2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remo said:
35M (11P, 11V, 13B) but I'm a non-trad and maybe Wake doesn't like non-trads!

I'm a non-trad with a 36R on the MCAT, and I got past Wake's screen on 7/21. I do have extensive teaching and research experience. I can't imagine how you didn't get through with a 35. Best of luck remo.

Members don't see this ad.

Is Ohio State providing automatic interviews? Does anyone know what the requirements are?

remo said:
35M (11P, 11V, 13B) but I'm a non-trad and maybe Wake doesn't like non-trads!

I think it's your M. That's probably what will get me screened-out, or the 9 in VR. We'll see though.

Members don't see this ad :)
How the heck are people getting GWU interview invites already? My committee letter isnt even being sent out for any premed in my uni until mid august!

add me to the Wake rejections list... got the email today...

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

-----
-----
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
University of Indiana: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS)
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26);
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

Awwww, Dancer. We heart you. Sorry about that.
But CONGRATS on the Texas interviews. You've got it!! You go girl.
Do you have total ballet feet? My roomie in college was a ballerina, too. Cool girl. Wicked feet.

Rejections for indiana are on the way huh?
Sucks

jackieMD2007 said:
Awwww, Dancer. We heart you. Sorry about that.
But CONGRATS on the Texas interviews. You've got it!! You go girl.
Do you have total ballet feet? My roomie in college was a ballerina, too. Cool girl. Wicked feet.

Yeah, my feet aren't too bad though! I stopped dancing "en pointe" when I graduated in 2004, but have been doing modern dance since. Thanks for the sympathy, Jackie! Good luck to everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Narc,
Yeah, I received the rejection notice the day after I received the post card saying that they received my application from AMCAS. I am out of state, so I really wasn't expecting much from them. I had heard a lot about the school and thought I would take a chance.

-----
-----
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26);
-----
Kindly keep me up:

I got a 37 R. I guess the R is for "rejected". And I went to an Ivy, so the comments on other threads about "Ivy=acceptance" are not true. I am a non-trad.

-----
-----
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Members don't see this ad :)
-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Combined Secondary and Interview from Vanderbilt today by snail mail!

zach1201 said:
I think it's your M. That's probably what will get me screened-out, or the 9 in VR. We'll see though.

Can't be the M, I have a 31 M and I got through...must be GPA stuff.

LuMD2011 said:

Congrats Lu!!!

Whoever got the Vanderbilt secondary/interview, congratulations! When did you get verified and when did you get the acknowledgment email from them?

LuMD2011 said:

Congratulations!
Would you put their secondary essay question(s) in the secondary essays questions thread whenever you get a chance? For those of us who are going to be running out to greet the mailman now that we've read your post. :)

For you guys that have interviews at Pritzker, did Pritzker email you that you were complete before they sent interview emails? It's annoying because I KNOW I am complete, but I haven't got the complete email.

joanofarc0907 said:
Can't be the M, I have a 31 M and I got through...must be GPA stuff.

I think they may be using a dartboard to determine who's in and who's out. :p

-----
-----
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Arghhh jackie i thought u were posting for yourself and i got mad excited!

ah well, congrats LuMD!

tennisguy896 said:
For you guys that have interviews at Pritzker, did Pritzker email you that you were complete before they sent interview emails? It's annoying because I KNOW I am complete, but I haven't got the complete email.

Yeah, they emailed me telling me I'm complete, and a week later offered me the interview. But they do take a while to process the application. I wasn't complete until several days after I submitted my secondary.

hlchess said:
Yeah, they emailed me telling me I'm complete, and a week later offered me the interview. But they do take a while to process the application. I wasn't complete until several days after I submitted my secondary.

Thanks for the info hlchess- I just got the complete email a little while ago.

SeminoleFan3 said:
Whoever got the Vanderbilt secondary/interview, congratulations! When did you get verified and when did you get the acknowledgment email from them?

I received an email from them on July 20th saying that I was complete there. The interview came in the mail yesterday (7.26) dated (7.24).

Here are the secondary questions:

Write a brief autobiography. As completely and precisely as possible, give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important in you. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or have been doing since graduation. You may either upload a file from your computer or type your statement in the space provided. (2000 word limit)

In addition to preparing you to be an excellent physician, Vanderbilt is committed to educating leaders and scholars in clinical practice, basic research, clinical research, education, and health policy. Describe any skills or experiences that have prepared you for one or more of these broader missions. You may either upload a file from your computer or type your statement in the space provided. (500 word limit)

Discuss the scholarly work or research you have done of which you are most proud. What did you find? What might be the consequences of your work? (500 word limit)

Thanks for all the congrats and good luck to those waiting for their mailmen. :D

Forgot to include AMCAS verified: 07.05

Anastasis said:
I got a "you're complete" email on the 20th as well. Here's hoping! :D

I did as well! This could get interesting.
:luck: Ana!

jackieMD2007 said:
Me three! Good luck Girls! :)

Is the email that you folks received on the 20th from Vandy what is referred to in Jackie's Secondaries thread as an "acknowledgement" from Vandy? Or did you get the secondary before that and return it with letters leading to the "complete" email on the 20th? If so it seems odd that the secondary invites would not have ben posted on the other thread.... Or was the July 20th email really a "got all your Amcas stuff and scores" email? Maybe some schools have different ideas regarding what "complete" means?

confused48 said:
Is the email that you folks received on the 20th from Vandy what is referred to in Jackie's Secondaries thread as an "acknowledgement" from Vandy? Or did you get the secondary before that and return it with letters leading to the "complete" email on the 20th? If so it seems odd that the secondary invites would not have ben posted on the other thread.... Or was the July 20th email really a "got all your Amcas stuff and scores" email? Maybe some schools have different ideas regarding what "complete" means?
My Vandy email was a "we got all your stuff from AMCAS and you'll be hearing from us shortly" email - no 2ndary yet

Is wake forest accepting anybody? Wow. Glad I did not apply there...
to all who got the axe, at least you're in good company :) Hang in there

confused48 said:

Me, Pemb and Anastasis are talking about Pritzker's file complete email. It means we are ready for review at Pritzker (they have secondary, payment and all LOR needed). :luck:

Vanderbilt is just sending out acknowledgements at this point, to the best of our knowledge.

jackieMD2007 said:
Me, Pemb and Anastasis are talking about Pritzker's file complete email. It means we are ready for review at Pritzker (they have secondary, payment and all LOR needed). :luck:

Vanderbilt is just sending out acknowledgements at this point, to the best of our knowledge.
Actually I was talking about Vandy :laugh:

LuMD- I'm guessing the "complete" email you got meant your file had finished being reviewed by 3 adcomm folks? Thanks for clearing things up.

Anastasis said:
Actually I was talking about Vandy :laugh:

Thanks for the clarifications! However, this probably points out the need to be specific in your posts so that we know which school is which. :laugh:

Thanks! :luck:

confused48 said:
Thanks for the clarifications! However, this probably points out the need to be specific in your posts so that we know which school is which. :laugh:

Thanks! :luck:

But we still don't know what we mean by the "complete email" from Vandy. I got an "acknowledgement" email from Vandy on the 20th too. I am sooo confused :laugh: .

tennisguy896 said:
But we still don't know what we mean by the "complete email" from Vandy. I got an "acknowledgement" email from Vandy on the 20th too. I am sooo confused :laugh: .

As stated above by Anastasis: My Vandy email was a "we got all your stuff from AMCAS and you'll be hearing from us shortly" email - no 2ndary yet. :thumbup:

Caristra said:
Is wake forest accepting anybody? Wow. Glad I did not apply there...
to all who got the axe, at least you're in good company :) Hang in there
Somehow I got the secondary. No idea how I passed their screening considering the folks who did not. I certainly don't have awesome numbers.
Interestingly, they want SAT scores (like Jefferson). It was optional with Jeff, so I didn't track 'em down, but now I think I have to. Hopefully my high school still has them. I took them in 1992. Bates College didn't require them, so they won't be on my record from there. SAT website didn't go back that far. Suggestions?

confused48 said:
As stated above by Anastasis: My Vandy email was a "we got all your stuff from AMCAS and you'll be hearing from us shortly" email - no 2ndary yet. :thumbup:

Ahhhh, so I guess that's what meant LuMD meant too by "complete"? I hope, that means Vandy is really on the ball. :thumbup:

What the heck does Pritzker mean that we will be notified of interviews by "surface mail." I think people here have been notified by email, but who says surface mail instead of email?

danjo said:
I think they may be using a dartboard to determine who's in and who's out. :p

I would NOT be surprised haha :laugh:

tennisguy896 said:
What the heck does Pritzker mean that we will be notified of interviews by "surface mail." I think people here have been notified by email, but who says surface mail instead of email?

Surface mail is snail mail. I want to say that last year they emailed AND sent a letter, but I don't remember exactly.

-----
-----
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088 (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011 (Combined interview/secondary by mail)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

sandros1 said:
Somehow I got the secondary. No idea how I passed their screening considering the folks who did not. I certainly don't have awesome numbers.
Interestingly, they want SAT scores (like Jefferson). It was optional with Jeff, so I didn't track 'em down, but now I think I have to. Hopefully my high school still has them. I took them in 1992. Bates College didn't require them, so they won't be on my record from there. SAT website didn't go back that far. Suggestions?

For really old scores you have to call the college board and request it that way. hey charge extra for older scores to be sent out. There should be a number on the SAT website. When in dout, its always best to call. Plus what can they do to you if they get annoyed? refuse to send SAT scores to undergraduate schools? not a big deal. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.