nothing from howard or meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sehrmoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys... i have heard absolutely nothing from meharry or howard yet... my app is complete at both schools.. anyone had interviews granted yet??? I am just praying to GOD that I get into any of these schools.... i m getting worried now....

Members don't see this ad.

My application was completed last month at Meharry. They said I have to wait for two months, and they'll have an answer for me by then. So, just be patient. :cool:

How do you know if your app is complete at howard??? They say not to contact them, and they do not update on AADSAS??? I sent them my M.O in early August, but have heard nothing from them since:(:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Shurmanmurman, ProHeartBreaker, and serhoom

I have a few questions for you guys since you've applied to howard and meharry:
1. Did you guys visit the schools?
2. are you guys minority students?
3. why howard/ meharry?

I'm an undergrad at Univ. Toronto in Canada and I'm interested in these dental schools myself. Any help would be great.

Good luck with your apps : )

How do you know if your app is complete at howard??? They say not to contact them, and they do not update on AADSAS??? I sent them my M.O in early August, but have heard nothing from them since:(:(

they sent me a letter saying it was complete and that i shouldn't contact them.

meharry did the same thing...they also update aadsas and mine says in review w/ the admissions committee.
-ld

I have the samething from howard... app complete email and that i should not contact them

Meharry, app complete email + status on AADSAS "Application Complete".. mine does not say under review of anything...

litldime: when did you apply to Meharry? I am thinking if you applied earlier than me, they prolly got to your app now and mine a bit later this week or next week, maybe.

thanks

I have the samething from howard... app complete email and that i should not contact them

Meharry, app complete email + status on AADSAS "Application Complete".. mine does not say under review of anything...

litldime: when did you apply to Meharry? I am thinking if you applied earlier than me, they prolly got to your app now and mine a bit later this week or next week, maybe.

thanks

applied in june
-ld

thanks

I called Howard today (and on a number of occasions). The people are really nice if you 'carefully' approach how you ask them about your application.

yea i agree... you have to be really careful as to how you phrase your questions for them. the lady is really nice sometimes but sometimes she gets upset.. understandable cuz there are probably thousands of ppl calling them and asking same qs.

i think meharry and howard are being considerably LATE in granting interviews...look at other schools.. so many have already sent their interview invites. anyways, lets just sit back and Pray to God that I get an interview and an acceptance to dental by this December 2007:).

So, if I sent my money in August, should I give them a little more time before I call and "carefully" ask them if my file is complete? :(

So, if I sent my money in August, should I give them a little more time before I call and "carefully" ask them if my file is complete? :(

I sent my official bank cheque sometime in Sept. and when I called she said they had it and that my application was complete and ready for review.

what really sucks is that my bank does not offer a way to track cashier checks.

what really sucks is that my bank does not offer a way to track cashier checks.[/quote]

Ditto, I left a message today and if they don't call me tomorrow, I will call on friday! Hopefully interview invites will go out soon

hi guyz....if u get a chance be sure to check out pre-dents....I went to howard and meharry's page from last year. applicants were interviewd around Nov. I think I only saw 2-3 that was in late October

Members don't see this ad :)
My status for Meharry under AADSAS just changed from "missing documents" to "All documents received"....I guess they're reviewing at this point. Anyone's status change to "invited for interview"? Perhaps some of us will hopefully get some interviews soon???

My status for Meharry under AADSAS just changed from "missing documents" to "All documents received"....I guess they're reviewing at this point. Anyone's status change to "invited for interview"? Perhaps some of us will hopefully get some interviews soon???

mine changed from "all documents received" to "Dental committee reviewing applicant's file"

mine also changed to "received/under review". Lets pray that changes to Invited for interview soon.

mine's been saying "Dental Admissions Committee is reveiewing applicant's file."..yes with the obvious misspelling.haha

my AADSAS statuses at Meharry changed to "invited for Interview" yesterday, but I have not gotten any official email from them yet...I guess I should be expecting one soon.

my AADSAS statuses at Meharry changed to "invited for Interview" yesterday, but I have not gotten any official email from them yet...I guess I should be expecting one soon.

Congrats!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):):):) Would you mine sharing your stats???
Also when did you submit everything to them, and should I expect my status to change soon if it says "admissions committee is reviewing applicants file?" Thanks

oh this is it... i guess i dint get an interview there either.. im sooo saddddd now.

congrats shayan4cal.

just changed to " invited for interview"
no e-mail , nothing in the mailbox yet.

congratssss... when did ur app get mailed out???

Thanks for the congrads,,my file was completed in August. Since then, my status was "file under review". My DAT is AA19/TS20/PAT/21. Science and Overall GPA 3.15.
I should say that I interviewed at Meharry 2 years ago with DAT AA17/TS18/PAT19 in Nov, but I got waitlisted and never got in. Last year I applied and got rejected (perhaps due to a very very low RC score). I took the DAT for the third time, and got the above scores.
For Meharry, it's still too early to lose hope. I remember, they interviewed until April and give their candidates equal chance. Early interview does not mean higher chance for admissions.
And also, I noticed that their student body is very diverse. The candidates at my interview were all from different ethnicities. Hope that helped. Good Luck

my app was submitted to AADSAS on may 16th
sent to schools on june 18th.

oh this is it... i guess i dint get an interview there either.. im sooo saddddd now.

congrats shayan4cal.

Sehrmoon, you may not have been invited yet..... but maybe next week they will update it? Keep hope alive, I know I am!!!!:)

Meharry sent me a package today by snail mail

they offered me 3 dates. 10/31. 11/9/ 11/16

hope plane tickets aren't too expensive.

I tried to call howard today and as soon as the lady answered the phone, I told her I had a couple questions and she immediately told me she would have a counselor call me. I just wanted to ask her if Howard has received my check, but I really couldn't get much in besides a number so the counselor could call me back (although no one has)

Does anyone have an email of someone there? I tried to search the website but no luck. I have Mrs. Washington's email, but I hear she already retired. Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the lady on the phone to listen to me????? Please!!! I am desperate! Thanks

Hey when did you guys send you money to howard? instructions say to wait until someone contacts you....oh my god!! i still havnt sent my money to howard and i applied in late May. I was waiting for someone to contact me. Should i send money to Howard now?My status for Mehary says received/ under review

Hey when did you guys send you money to howard? instructions say to wait until someone contacts you....oh my god!! i still havnt sent my money to howard and i applied in late May. I was waiting for someone to contact me. Should i send money to Howard now?My status for Mehary says received/ under review

they send you an email with a word doc attached that gives you instructions on what type of payment and where to send.

they send you an email with a word doc attached that gives you instructions on what type of payment and where to send.
thank you! when did u receive this e-mail? and when was your application complete? if you dont mind telling me..

I have read that a couple of people have gotten invites for Meharry, does anyone know if they are done giving invites for the first round???? From what I hear it takes about 6 weeks from the time the status says "admissions committee reviewing" for an invite, and mine just changed to that so I am guessing at the earliest I would get an invite is November sometime???? How many invites do they send does anyone know????? Thanks for the help

Every cycle, they interview about 200 candidates for 48-50 spots, and they interview through out April. So, don't lose your hope. A pre-Dec interview is equal to post January interview in their evaluations. good luck

thank you! when did u receive this e-mail? and when was your application complete? if you dont mind telling me..

I think a little bit over a month after they received my AADSAS. But my file was not complete until they received my LORs about a few weeks after.

Every cycle, they interview about 200 candidates for 48-50 spots, and they interview through out April. So, don't lose your hope. A pre-Dec interview is equal to post January interview in their evaluations. good luck

Thanks for the post, and please let us know how the interview went!! Good luck!!!!:luck:

Did anyone have trouble with Meharry's online supplemental app? and the online payment?

I just talked to the admissions at Howard and it seems they already started to interview!! good luck everyone. Does anyone know how Howard sends their invites?? Email I am guessing??

I just talked to the admissions at Howard and it seems they already started to interview!! good luck everyone. Does anyone know how Howard sends their invites?? Email I am guessing??

wow..they told you they already sent out invitations?? or they're in the process of sending them out....anyone out there get one already?? I know Howard deals mostly with email so I would guess their mode of invite would be email

wow..they told you they already sent out invitations?? or they're in the process of sending them out....anyone out there get one already?? I know Howard deals mostly with email so I would guess their mode of invite would be email

When I called today I said, "Have you guys started interviewing yet?" and she said, "Yes, we just started to interview", so I don't know if that means they started sending out emails, or if they actually have interviewed people. Yikes!! :eek: I am scared.....

When I called today I said, "Have you guys started interviewing yet?" and she said, "Yes, we just started to interview", so I don't know if that means they started sending out emails, or if they actually have interviewed people. Yikes!! :eek: I am scared.....

i have an interview at howard on monday. i recieved a call and then an email today.

i have an interview at howard on monday. i recieved a call and then an email today.

Congrats and Good Luck! When was your application mailed out by AADSAS?

Guys, need help!
What's the cut off line of Meharry? Both DAT and GPA?!
Thanks!

I first want to say GOOD LUCK in the application process and don't give up hope!!! People are invited to the last interview and still get accepted. I know people that got accepted 2 weeks before classes started so that is still a chance.

Secondly, The perfect DAT and GPA does not guarantee you and interview or acceptance. If you're a minority or African American it does not guarantee it either. It's all about you and what you have to offer. Yes Meharry and Howard accept a higher percentage of minority but if a school only accepts 10 minorities out of 80 then of course they would have a smaller percentage vs. a school that has 15 minorities out of 55.

Thirdly, You do have a better chance of getting accepted if you have an interview this semester because you can possibly secure one of the spots. I'm not saying that you will but it is possible. But even if you interview in Feb you still have a chance because you are interviewing.

Hope this was of some help or clarification. :)

I've been complete at Howard for a LONG while now too but have heard no updates, anyone else? I see this thread was started much earlier but I wonder if it still applies that you shoudl give them 2 months after they tell you you're complete?

I've been complete at Howard for a LONG while now too but have heard no updates, anyone else? I see this thread was started much earlier but I wonder if it still applies that you shoudl give them 2 months after they tell you you're complete?

I was complete at Howard for a really long time as well and got a call this past Friday from the Dean to come in for an interview. Too bad the interview is on Dec 3rd but nonetheless, I'm still excited. I met with their recruiter this past Tuesday and told her about my situation and she took my name and phone number down and said she'll look at my file so that probably helped. Good Luck!

I was complete at Howard for a really long time as well and got a call this past Friday from the Dean to come in for an interview. Too bad the interview is on Dec 3rd but nonetheless, I'm still excited. I met with their recruiter this past Tuesday and told her about my situation and she took my name and phone number down and said she'll look at my file so that probably helped. Good Luck!

that's awesome and congrats!! :) anyone else hear anything lately?

I just checked my AADSAS this mornin' and got an "invited for interview" from Meharry. Yahooo!

for howard, i was told roughly 90 interviews for 50 spots for the pre dec 1st. i think they will send out more acceptances than than though in anticipation that not everyone they accept with accept their offer, but that may be at every school ?? :confused: ???

so what is the deal - anyone got any acceptances