay has been until notification.

swim2md said:
has anyone:

thanks!

Temple did download mine. They were uploaded last Wednesday from my school and downloaded by Temple on Friday.

swim2md said:
has anyone:

thanks!

Yep I got this.

My LOR's are really holding me up. Two have been sent (as far as I know), but I still need the third for several schools for the file to be complete. Wish they could evaluate for interviews before all LOR's are in. Somethings we just don't have complete control over. (interfolio users excepted).

Looque said:
I know OSU has been offering interviews already, but I don't know the details surrounding this, whether they've been waiting for letters or how long the delay has been until notification.

I'm sorry, I meant to write automatic interviews.

Thanks anyway!

Hypothalamus said:
Sorry to ask again, but is Ohio State offering automatic interviews?

OSU offered me an interview without my letters, but after I submitted my secondary. I submitted 7/13 and got an invite 7/19.

WannaDoc said:
Temple did download mine. They were uploaded last Wednesday from my school and downloaded by Temple on Friday.

WannaDoc-- When you log on to their status page, does it say whether you are complete or under review, etc? I'm worried because I submitted their secondary the day after it came out and my letters have been available since then and they still don't have them on my status page.

swim2md said:
WannaDoc-- When you log on to their status page, does it say whether you are complete or under review, etc? I'm worried because I submitted their secondary the day after it came out and my letters have been available since then and they still don't have them on my status page.

The status page has the first two subject.... supplemental and fee posted with dates recieved and then if you scroll down to LORs recieved it says....

Evaluator's Name College/Org Receipt Date
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY 07/27/2006

I don't think they write under review or complete... it says under FAQs that once all is recieved you are placed under review... so I'm assuming I am under review now.

Hope that helps.

swim2md said:
has anyone:

thanks!
I just got a "complete" email from Penn State (yay!). I submitted 7/24 and my letters were mailed on 7/21.

can i please ask a question? for those that were rejected by wake, how soon after getting their "primary received" email did you get rejected? i just want to know when i should get my tissue box, thank you.

'yawn' here's to hoping more schools make some people happy this week, geez is it slow so far.

jackieMD2007 said:
The turnaround on them has been extremely fast, about 24-32 hours.

it's been about 4,000 hours since I submitted but I'm still optimistic :thumbup:

MiesVanDerMom said:
it's been about 4,000 hours since I submitted but I'm still optimistic :thumbup:

You know what? Me too! Can't wait to join your badminton club, L!!! :thumbup:

Once August rolls around (tomorrow) its time to get nervous!

DrVanNostran said:
Once August rolls around (tomorrow) its time to get nervous!

Why is that?

August seems to be the big month for interview invites for early submitters...

DrVanNostran said:
August seems to be the big month for interview invites for early submitters...

I suppose that could be true, but that means it's a time to get excited, not nervous. Not getting an invite in August, even if you submitted early, doesn't mean you won't get an invite later, especially with the non-rolling schools. Keep those nerves under control, Cosmo.

Looque said:
I suppose that could be true, but that means it's a time to get excited, not nervous. Not getting an invite in August, even if you submitted early, doesn't mean you won't get an invite later, especially with the non-rolling schools. Keep those nerves under control, Cozmo.

I am excited, but at the same time once I see people getting interviews and I have none will make me freak out regardless :eek:

Either way, I love keeping my email open at all times :D

DrVanNostran said:
I am excited, but at the same time once I see people getting interviews and I have none will make me freak out regardless :eek:

Either way, I love keeping my email open at all times :D

...yeah, I'm an email *****, too.

To ease some of my neuroticism, I looked through last year's thread to see when I might expect to hear from a few of my schools.... thought a few of you might be interested:

Drexel: 8/26
Jefferson: 8/16
Penn State: 8/23
Temple: 8/29
UMDNJ-NJMS: 8/2 (SOON!!!)
UMDNJ-RWJ: 8/28
UPenn: 9/14

So, it looks like we may have to wait a while in PA. :thumbdown:

swim2md said:
To ease some of my neuroticism, I looked through last year's thread to see when I might expect to hear from a few of my schools.... thought a few of you might be interested:

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Could you post the link to last year's thread?

swim2md said:

I wasn't aware that secondaries were even out for Drexel yet?

Haemulon said:
I wasn't aware that secondaries were even out for Drexel yet?
They're not. That's the last stupid secondary I'm waiting on (of course, I could get off SDN and finish the other six I still have to get done).

anyone out there who got vandy's acknowledgement email on 07/20 but hasn't received their interview invite/secondary yet?

any idea how long the time frame would be? I don't believe what they said in the email (4-6 weeks) since it took only a few days before some SDNers got their package via surface mail.
Anastasis said:
I haven't

I think we should add a section to the wall of lame to include any member that either screws up a list, asks what are my chances outside of the thread, or makes the 50th thread about a med school advertisement

butterflyk1 said:
anyone out there who got vandy's acknowledgement email on 07/20 but hasn't received their interview invite/secondary yet?

Been acknowledged, but don't expect an invite anytime soon.

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina,DR. CRAB, hlchess

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

i want more interviews please.. :sleep:

Status Update from VCU today:
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken. "

In my opinion, not much of an update...

Status
Not open for further replies.