Which schools have Academic Forgiveness??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eritrawit

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know schools that give academic forgiveness besides USN ? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Colorado at Boulder but not University of Colorado at Denver.

What's up Eritrawit..noticed your name and just wanted to say hello. I am also an Eritrean pursuing pharmacy school. If you get a chance, email me and say hello. Would be nice to meet other Eritreans in the same boat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eritrawit said:
Does anyone know schools that give academic forgiveness besides USN ? Thanks.

what is academic forgiveness? is that where they only look at teh last 2 semesters of your transcripts and don't take the previous bad semesters into much consideration?

PharmMnM said:
what is academic forgiveness? is that where they only look at teh last 2 semesters of your transcripts and don't take the previous bad semesters into much consideration?

good question...im wondering the same thing...hmm...

ttran01 said:
good question...im wondering the same thing...hmm...
Generally, academic forgiveness is where a school will take the higher grade from a repeated course, instead of averaging the two(or more) grades, in order to figure out your application GPA. UMKC is another School that will do this.

farmskool said:
Generally, academic forgiveness is where a school will take the higher grade from a repeated course, instead of averaging the two(or more) grades, in order to figure out your application GPA. UMKC is another School that will do this.

only a few schools do this??????? I thought a majority of them do??
ok now im really screwed then.

PharmMnM said:
only a few schools do this??????? I thought a majority of them do??
ok now im really screwed then.

i don't really know of many schools that do this. at least for pre-pharm direct acceptance.

Actually, academic forgiveness at USN means that they'll only take your grades from the last 5 years instead of your overall college years. Helps those out that messed up when we were young and foolish :laugh:

If Academic Forgiveness is not offered at many schools, then why are so many people recommending that a class be repeated if it was passed with a C? So say it was passed with an A the second time around, the GPA would still average to a B, which doesn't help much for those that have 3.0 averages right?