Low Stats anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

collegegirl247

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has been recently accepted to a pharmacy school that does not have a 4.0 and a 98 on the pcat?? I would be interested if anyone has a 3.3 gpa or below or a pcat score below 75 that was accepted... Just wondering, thanks!!

This is my first year applying and my stats aren't great... I'm wondering if I have any chance!! So far I have gotten 1 rejection and 1 interview invitation.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted last year from a CC with a 3.7 GPA and a 63 PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not True. My GPA is 3.18 with a 95 PCAT. I applied to 8 schools:

Rejected: UCSD
Accpted: U Michigan, MW CPG
Interviews: UCSF, MW CCP, U Maryland, Mercer
On hold: UOP

If I can do it with my less than stellar GPA, you can too! Don't give up hope :luck:

If I can do it with my less than stellar GPA, you can too! Don't give up hope :luck:

ooh, UMICH. are u in-state or out of state??

You must be mistaken. It's impossible to get in without a 4.0 and a 98+. Schools laugh at anyone trying to get in with subpar stats.

You must be mistaken. It's impossible to get in without a 4.0 and a 98+. Schools laugh at anyone trying to get in with subpar stats.

Actually I have gotten 12 emails from students who have gotten into pharm school with low stats. One of which with a 2.7 gpa and a 55pcat...so I must say that you are wrong!!!

I may be subpar....but atleast I do not have a subpar attitude.

Actually I have gotten 12 emails from students who have gotten into pharm school with low stats. One of which with a 2.7 gpa and a 55pcat...so I must say that you are wrong!!!

I may be subpar....but atleast I do not have a subpar attitude.

Uuuummm. Yeah. He was being sarcastic. :laugh:

Those are some good schools, did you have lots of pharmacy experience?

id like to know too.. email me if you want to share. itll make me a little more confident. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into UNC Chapel Hill's Pharmacy school with a 3.3 gpa and a 97 pcat.

I only applied there.

uh, no I'm not. My "dumb," subpar ass has already gotten into 2 schools and received 5 interviews, so unless the faculty was laughing at me as they signed the admission/interview offer letters, then you're wrong. And, I did my undergrad at Berkeley which is probably the same as a 4.0 at whatever crap school tried to teach you a thing or two.

Sorry everyone, I just know that there is hope for people like me and don't appreciate rude comments.

Hey! Don't pick on her! I have a crappy science GPA 3.1 (overall GPA 3.4) and I got into Michigan out of state
Interviewed: UCSF, UCSD, UNC Chapel Hill, UMBaltimore, UWisconsin Madison, Colorado, and USC
Rejected:UCSD
Accepted: Michigan (only one I heard from thus far)

OK, do you see that? School should be taken into consideration, and rightfully so.

Here is the other thing. I go to a school where the undergrad is quite easy, the masters is harder, and then the PHD courses are many, many times harder, because the expectations go higher. So level can change even within the same university as you go higher in the degrees and international students are brought in from other places, some coming from the top schools in their country. And if somewhere major like China or India, the top school there is about the same or maybe even better than the top schools in the US.

And many of my classmates are from China. And guess what, there are several bright people that have had a low score in an undergrad class there, and one who even failed a class.

So, I think that there are too many different grading systems, and the PCAT is the only way to standardize everything.

Evilolive, where is your undergrad by the way?

A top-tiered school with a TOUGH grading system, like a Johns Hopkins or Georgia Tech, simply has to be taken in a different context.

That is my point.

uh, no I'm not. My "dumb," subpar ass has already gotten into 2 schools and received 5 interviews, so unless the faculty was laughing at me as they signed the admission/interview offer letters, then you're wrong.

I'm sure they just sent the envelope to the wrong person. It's impossible to get into any pharmschool without the 4.0 and 99. Impossible. I know from experience.

Hey there the imperial frog dude! Play nice man to the lady!!
I agree that high stat like 4.0gpa nad 90+ PCAT will give you more chances. That does not mean it will 100% guarantee you a spot in pharm school. Frankly, schools judging people based on grades are idiots and should be egged :D :smuggrin: I know a dude with 97 PCAT and 4.0 gpa, but no experiences in pharm and truely a bookworm that got rejected by Mercer. Meanwhile, average Joe with jolly personality and experiences calmly walks into the program!

I'm sure they just sent the envelope to the wrong person. It's impossible to get into any pharmschool without the 4.0 and 99. Impossible. I know from experience.

:laugh: whatever, I'm done arguing with you. I got in without meeting your ridiculous claims and that's all that matters. If you truly believe what you say, then good luck getting in:luck:

Nah, not impossible. Like you said you just have to get lucky that they send the admissions letter to the wrong person. You ever find out the name of the person who was suppose to receive your admissions letter?

After years of seeing posts with the same subject, some members tend to become sarcastic. Obviously, people have been accepted to school without a 4.0GPA and a 99 PCAT. I only had a 3.9 and a 98.:D

If you have lots of experience, community services, etc you can overcome bad stats with some schools.

Pre-pharmers are a little tense these days. :laugh:

go to this site: http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=1357&DID=7724

They have statistics that was for the 2006 entering class. According to this data the composite pcat of people offered at least one acceptance was 69. If you look at the GPA stats the average cumulative GPA for people accepted into at least one school was 3.48. I don't believe that the statistics will change very much for the 2007 entering class. For the ones worried about their stats, you don't have to have a pcat in the 90's to be accepted.

go to this site: http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=1357&DID=7724

They have statistics that was for the 2006 entering class. According to this data the composite pcat of people offered at least one acceptance was 69. If you look at the GPA stats the average cumulative GPA for people accepted into at least one school was 3.48. I don't believe that the statistics will change very much for the 2007 entering class. For the ones worried about their stats, you don't have to have a pcat in the 90's to be accepted.

*** Table includes ALL PCAT test scores received into calculations. Therefore, average PCAT scores for accepted applicants may be lower than expected. Pharmacy instituitons may consider the highest, most recent, or an average PCAT in the admissions process.

Some people might take the test 3,4 times, but the school in which they get accepted only take their HIGHEST score. But Pharmcas calculates all the PCAT scores, that is the reason why the average is low.

Thanks this is an excellent site!!

You know the whole sarcasm on this thread came about because of the way you asked the question to start with.......right??

I asked a question...I wanted honest and mature answers...guess not everybody on this site can handle that...well for those of you who have nothing better to do with your time...you should consider facebook or myspace to bother people.

ummm... if you know from experience meaning this is you...i'm sorry to say, but you must be doing something wrong at your interviews or personal statement etc...i know lots of people who got in with less than that of a GPA and PCAT score

I asked a question...I wanted honest and mature answers...guess not everybody on this site can handle that...well for those of you who have nothing better to do with your time...you should consider facebook or myspace to bother people.

Nah, this place is much better.

Did you interview at Michigan? How was it?

Did you interview at Michigan? How was it?

No, they actually didn't require an interview. I think they only require interviews for applicants they're not sure about/need to know more about before making a decision.

:laugh: whatever, I'm done arguing with you. I got in without meeting your ridiculous claims and that's all that matters. If you truly believe what you say, then good luck getting in:luck:

Umm, yeah. Imperial Frog is a P3 at UF. Been there, done that.
I am a P1 that got in with a 3.19/93. It happens.

Sarcasm: it's what's for dinner.

No, they actually didn't require an interview. I think they only require interviews for applicants they're not sure about/need to know more about before making a decision.

Wow, I thought U Mich required interviews. Thanks.

i have a 3.6 and a 78% on pcats. i got into wayne university.. so definately can happen.

i had a b.s. (barely) in "biochemical whatever" from suny-buffalo, 3 years pharmacy experience, 82 on the pcat.

pharmcas stats: 2.62 undergrad gpa, 3.63 grad gpa (MS Pharmacology, but no degree), overall gpa: 2.67, overall science gpa: 2.5

great LORs, good interview, winning smile.

accepted at campbell for fall '07.

i had a b.s. (barely) in "biochemical whatever" from suny-buffalo, 3 years pharmacy experience, 82 on the pcat.

pharmcas stats: 2.62 undergrad gpa, 3.63 grad gpa (MS Pharmacology, but no degree), overall gpa: 2.67, overall science gpa: 2.5

Campbell likes people like you (unique stats). It's good that they looked at everything instead of just GPA!!! They sometimes accept people with really really low GPA, and sometimes reject people with high GPA. It's hard to guess with Campbell.

Campbell likes people like you (unique stats). It's good that they looked at everything instead of just GPA!!! They sometimes accept people with really really low GPA, and sometimes reject people with high GPA. It's hard to guess with Campbell.

Somebody with 3.6 in graduate level courses especially in pharmacology, i would not consider it as low stat. This 3.6 should shadow the undergrad gpa of 2.6. thats what happened and campbell acknowledged it. Predicting future with the past is not a theory.

Somebody with 3.6 in graduate level courses especially in pharmacology, i would not consider it as low stat. This 3.6 should shadow the undergrad gpa of 2.6. thats what happened and campbell acknowledged it. Predicting future with the past is not a theory.

He also mentioned that even though he took SOME graduate courses, he doesn't have a degree, so there aren't that many courses that he took to offset the undergrad GPA. 4 years of bad grades does not offset with just a few quarters of good grades. While I agree with you on "predicting future with the post is not a theory", but I can assure you that if given a chance, those students with bad GPA can do extremely well in those graduate pharmacology courses too if that would guarantee them acceptance.

Is there anyone who has been recently accepted to a pharmacy school that does not have a 4.0 and a 98 on the pcat?? I would be interested if anyone has a 3.3 gpa or below or a pcat score below 75 that was accepted... Just wondering, thanks!!

This is my first year applying and my stats aren't great... I'm wondering if I have any chance!! So far I have gotten 1 rejection and 1 interview invitation.

I got in with a 3.4 this year

Hey- I'm from Buffalo... small world

So what you are saying is that after urdergrad you took some masters courses to up your grades???

not so much to increase my GPA, but more importantly show competency in difficult pharmacy school courses.

where at in buffalo?

not so much to increase my GPA, but more importantly show competency in difficult pharmacy school courses.

where at in buffalo?

I am really hoping that I get in for next year, and if not... then I will have to make the big decision for what back up plan I go with!!!
p.s. I am from Alden (the smallest town ever- near depew, lancaster, clarence etc)

I got in with a 3.4 this year

What school did you get accepted to, if you don't mind that I ask. I am planning on applying again this summer and have the same gpa as you.