nothing from howard or meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview /Acceptance in howard/Meharry mostly based on race. It is something thats indirectly understood. Those 2 schools are historically black schools. Me and couple of my friends w/ higher DAT, GPA than their average, were rejected. Most people apply to those 2 schools is for back up because of their low avgs. Look up on www.predents.com you will see they are the lowest. That is my current understanding, but I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

for howard, i was told roughly 90 interviews for 50 spots for the pre dec 1st. i think they will send out more acceptances than than though in anticipation that not everyone they accept with accept their offer, but that may be at every school ?? :confused: ???

What are their post-dec stats like (# interview spots and seats left? When do they interview until?) I have tried calling and emailing…no luck every! And I’ve been complete since last fall and have yet to hear anything. What is going on with howard?

Members don't see this ad :)
one of my boys who goes to howard told me over 3000 people applied. The thing is this, most people (except me) who apply to howard or meharry will go somewhere else if they get accepted. In other words, howard and meharry are safety schools for many. Also, most people who apply to howard (including me) also apply to meharry. As a result, a school like meharry will most likely not get filled till even august. So dont worry - you will hear word soon. at least that is my two pence

The thing is this, most people (except me) who apply to howard or meharry will go somewhere else if they get accepted. In other words, howard and meharry are safety schools for many. Also, most people who apply to howard (including me) also apply to meharry.

It's crazy how HBCU's are considered to be safety schools. If you graduate from one of these fine institutions will you not earn a DDS? Of course you will. I was accepted to both Howard and Temple on Dec 1st and I paid my deposit for Howard right away. Then I withdrew my application from UConn, Pitt, and Temple. I didn't apply to Meharry. My choice to go to Howard wasn't because I couldn't get into another program. I chose Howard for it's rich tradition in educating African Americans. Funny thing is that schools like Howard are highly respected in many communities. Since 1881, they have trained qualified individuals in the field of dentistry. That's over 120 years of experience. Then again are there any true safety schools? If it was we wouldn't hear about all the "superior canidates" that don't get accepted each cycle. They would easily slide into their safety school. Right?

I was waitlisted @ howard on dec. 1st. it sucks!! they told me that they will not review my file till cycle is over!!! :thumbdown:

sorry to hear about the waitlist but good luck and keep your hopes up it sounds like there's still time :)

did they happen to mention when this "end of cycle" might be for howard? does it go on until august like meharry?

It's crazy how HBCU's are considered to be safety schools. If you graduate from one of these fine institutions will you not earn a DDS? Of course you will. I was accepted to both Howard and Temple on Dec 1st and I paid my deposit for Howard right away. Then I withdrew my application from UConn, Pitt, and Temple. I didn't apply to Meharry. My choice to go to Howard wasn't because I couldn't get into another program. I chose Howard for it's rich tradition in educating African Americans. Funny thing is that schools like Howard are highly respected in many communities. Since 1881, they have trained qualified individuals in the field of dentistry. That's over 120 years of experience. Then again are there any true safety schools? If it was we wouldn't hear about all the "superior canidates" that don't get accepted each cycle. They would easily slide into their safety school. Right?

High five!!!! I will see you at Howard in August!!!! I turned down two other schools as well. I am very happy with my choice. :)

High five!!!! I will see you at Howard in August!!!! I turned down two other schools as well. I am very happy with my choice. :)

That's what I like to see. Howard unity!!!!