2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004
Ohio State University:thewarehouse, DoubleU, Erina
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525
University of Chicago (Pritzker) : LuMD2011, sintheta
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle

-----
Acceptances:

-----

-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
*By Lame, we mean, it is lame to waitlist us only to leave us there indefinitely.
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
*By Shame, we mean that the ADCOM should be ashamed of itself for not picking such an excellent SDN'er.
-----

Wake Forest:

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: oh jackie jackie jackie.. :D

I have a feeling this will get too big to be able to do them all together in one thread as we get further in the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you wanted it. :)
This way every time it pops up it doesn't NECESSARILY mean that someone got an interview...

shantster said:
I have a feeling this will get too big to be able to do them all together in one thread as we get further in the process.

We could probably break it into two or three threads when we need to.
At the beginning it is too much to have three or four threads all for the same thing.

Do you guys want me to keep it as is (and we could break it out later when we get good lists for everything) or do you want me to break it down? Whatever y'all want. I just think things are going to be ugly in that other interviews thread after what happened.

Can you break it up and sticky it so they stay at the top?

And while you're at it, can you paint everything a lovely shade of mauve? With little blue flowers. :) Sorry - I just couldn't resist. :D

You know we love that you are the organized one here. :love: Now if you could just harness that power and sell it over e bay - you'd have your med school paid for!!!

You know, I bet if this list gets long enough, they will sticky it, and then we can break it up and link to the sections. I am sure the mods will help us.

I also love mauve and little blue flowers. HEH!

Lol is the wall of shame, shaming the SDNers for not getting in, or wall of shame reserved for the schools for overlooking the superb quality of students on SDN? If its the former, I'd be real hesitant about posting in this thread ;)

Braluk--see above. :laugh: I think we should leave it that way.

jackieMD2007 said:
Braluk--see above. :laugh: I think we should leave it that way.
aha, i guess i should stop reading abstracts and perusing over papers from here on out for work and do a little bit more in depth reading :laugh:

What happened to the person who had interview invites at MCV/VCU and EVMS?

Members don't see this ad :)
uvapremed said:
What happened to the person who had interview invites at MCV/VCU and EVMS?

they got hit by a bus... :eek: :sleep:

That person was lying. He/she took them down themselves. We started this new thread to get away from that, especially since the OP might close the thread or whatever.

...And now that poor person started a thread about lying. I think he/she feels really bad.

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU, Erina
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20)

I also think at this point it would be pertinent to add whether or not you were in-state at schools where that matters at all (like UMich).

-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones

:confused:
You need to take the quote tags off.

EDIT: Sweet!

Sorry about the Wake rejection. Wake sucks for not screening you guys through.

-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo

**sigh** thought i should at least add myself

I never thought it would be me!

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

dang did allerian really get an interview at GW? I haven't heard of anyone else who has...

anyway, i've got a good feeling this week will be a good week w/ the remainder of secondaries and maybe even some invites for us.

DRKUBA said:
Is Pitt giving out automatic interviews?

Yes, but the cut off are not clear. Some have high MCAT's and less high GPA's whereas some have high GPA's and good but less spectacular MCAT's--so it seems to be a combo.

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-BTW, I'm not a TX resident in case it interests any of you non-texans who filled out the TMDSAS

I forgot that I wanted to make a comment about this thread - you all probably know this already, but the interviews that are being handed out this early are automatic based on GPA and MCAT scores. We all know that there are many applicants with great numbers but not-so-great applications, as well as those with mediocre numbers but fantastic EC's. Those invited for interviews at this point just happen to be the ones with the good numbers and may or may not have a good application.

Point is, just because you may not have an interview yet in no way indicates that something is wrong or that you won't get in. So let's not worry, all right? :)

I wouldn't say they are automatic based on numbers. Maybe some are, but my numbers aren't great.... 26 and 3.64.... I know others have much higher and haven't gotten interviews yet (Pemberly for sure). I think they must've looked at something other than numbers in my case.

But I do agree that's it WAYYYY to early for anyone to start worrying.

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

Yeah, baby, Yeah!

Let's see some more interview invites on Monday morning!! :)

jackieMD2007 said:
Yeah, baby, Yeah!

Let's see some more interview invites on Monday morning!! :)

Yeah jackie, you need to get your name on that hall of fame list. you sure deserve it!!

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

Congrats! :hardy: When did you find out from OSU? How did you find out?

Thanks! I found out last week. They emailed me and told me there was a change in my application status, and I checked and saw that they offered me an interview. :)

hlchess said:
Thanks! I found out last week. They emailed me and told me there was a change in my application status, and I checked and saw that they offered me an interview. :)

Were these automatic interviews in that they were offered at the same time as they asked you to fill out a secondary or were they offered post-secondary? Also if you don't mind sharing, what are your stats? :thumbup:

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

I submitted Pitt at midnight (they haven't received any recommendations) and was notified in the morning.

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:
---

Honestly I think the person with the GW invite is full of $hit but thats just me.

narc said:
Honestly I think the person with the GW invite is full of $hit but thats just me.

and me.

jackieMD2007 said:
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:
---

I in no way meant to offend the poster and would never want anyone to reveal something they did not want to. I was just curious and was very happy for the person posting the information! :thumbup: Pehaps we all need to lighten up a bit and not imply that someone lacks class for asking a simple, straightforward, perfectly natural question that has been asked many times before on this and similar threads. Not everyone is like Dr. E :)

Confused, my comment wasn't directed towards you, per se. I actually wasn't responding to your comment. Sorry if you thought it was personal. I was not implying that you lack class.

Rather, my fear was that people wouldn't WANT to add to the lists if they thought they were going to be bombarded with questions. My hope is that when people add to the list, that at the bottom or in the title, they will post their stats (if they don't have an MD apps link.)

:)

jackieMD2007 said:
Confused, my comment wasn't directed towards you, per se. I actually wasn't responding to your comment. Sorry if you thought it was personal. I was not implying that you lack class.

Rather, my fear was that people wouldn't WANT to add to the lists if they thought they were going to be bombarded with questions. My hope is that when people add to the list, that at the bottom or in the title, they will post their stats (if they don't have an MD apps link.)

:)

No problem. No harm, no foul. I think we are all a little twitchy with all the venom being spwed around SDN these days. :mad:

for the Pitt people:

what days do they interview? any dates in august perchance? or on weekends?

confused48 said:
No problem. No harm, no foul. I think we are all a little twitchy with all the venom being spwed around SDN these days. :mad:

I know, I know. I didn't mean to make you feel like I was calling you out.
Also things get ugly when people say that they have a 35+ and they are in the first group to get an interview---I've seen people treat them like they don't deserve what they get. Just because I didn't get a 35 on the MCAT doesn't mean I can't be incredibly excited (albeit envious!) for my colleagues that did. Our medical school classes are going to be made up of people with all kinds of scores and EC's and everything. I just thought it wouldn't kill us to try to keep it cool in here for awhile and not about the numbers.

confused48 said:
Were these automatic interviews in that they were offered at the same time as they asked you to fill out a secondary or were they offered post-secondary? Also if you don't mind sharing, what are your stats? :thumbup:

My UMich interview was automatic (at the same time as my secondary), and my OSU was post-secondary. But that might also have been automatic, since it came right after my app was processed, so I'm not sure. Here's my stats: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=5995

hlchess said:
My UMich interview was automatic (at the same time as my secondary), and my OSU was post-secondary. But that might also have been automatic, since it came right after my app was processed, so I'm not sure. Here's my stats: http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=5995
Anyone know how Mich does the automatic interviews?

hlchess said:

Thank you for sharing. :clap:
Congratulations on your interviews. I'm sure you'll be incredibly successful this cycle. :luck:

I think it's a crapshoot wherever you get an interview. Some people have high grades and MCATs and...nothing...until they get their one acceptance at Stanford. Others have 5 interviews and no acceptances, despite a great personality. We all know this, but it's hard to swallow when you are working so hard for what seems like so little. The conversations are certainly an interesting way to pass the time during my office hours in Thailand, though. Thai students don't like to speak to Americans, even if we are the lecturers...

Status
Not open for further replies.