You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Class of 2013
Started by copacetic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Relax! The application process is still far from over. Congratulations on your acceptance to Case c/o 2013.. I am very sure I will be joining everyone for Second Look Weekend; do we have to call Christian to confirm this or will more details be sent in the future?
thanks, lol, i just hope im actually able to start! due to the financial crisis im having a hard time getting money together. im an international so i dont qualify for federal aid 🙁. i got enough to go for the first year, and im working on a line of credit to cover the rest. just need a cosigner!
thanks, lol, i just hope im actually able to start! due to the financial crisis im having a hard time getting money together. im an international so i dont qualify for federal aid 🙁. i got enough to go for the first year, and im working on a line of credit to cover the rest. just need a cosigner!
Yay for internationals! One here too!!
i keep checking for bus tickets to cleveland for the second look weekend, but the dates still don't go that far ahead 🙂
i found it funny that there was a postage-paid postcard for denying, but accepting requires finding an envelope and a stamp 😀
mailing my YES tomorrow
i found it funny that there was a postage-paid postcard for denying, but accepting requires finding an envelope and a stamp 😀
mailing my YES tomorrow
omg, they linked this thread to the newsletter!!! lol.
check out code blue guys
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue
check out code blue guys
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue
Last edited:
omg, they linked this thread to the newsletter!!! lol.
check out code blue guys
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue
Where? I didnt see the link...
Where? I didnt see the link...
its in the news letter that christian sends out each week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where's the info on the second look weekend to keep me entertained 🙁
as far as i know, the only info thats been given out so far is the date!
as far as i know, the only info thats been given out so far is the date!
it's february 🙁
it's february 🙁
lol, 157 days before we start!!!
In one of the newsletters that Christian's been forwarding to us, he said the information for Second Look will be emailed to us sometime in early February. So just hang tight.
I have another question..
What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?
I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter 🙂
By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week 😛
What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?
I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter 🙂
By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week 😛
I have another question..
What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?
I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter 🙂
By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week 😛
Ya, most of Cleveland has some really reasonable housing. You can, depending on what you want, can get rent for as low as 350 a month. I would recommend getting something nicer than this, but the cheap housing is definitely a draw for some.
Ya, most of Cleveland has some really reasonable housing. You can, depending on what you want, can get rent for as low as 350 a month. I would recommend getting something nicer than this, but the cheap housing is definitely a draw for some.
350 a month? holy smokes, if its good electricity and heat, hook me up with that, lol.
350 a month? holy smokes, if its good electricity and heat, hook me up with that, lol.
Student host had one of those. Plenty of room, no issues with electricity, but no idea about heat. Even had a pet!
Ya, most of Cleveland has some really reasonable housing. You can, depending on what you want, can get rent for as low as 350 a month. I would recommend getting something nicer than this, but the cheap housing is definitely a draw for some.
Are you serious??? That def. bumped case a notch up my list...
Are you serious??? That def. bumped case a notch up my list...
I should also mention that the one I stayed in was in Little Italy. Which is great, if you're Italian.
So, uh, at second look, how are we planning to identify ourselves to each other?

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, uh, at second look, how are we planning to identify ourselves to each other?![]()
facebook!
facebook!
Did you start a super-secret (not required) case class of 2013 group for me to join?

I have another question..
What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?
I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter 🙂
By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week 😛
not too early to think about housing, but probably too early to do anything about it. it IS cheap here. if you want, we can arrange a little "housing tour" for second look of the neighborhoods and buildings where most med students live. i'm on the committee that will be planning the student-run aspects of second look (though that isn't my primary duty), so if you guys have any real BURNING desires to do anything in particular for 2nd look, post it here and I'll pass it along.
i really need to get back to studying biochem, but SDN is just so addicting... even as a med student.
not too early to think about housing, but probably too early to do anything about it. it IS cheap here. if you want, we can arrange a little "housing tour" for second look of the neighborhoods and buildings where most med students live. i'm on the committee that will be planning the student-run aspects of second look (though that isn't my primary duty), so if you guys have any real BURNING desires to do anything in particular for 2nd look, post it here and I'll pass it along.
i really need to get back to studying biochem, but SDN is just so addicting... even as a med student.
yeah its not like its that hard to choose between sdn and biochem!
Are you serious??? That def. bumped case a notch up my list...
But don't get me wrong a 350-400$ apartment may not be the best place to live and you will most likely want to splurge for a 500-700$ a month apartment. But compared to Boston or NYC thats pretty affordable. My brother has had numerous apartments in the area and if you look, you can def get some good buys.
Also, take a look at the forums we have access to through case. They have plenty of info on housing and what isn't and what is crap, ect....
Last edited:
I would love a housing tour on Second look weekend. I think it would be really helpful. 🙂
On a side note, I went to my last interview this week and I just love Case even more!! Point being - I am ready for the facebook group if you are! Anyone wanna be admins with me? I have actually never created a facebook group but figure it cant be that hard...
P.S. Does Case have student social chairs? I wanna do that
On a side note, I went to my last interview this week and I just love Case even more!! Point being - I am ready for the facebook group if you are! Anyone wanna be admins with me? I have actually never created a facebook group but figure it cant be that hard...
P.S. Does Case have student social chairs? I wanna do that
Second look weekend invites are headed your way if they're not there already!
Edit: It's a shame the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction ceremony is already sold out!
Edit: It's a shame the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction ceremony is already sold out!
Last edited:
Second look weekend invites are headed your way if they're not there already!
Ach! You beat me to it! 🙂
re: housing - the places that are $350/mo here are houses that are split amongst multiple people (i.e. 4 bedroom house for $1200) and they don't include heat so you have to add an extra couple of hundred (split amongst the various roomies) for the winter months. It's still a pretty good deal, but just so people know the details. Single apartments can be had for anywhere from $550-700 generally (depending on where you live & what kind of amenities you want, like AC or a dishwasher). Dogs will make things more difficult, but not impossible. In general, there's still way more housing than there are people, and there's options ranging from old apartments to new apartments to houses (and walking distance vs. short driving distance) so you really can't go wrong.
Is anyone having problems accessing IApply? I have not been able to log on for two days. I just keep getting a weird error message.
Not having any issues here.🙁
iapply has been all FUBAR for me too! cant get in.
Last time I had issues, I sent them an email and a very nice, helpful IT guy called me back.👍
Its working for me now... people that were having trouble might want to check again.
Anyone RSVP for second look weekend yet? I am very excited! It is really nice that they are paying for everything again. I heard some schools that had in the past were not going to be able to this year because of economic conditons...
Anyone RSVP for second look weekend yet? I am very excited! It is really nice that they are paying for everything again. I heard some schools that had in the past were not going to be able to this year because of economic conditons...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its working for me now... people that were having trouble might want to check again.
Anyone RSVP for second look weekend yet? I am very excited! It is really nice that they are paying for everything again. I heard some schools that had in the past were not going to be able to this year because of economic conditons...
RSVP'd as soon as I got the message yesterday! Hopefully that went through alright with no issues.

Last edited:
Confirmations of reservations are starting to come back!👍
Confirmations of reservations are starting to come back!👍
Hopefully I get one today... after all, I sent a reply almost immediately. That would be lame if I didn't get a reservation..
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 314
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 753