** The Official "No Interviews" Venting Thread 2013-2014 **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when do we call the schools to ask about the status of our applications?

Or is it not wise at all to even call the schools about it?

Members don't see this ad.

keep your hopes up everyone. I had 0 interview invites 10 days ago...

now I have 6.

that's how thugs do

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting a little worried. I interviewed at my state school (MUSC) last year, but did not get accepted. They told
me later that the only thing they could find that could have kept me from getting accepted was my DAT score. So I retook that September 4th and pulled it up from a 18AA / 17 PAT to a 20 AA / 21 TS / 23 PAT. They said my interviews went very well. I've also done some volunteer work, more shadowing, and continued working in an oral surgeon's office since last cycle. But I haven't gotten invited for an interview yet this cycle. My oGPA is 3.81 and sciGPA is 3.76.

Ahhhhh trying my best to be patient, but I'm getting worried.

I am going to officially excuse myself from this thread.

There IS hope everyone.

Ahhh

My stat is
23AA/TS 21 Bio 25 g.Chem 29 o.Chem 21 PAT 25 QR 16RC
BCP 3.81
S. gpa 3.82
O. gpa 3.86
Residency: NY
Applied 4 schools( Havard, Columbi, Upenn, StonyBrook) and My application was mailed on 8/30.
I got nothing, yet. I think I was crazy that I didn't apply to other schools. I'm really nervous now and don't know what to do after I would be rejected from those schools.

Ahhh

My stat is
23AA/TS 21 Bio 25 g.Chem 29 o.Chem 21 PAT 25 QR 16RC
BCP 3.81
S. gpa 3.82
O. gpa 3.86
Residency: NY
Applied 4 schools( Havard, Columbi, Upenn, StonyBrook) and My application was mailed on 8/30.
I got nothing, yet. I think I was crazy that I didn't apply to other schools. I'm really nervous now and don't know what to do after I would be rejected from those schools.

Heck you are a shoe in for all fo them with those scores. RC might be important for them but I'd say you pretty much killed it.

I've heard literally nothing =/

3.2 GPA, 3.0 science, lots of shadowing and decent volunteering hours. I know my GPA is below average but I was hoping my DAT would make up for it.

22 AA/21 TS/19 PAT

I mean I've heard that hearing nothing is better than getting rejected, which is true, but I'm really starting to get worried.

I've heard literally nothing =/

3.2 GPA, 3.0 science, lots of shadowing and decent volunteering hours. I know my GPA is below average but I was hoping my DAT would make up for it.

22 AA/21 TS/19 PAT

I mean I've heard that hearing nothing is better than getting rejected, which is true, but I'm really starting to get worried.

Ugh I feel ya! VERY similar stats.

I'm really stressed out at this point. I have 3 so far, but I feel like I need one or two more to really seal the deal. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL :mad:

I'm really stressed out at this point. I have 3 so far, but I feel like I need one or two more to really seal the deal. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL :mad:

Read the title of the damn thread, you are here stressed over 3 interviews, while the rest of us have zero. "Hey why don't I post in this thread to rub it in peoples faces??" go play in traffic.

Read the title of the damn thread, you are here stressed over 3 interviews, while the rest of us have zero. "Hey why don't I post in this thread to rub it in peoples faces??" go play in traffic.

The clown is prevet..obviously a troll

Members don't see this ad :)
^I used to be prevet. but one day I decided to take the DAT just to see how it turns out. never really fully dedicated. But I happened to have gotten interviews without much effort. burn.

^I used to be prevet. but one day I decided to take the DAT just to see how it turns out. never really fully dedicated. But I happened to have gotten interviews without much effort. burn.
Nice, good on you. So the point in you posting in this thread is..?

Reactions: 1 user

Such ignorant comment! You think dentistry is a joke that you can have fun with it the way you want??? I think you are a kid, and you need to grow up. Life is not only about how high your 1 test score is ( in this case I doubt your DAT is legit). It is about how you carry yourself and value what is good for you. Think about my comment. SDN community is the best place for adults who want to make commitments in life. You are not worth the fight for any of us here. I am glad you are banned from this community.

Troll.

I knew my scores weren't super competitive so I sent everything in by early july and applied to 25 schools (YA, 25!). Ive been reading this site for awhile and decided it was time to participate.

DAT: 19AA, 19PAT, 18TS, 21QR, 21RC (took after sophomore year)
Science: 2.9 Overall: 3.3

Held a job throughout college (5-20 hours a week during classes), upward trend from year to year, studied abroad

Rejected from Nova, Deferred from Iowa (so rejection), no word from other 23 and its been 3 monthssss

Also for those who have zero interview my suggestion is apply to another school, hopefully one that has a large class size if you truly want to get in this cycle. I see a lot of students apply to a small amount of schools hoping to get in, this limits the interview pool for you.

I wrote here about two weeks ago ! I was so afraid that i wouldn't receive an interview offer.

and now i'm updating you guys that I received an interview offer.

MORAL OF THE STORY: THERE IS HOPE ! :)

I wrote here about two weeks ago ! I was so afraid that i wouldn't receive an interview offer.

and now i'm updating you guys that I received an interview offer.

MORAL OF THE STORY: THERE IS HOPE ! :)

lol you mean there is hope for those who got an interview. It just leaves the rest of the people here feeling worse.

NO INTERVIEWWW. I'm so pissed off that it makes me want to laugh.

All this waiting has made my life turn into one huge anxiety attack. So not looking forward to doing this whole thing over again next cycle. AHHHHHH.

NO INTERVIEW WW. I'm so pissed off that it makes me want to laugh.

All this waiting has made my life turn into one huge anxiety attack. So not looking forward to doing this whole thing over again next cycle. AHHHHHH.
keep your head up! i applied in the second batch and I barely got my first interview last week! I had pretty much given up hop...but it will come...some schools interview up until April.