** The Official "No Interviews" Venting Thread 2013-2014 **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElPedorro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's in this boat with me? I know it's early, but when I see people with two or three interviews rack up ANOTHER, I'm like

:boom::boom::boom:

Vent with me!

(I'm not really that angry - the exploding head is for dramatics and hyperbole.....)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm 4th & 5th batch, and have been struggling to sleep. I'm so anxious... this is my 2nd time applying, and will need to retake my DAT if i don't get in this semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anxiety-Girl.bmp

Guys, this process is outrageously nerve-wracking and is probably giving all of us a few gray hairs. However, it will work out in the end.

If you're feeling down, go google "best Vine compilation." I've been watching some Vines lately to occupy my free time and they are HYSTERICAL. :laugh:

Thank you for making this. Can I vent about the people venting about not getting interviews in every thread?
That is deemed an acceptable venting topic, feel free to proceed.

I would even settle for getting an email response for the rejections.

Yea this is one of the most stress inducing experiences of my life. Almost comparable to taking the DAT

I'm 4th & 5th batch, and have been struggling to sleep. I'm so anxious... this is my 2nd time applying, and will need to retake my DAT if i don't get in this semester.

Hold up, here. Second time applying? What did you change since last cycle? Hinting at a retake if you don't get in this time suggest you didn't do that. Did you do some major coursework or a masters or something? Did you apply to too little schools last time? Did you apply too late last time? I'm not sure why you're in the 4th or 5th batch this time. Second time around, you should have been ready to go on the day the application opened. Not that 4th or 5th is late, just seems odd.

I'm not singling you out to mock you or anything. I'm just a little concerned you haven't dotted your i's and crossed your t's somewhere and hope everything is tidy for this cycle. The fact that you also made a little judgement error on what you put under extracurriculars after seeing the application before is also a little odd. Again, this isn't to mock. I'm just seeing rookie mistakes from a veteran.

No interviews for me either! I submitted to the AADSAS the 2nd week in July, but one of my evaluators didn't submit until 8/2 - so I'm using that fact to justify the reason I've had no interviews :) It's hard not to throw a pity party every time my mailbox has only bills and my email is full of junk emails

Hey, I'm in this boat too haha. Lol'd at your post Glimmer :p

BTW, where do people get all these cool extra smileys like exploding heads!?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Get angry from no interview invitations.
2. Vent and play World of Tanks.
3. ???
4. PROFIT.

Hmm...I don't really care much. I guess it sucks having to fill out TMDSAS and AADSAS.

Add me into this group! Playing the waiting game.... Nervous!

hey if you applied early to a school but haven't heard from them since, but other people who applied the same time or even latter have gotten interviews, does that mean they have already passed you over and you'll NEVER get an interview ???

hey if you applied early to a school but haven't heard from them since, but other people who applied the same time or even latter have gotten interviews, does that mean they have already passed you over and you'll NEVER get an interview ???

Nobody knows, but there's a good possibility and reason for that being the case.

Everyone should stop stressing because it's way too early to freak out! :D

I happen to know that one school I applied to normal has sent out secondaries by now and they haven't sent any out yet for this cycle. Why? Because they are going all paperless and things take a little longer when you're switching to a new system! It's not a reflection on the applicants, and not every school has the same timeline or the same amount of staff.

If you felt confident in your application when you hit submit, not having an interview yet shouldn't freak you out. And yeah, what do I know, I already have an interview? But seriously, stressing at this point is not productive.

If you are the type of person who had trouble relaxing, I highly recommend the Lotus Wheel guided meditations by Kim Cope Tait. In particular the Muladhara Chakra Meditation is good for stress, I listened to it a bunch before my DAT. I think it's like $2 on CDbaby

Thanks athomas!
I will definitely look into it!

No, it doesn't mean that at all.

From what i'm seeing the applicant's files are placed in groups depending on the DAT/GPA. Then adcoms start from the best and make their way to the bottom and send invites to people as they get to them. If you have mid-range stats then your application pool might not have been looked at yet.

Don't worry guys, it's real early in the cycle. I didn't get my first invite til mid september and I did just fine. Just keep your mind off of it and the emails will start trickling in.

Don't worry guys, it's real early in the cycle. I didn't get my first invite til mid september and I did just fine. Just keep your mind off of it and the emails will start trickling in.
Thanks Cyron for your advice! :)

lol
I'm anxious too, but I'm more anxious to get a damn job so that I don't waste an entire year! :cool:

Get out of the house and enjoy your remaining summer days!

Pick up hard drugs. I hear you stop caring about a lot of things when you start doing those. :laugh:

Or go to Washington or Colorado and pick up some MJ. I hear it's very soothing. Haha
Might get the munchies though. You have been warned.

Second time around, you should have been ready to go on the day the application opened. Not that 4th or 5th is late
9cfbY

When is the time to start panicking? If I dont get an interview by November/December?

When is the time to start panicking? If I dont get an interview by November/December?

Yup, thats what I keep hearing from people. You can semi-panic in October

Okay, I think I need to join this thread now. I am so nervous, I checked my email every hours, SDN website all day long. This is such a burden on one's mind. I have been waiting patiently but somehow I get a feeling that I wont get anything this cycle. I applied last cycle too without any interviews. After 1 year of academic update, I applied again this year....but anyway, just want to vent....
Average stat, average gpa!

It's been almost a month my application was mailed out!! so far, no interviews
OMG, i keep checking emails 1000x a day and get a relief when my mailbox is empty
( no rejections yet)!! I dont know if :) :mad: or:confused:

I applied third batch, 1 rejection and 11 no responses two months later. If I went to AC with my app fees, I would have better luck.

Typically they don't email rejections, you get them through snail mail. And considering with all the app fees that is provided, a simple "no" email would be in an order.

Last edited:
They should accept us all! What is the statistic... for every 5 dentists who retire only 3 new dentists replace them. Country in crisis people, necessary measures should be taken! :)

It's wayyyyy too early to get freaked out by no interviews.

I hate this wait game ...:(

oGPA- 4.07 (3.98)
bcpGPA- 4.12 (4.00)
DAT 24 AA/ 23 TS/ 22 PAT/30 QR/ 25 RC

Applied: UPenn, Columbia, NYU, Boston, UoP, Pitts, Mich, UCSF, Case

Interview: none yet

Wow sick stats. Unless theres a red flag the size of Texas you should have the school of your choice.

I think I shot myself in the foot here. no interviews yet. (again)

Backstory: Earned a BA in a social science, worked for a decade, took the last 18 months (3 semesters) at a CC to do all science prereqs & also took physio & biochem @ a 4 year. Applied way late last cycle October - December by the time all the supplementals were in - my timing sucked but figured it was worth it if I could save a year. Unsurprisingly didnt get a single interview. In the last 8 months beefed up volunteer, shadowing hours, finished prereqs & became a dental assistant. For this round I was 3rd batch AADSAS ~ I know I know reapplicant should have been 1st batch, my bad.

AADSAS GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT #1 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/17/21/23/yes-Ochem self taught
DAT# 2 (after I actually took Ochem1) : 19/19/22/20/No

So here I am. apps to 15 schools (again) and no interviews. slightly irked that 4th batchers are already posting on the interview thread with similar stats. I think I screwed up taking the city college route but it legitimately saved me $20,000 in tuition. I'm fine with debt for a dds/dmd but not so much for pre-reqs and maybe thats my downfall or the crappy (low teens) Ochem score from the 1st DAT attempt.

Thanks for letting me vent. feeling better- its still only August. Its still only August. Its still only August.

All the best & good luck to the rest of you, especially the returning students/career switchers.

Last edited:
They should accept us all! What is the statistic... for every 5 dentists who retire only 3 new dentists replace them. Country in crisis people, necessary measures should be taken! :)

Do you mind linking where you got this from?

I think we should take all our dental application problems and push them somewhere else.

But seriously, the waiting game is killing me too. I applied to 15 schools and I still haven't gotten a single interview yet.