May 15th Countdown.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow i can't even sleep..

one day to 15th

two days to 16th when the offices open

how many days to a phone call???

Members don't see this ad.

I just wonder if the call will ever come.....

it's May 15. D: may we all hear good news in the crazy next few weeks to come :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
so, may 15 is here.. what now? more waiting? :D

so, may 15 is here.. what now? more waiting? :D

can't imagine anything will happen today, especially since technically May 16 is when deposits are due this year, because today is a Sunday.

It is here. I woke up this am and I hadn't even received 1 acceptance call yet. ;) So disappointing.

Yes tis true.

And then there was 1 day left to go!!! We shall see what happens with tomorrow's events and beyond. :)

GUJU! how's it going? :cool:

Best of luck to everyone waiting for news.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've withdrawn from all bar one school but some even haven't processed the withdrawals yet, so it may take a week or so to go through all of those. Don't lose hope quickly!

Aw thanks!! Yeah sorry I had to question you. its just a lot of people given me flack this past year, that I don't know who means well and who doesn't anymore. Sad that its come to that.

on SDN?

i dont know whats worse, desperately waiting for something to come at any moment, or deep inside knowing that it may very well never come :(

uhhh...i just want to know where im going next year! why must we go through this torture!

i dont know whats worse, desperately waiting for something to come at any moment, or deep inside knowing that it may very well never come :(

uhhh...i just want to know where im going next year! why must we go through this torture!

I thought you got into some DO schools already?

Happy May 16th everyone!!! :)

Just wondering: hypothetically, if you are accepted somewhere, what is the soonest we will hear about financial aid? I think most schools that accept after May 16 give you ~1 week to decide; would we know by then?

i did get into a couple of schools...but im waitlisted at the MD school that i really really want to attend. and i cant start looking for apartments anywhere cuz if this school decides to take me i am set on going there

Aw thanks!! Yeah sorry I had to question you. its just a lot of people given me flack this past year, that I don't know who means well and who doesn't anymore. Sad that its come to that.

Aw that sucks. Just ignore the haters! Stay cool and GL. :D

5724982469_57792517af_z.jpg

when will it be mine turn for admission?!

Last edited:
Happy May 16th all of you. May we all feel the joy, exilaration and relief of an acceptance this cycle!

:xf:

Good luck today all (and in the future)!

Just dropping in to wish everyone luck! Don't lose hope if you don't get a call today, since the 15th fell on a Sunday everyone has until midnight tonight to withdraw. Don't let others get you down. Believe in yourself!

:xf: for all of you!

So what exactly happens on and after May 15?

People with 2+ acceptances can only hold one at a time. so they must drop all other acceptances but one but may stay on any waitlists they choose to do so.

This means waitlist movement can start moving as people drop seats. And if they then get off a waitlist spot and have another seat held somewhere, they again have to choose within 1-2 weeks or in the case of buffalo 24 hours. Then again waitlist movement goes again. It goes back and forth like this the rest of the summer. Most of it will occur now til end of May early June. Starts slowing down in June with it really tricklking around end of June and early July at most schools. Schools that are higher ranked have less movement, but many state schools and lower tiered schools have a lot of movement.

I feel like I need a miracle and a LOT of movement to get in :D. Best of luck to you all!

I got in to one of my waitlists and the one I was hoping for!!! I honestly did not expect to hear anything for a couple weeks.

So who exactly can see applicants' acceptances (or lack there of) as of today? Can all AAMC schools see where each applicant was already accepted? What about premed advisors?

Thanks

I got into two of my waitlists today! :soexcited:

And to be honest I wasn't expecting hear anything right away.

No premed advisors don't see anything unless u indicate that your information can be sent to them when u submit amcas. and even so I don't think they can just automatically see ur acceptances. just adcom members only.

can schools that you're waitlisted at see where you have been accepted? i thought the school needs to make a final decision on your application before they can access that info?

I know it will take a few days for the waitlists to really start moving, but I feel like I've waited so long for May 15th only to have MORE waiting....

Would people that received calls today mind mentioning what schools?

my wait is finally over :D:D good luck to the rest of you!!

Bump for waitlists (probably) starting to move. Godspeed, all! :scared: