AMCAS take on Course Classifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PDsquash83

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called up AMCAS and they said that for designations of courses ~ they generally take the student's word for the classification. I.e. if you had a bionengineering class, you would determine if it leaned towards more biology or more engineering. However, blatant misclassifications will be corrected.

Did you guys hear the same thing?
 
PDsquash83 said:
Just called up AMCAS and they said that for designations of courses ~ they generally take the student's word for the classification. I.e. if you had a bionengineering class, you would determine if it leaned towards more biology or more engineering. However, blatant misclassifications will be corrected.

Did you guys hear the same thing?

ta for the head's up.
that's brilliant news.
means my pathophysiology and tox courses will count as BCPM.
thanks. 🙂
 
sheepunite said:
ta for the head's up.
that's brilliant news.
means my pathophysiology and tox courses will count as BCPM.
thanks. 🙂

I think it is good news...but as always take with a grain of salt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I put some engineering courses in BCPM and some in Engineering. None were changed by AMCAS. Incidentally, I put all my EE courses in BCPM. My application went right through with no delays.
 
I hope they take our word for it. I really think that some of my psych classes would count as BCPM (such as Physiological Psych) since it's more neuroscience but we don't have a neuroscience department. I do think that if I would have done poorly in them that I would have counted them as psych so it's not on the BCPM. :meanie:
 
shantster said:
I hope they take our word for it. I really think that some of my psych classes would count as BCPM (such as Physiological Psych) since it's more neuroscience but we don't have a neuroscience department. I do think that if I would have done poorly in them that I would have counted them as psych so it's not on the BCPM. :meanie:

Yea, I took physiological psych and psychopharm and was wondering if I should/could count them in BCPM...hmmm