How good are the ExamKracker 1001 question books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uk20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Examkracker 1001 series was actually any good? I would appreciate it if anyone would respond. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if the Examkracker 1001 series was actually any good? I would appreciate it if anyone would respond. Thanks!

They are good for content review but not ideal for MCAT-style questions. It really depends on you. If you are solid on the concepts, I wouldn't worry about them. However, if you feel you need more practice, you should get them. It really is a personal preference.

I agree with the poster above. I just purchased the 1001 books for chem and phys because I wanted practice and repitition with problems requiring calculation. I don't know how helpful the books will be for bio and ochem becuase most of the time the questions in these sections depend on the passage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Order the Nova physics book, it was my physics lifesaver; there isn't any decent chemistry books except berkeley review chemistry maybe. The Nova physics book has plenty of problems.

I have all of them and I think they're all good. O-chem one seems pretty easy though. I don't know why ppl tend not to like the physical sciences one as much... I think the physics one is pretty good (emphasizes concepts). Chem is just plain hard for me, but still pretty good practice.

I have all of them and I think they're all good. O-chem one seems pretty easy though. I don't know why ppl tend not to like the physical sciences one as much... I think the physics one is pretty good (emphasizes concepts). Chem is just plain hard for me, but still pretty good practice.

hi unsung..

you have all of the them...meaning what books? EK, Nova, Berkeley review. which one?

thanks for the earlier reply

-m

I bought all of them, but only really used the ones that I was weakest in. I think the practice tests online are really where you get your money's worth. But if you feel you are week at a paticular topic in biology, or physics, the 1001 questions is pretty helpful to key in on that. sure the questions aren't perfect, but they do help. The actual examkrackers series is the heat though, no doubt about that.

I think the Physics and gen chem 1001 books are mediocre at best

I'm starting to agree... this physics questions can be totally ridiculous at times, and the explanations in the back of the book are HORRRRRRRRIBLE.