*** Official UNLV SDM Acceptance thread 2009 cycle***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JiggaG

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody hear anything from UNLV?

Members don't see this ad.

No...still waiting....

Members don't see this ad :)
just called admissions office. I'm in!! Whoohoo!

Last edited:
toothie - you called and asked?

I just called admissions, gave them my name and asked if I was on the Dec. 1st acceptance list, then he replied:
"The admissions committee has decided to offer you an acceptance this round"

YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said that they mailed out acceptances this morning.

I am extremely happy for a Dec. 1 acceptance! :D

Last edited:
Just called-

IM INNNN!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone:thumbup:, I like to know if any Nv residents can share their stats with me(altimeter88), Also, did you complete you B.S. degree at UNLV?
Thanks,

Congrats everyone:thumbup:, I like to know if any Nv residents can share their stats with me(altimeter88), Also, did you complete you B.S. degree at UNLV?
Thanks,

DAT
AA/TS - 20/22/19

Second time applicant.

Last edited:
so we have to call. What's the number you called?

From the UNLV website:

Admissions: 702-774-2520

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in too!

you have to call, although they did update my AADSAS this afternoon. Also, they are sending out letters today!

Yes I noticed about an hour or so ago AADSAS was updated to say "offer made".

my aadsas says official day score not received. ????

Btw I am in. Ca resident

Who's going to UNLV?!?!

I just sent in my Check today.... was a hard decision :scared: but I'm happy about my choice.:)

You guys should chime in, I'm wondering who's going to be my classmates :D

sent in my check, but i just got back from an interview with UCSF so we'll see how things go.:xf:

i'd be more than happy to go to UNLV though.

im from so cal.

sent in my check, but i just got back from an interview with UCSF so we'll see how things go.:xf:

i'd be more than happy to go to UNLV though.

im from so cal.

I see where you're coming from. I had an interview set for UCSF on Dec. 15th but ended up not going. I figured UNLV was good enough and it wasn't worth going to UCSF and dealing with the stress of trying to sell myself. I'm glad you'll be joining us, potentially. I'm from so cal too!

Who else is going to UNLV?

I'm likely going to UNLV, although I am tempted to go to Colorado... I need to decide here really soon. I'm from AZ

Just got in today!!! (by snail mail)

Dr. Brownstein just called me this morning, and I'm in! :soexcited:

Time to make some decisions.

Congrats...are you in state or out of state?

I am in...Dr.Ancajas called me this morning! :):):):):)

Dr. Ancajas called this afternoon and im in!!!!!:) What am I going to do with all of this time I have been using to look at SDN and pre-dent.com

I only became more active after I was accepted somewhere :p

Congrats! May I know if u r in or out stater?
Dr. Ancajas called this afternoon and im in!!!!!:) What am I going to do with all of this time I have been using to look at SDN and pre-dent.com

Hey everyone, I saw that there is a facebook group made:

JOIN!

If you don't have a facebook, get one!! It's a great way to see who your new classmates will be and to set up events sometimes! :)

What's everyone doing for housing?

I already live by the dental school. We live walking distance off of charleston and las vegas blvd in "newport lofts". I am planning on taking my bike to school next year. They are expensive to buy but you can rent them out from people.

Have you guys received your packet with more info yet? If so, how long after you sent your deposit did you received it? Thanks.

Have you guys received your packet with more info yet? If so, how long after you sent your deposit did you received it? Thanks.

Nothing here yet. . . hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Does anyone know what else we need to do to get ready to go into debt? I filled out my FAFSA. Is there anything else I need to be doing to apply for all those loans? Is that something done through the school?

Nothing here yet. . . hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Does anyone know what else we need to do to get ready to go into debt? I filled out my FAFSA. Is there anything else I need to be doing to apply for all those loans? Is that something done through the school?

I remember them saying to get out of consumer debt (credit card debt essentially) and do what you can to have a good credit score... 700+ I would think.

I remember them saying to get out of consumer debt (credit card debt essentially) and do what you can to have a good credit score... 700+ I would think.

Haha, yeah, I was referring to the debt of dental school loans. How/When do we apply for those loans?

I am not sure if there is anything else to do for the loans. I think filling out fafsa is it. I was wondering how fafsa will know that we are attending dental school and need alot more money than all grad programs. The code that we are given to use is just UNLV, not d-school specific. Then on the fafsa it only asks if you are going to be attending grad school, not what school. Any thoughts??

Hey I interviewed on Feb. 12 and I just called the admissions office yesterday. Still no decision, but they told me that the adcom is getting together in about 2 weeks to make final decisions for their last round of acceptances. The wait is almost over!!

Good Luck CapnKirk! Hang in there!

Has anyone heard that UNLV might be tightening their process on gaining residency/in-state tuition?

Has anyone heard that UNLV might be tightening their process on gaining residency/in-state tuition?

Dude, I hope that's a bad rumor...:scared:

Although, I thought it's the state that determines residency, not the school (UNLV)

Sorry for the scare. I called the school and they said that those trying to gain residency after the first year shouldn't have a problem. I've gotten the impression that those trying to get residency between now and this fall might run into a few problems.

Hey I interviewed on Feb. 12 and I just called the admissions office yesterday. Still no decision, but they told me that the adcom is getting together in about 2 weeks to make final decisions for their last round of acceptances. The wait is almost over!!

Did you say that you called on the 6th of March? I wonder when they are going to do it. Do you know if the reviews are done on Thursday or Fridays?

What's up guys, I'm headed to UNLV this fall as well! I'm from socal and am looking for a place to move into this summer, and hopefully find roommates. Can anyone already living in Las Vegas recommend some places I could check out that are close to the school?

To sophlu, how do you like living in Newport Lofts? Can you PM me about how much you're paying for rent? Thanks in advance for all your help!