AZCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who have been accepted and paid the deposit already, is this what shows up under housing application?:

On-Campus Housing Information
Sorry, on-campus housing applications are only available to:

Current students
Matriculated Applicants

I'm noticing a lot of students talking about floor plans and pricing and stuff but I'm not sure where they are getting the info.

Help?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is the page about AZ housing on the MWU page. There is info about on- and off-campus housing here.

http://mwunet.midwestern.edu/administrative/SS/ssHousing_AZ.htm

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have been accepted and paid the deposit already, is this what shows up under housing application?:

On-Campus Housing Information
Sorry, on-campus housing applications are only available to:

Current students
Matriculated Applicants

I'm noticing a lot of students talking about floor plans and pricing and stuff but I'm not sure where they are getting the info.

Help?

I currently live on campus and you can see floor plans once you enter the actual application itself. I didn't have any trouble accessing it about 2 months after I was accepted so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Lentil's link seems to lead to roughly the same place you're stuck at. I'll try to get that info to you since we can apply again for next year if that helps.

Hmm... hopefully, the page will change on December 4. It says that matriculated students should be able to fill out an application on 12/4....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... hopefully, the page will change on December 4. It says that matriculated students should be able to fill out an application on 12/4....

That sounds about right. I might have to check my own contract.

I got a PM question about housing as well, so I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Hey! I'm just wondering what you think about on-campus housing at AZCOM? Would you recommend it or not? I've been looking at the prices/features of it as well as san lagos, san prado, and this one called laguna at arrowhead. Where do most students live?

I would definitely recommend living on campus. There's lots of floor plans and everything is very close, including the wellness center. You only have to pay for power too (cable and internet are included).

I lived in San Lagos last year during my SMP and it was nice too, but it was a little more expensive than I wanted. San Prado is essentially the same but their gate opener is remote versus proximity.

I've only seen the singles for Arrowhead and they are very nice, but also expensive.

I would recommend living on campus mainly for cost and location. The most expensive single option I think is the luxury studio (~900 a month), and that place is huge.

I currently live in a 2/1 with another MA student and we pay 760 a month, so it's about 400 a month for me with power. It's the cheapest option possible, but the place is cramped and it also doesn't have washer/dryer or a washing machine. It's almost like a dorm again, although every apartment on campus is unfurnished.

There isn't a real location where most students live. People are all over the place; some have houses, some are in those apartments around here, and on campus.

If you don't have a pet or a family, I would recommend living on campus, but again, it's all up to your needs.

Is the 650$ studio the only one with a washer/dryer in the apartment on campus?

Do you have or have you heard of any complaints for san lagos or san prado? or laguna?

Is the 650$ studio the only one with a washer/dryer in the apartment on campus?

Do you have or have you heard of any complaints for san lagos or san prado? or laguna?

Oops, I just sent it now. I guess you don't mind being the one known for asking it.

I think, at least with the new apartments, the majority of the on campus apartments have the 'works' (washer/dryer and dishwasher). When selecting floor plans, you will know if it has these things or not so don't worry about misselecting.

I have no complaints about San Lagos except I had some issues with checking out. Other than a little administrative issues, San Lagos was fine and I'm sure San Prado is more or less the same. The only thing is that my apartment at San Lagos was right on 59th, so every so night I was wake up to the sound of drag racing :mad:

I still suggest on campus for most people. The price alone will convince a lot of you and location is a huge bonus. I love going to class 15 minutes before it starts looking like a slob but making it on time ;)

Do you know if there's a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom luxury option or is it just 2+1?

Thx!

Oops, I just sent it now. I guess you don't mind being the one known for asking it.

I think, at least with the new apartments, the majority of the on campus apartments have the 'works' (washer/dryer and dishwasher). When selecting floor plans, you will know if it has these things or not so don't worry about misselecting.

I have no complaints about San Lagos except I had some issues with checking out. Other than a little administrative issues, San Lagos was fine and I'm sure San Prado is more or less the same. The only thing is that my apartment at San Lagos was right on 59th, so every so night I was wake up to the sound of drag racing :mad:

I still suggest on campus for most people. The price alone will convince a lot of you and location is a huge bonus. I love going to class 15 minutes before it starts looking like a slob but making it on time ;)

Do you know if there's a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom luxury option or is it just 2+1?

Thx!

Yeah, I believe there is a 2/2 standard and a 2/2 luxury. Luxury has more space obviously but also hard wood floors I believe. I think the 2/2 standard has the 3 amenities mentioned earlier.

I can't say for sure since I can't see the layouts but just wait a few more days and hopefully we'll get access to the application.

Quick question for those who received interviews at AZCOM, for the secondary, for the CV/RESUME part, how long was it? Was it in detail because I feel like mine will be more than 2 pages for all the stuff that they are asking. HOw long were the job description or EC descriptions?

Quick question for those who received interviews at AZCOM, for the secondary, for the CV/RESUME part, how long was it? Was it in detail because I feel like mine will be more than 2 pages for all the stuff that they are asking. HOw long were the job description or EC descriptions?

Mine was 2 pages total. I wrote 1 sentence for a description but only on the various awards/scholarships that I listed. Most other things I felt were self explanatory. I was accepted, so I think I did the CV right.

Good Luck!

Hey everybody, I just snagged an interview slot for 1/25 and my 2/25 slot is now available.

How did you snag an earlier spot?? A week ago the earliest date they had was in April??

It changes all the time. I'd check a few times a week and even on this thread for notices because people change their mind all the time, especially that far ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you snag an earlier spot?? A week ago the earliest date they had was in April??

Exactly as Flushot suggested, I've habitually checked the site ever since I initially scheduled the interview. People will sometimes post about releasing their interview dates on here too.

I am complete at this school as of yesterday!!! How long does it take to get an interview?

I am complete at this school as of yesterday!!! How long does it take to get an interview?

I went complete either late October or early November and it took 2-3 weeks to hear back about an interview (best advice is check the portal often as many people with interviews only found out about them because they did just that and only a handful actually got an email invite).

Here's a quick PM and my answer to it about on campus housing:

I have a question regarding housing... hopefully you can help me out. Housing applications open up tomorrow... which building would you say is the "best" building to sign up for?

The buildings are by the apartment type, so odds are, you'll be assigned to the building for the setup that you want, i.e. 1/1 luxury studios will be in the newer buildings.

I would suggest the newer buildings for obvious reasons (they're the ones with the later letters, such as K and L), but they're also the furthest away from campus. Also, they only have a few types of setups, so again, decide mostly by what layout you want.

Here's a quick PM and my answer to it about on campus housing:

The buildings are by the apartment type, so odds are, you'll be assigned to the building for the setup that you want, i.e. 1/1 luxury studios will be in the newer buildings.

I would suggest the newer buildings for obvious reasons (they're the ones with the later letters, such as K and L), but they're also the furthest away from campus. Also, they only have a few types of setups, so again, decide mostly by what layout you want.

Hey, I'm really confused about the apartment types! Which ones have washer and dryer? On the application page, the only one that specifically says that it has it are the studios in J K and L. But if I click on the floor plans, all the studios show them, as well as both luxury 1 bedrooms. And, what does "dishwasher and added upgrades" mean instead of "dishwasher and washer/dryer"?
Specifically, do all of the luxury 1 bedrooms have washer and dryers in them?

Here's my two cents about on campus housing. Take it for what it's worth.

Anything with "luxury" in the title means it has its own washer/dryer/dishwasher. I highly recommend getting an apartment that has those appliances. I know it sounds dumb, but having to walk to the laundry room would be a huge inconvenience; it would be really annoying and mess up my study rhythm. Anything you can do to make life easier on yourself is worth the little extra money.

I live in a two bedroom luxury on the third floor of one of the new buildings. It wasn't my first choice (I wanted the cheap-o "one bedroom with den and roommate" option), and it wasn't even ANY of my choices. They assigned the apartment to me without considering anything I requested. But other than that blip, it's been pretty nice. The new apartments were basically thrown together at the last minute so there's been tiny things we've had to call maintenance about but on the whole they're very nice. Highly highly HIGHLY recommend. Nothing's better than waking up 15 minutes before class and still being on time :)

One disclaimer: Some of the new studio apartments face the 101 (Phoenix's looped highway). A friend is having major issues with that since the noise is so loud that he can't open his windows (and even with the windows shut it's rather loud). Also, noise from side by side apartments is virtually nonexistant, but I've gotten some irritated texts from my downstairs neighbor who thought I was jumping when I was just walking across my floor. I also have another friend who can hear everything that his upstairs neighbor and new lady friend do. I'd suggest a third floor apartment.

I currently have an interview for 2/24. I am looking to switch with a 2/25 spot. if someone has a 2/25 spot and would like to switch, please PM me so we can coordinate.

interview invite...in april!?! are they really scheduling that late!?

Yep, they schedule that late. Unfortunately, if you want an earlier date, you'll have to keep checking online or back here for news on open spots. Stay vigilant and you might get a much earlier interview date.

Congrats on your decision julia :)

Hey, I'm really confused about the apartment types! Which ones have washer and dryer? On the application page, the only one that specifically says that it has it are the studios in J K and L. But if I click on the floor plans, all the studios show them, as well as both luxury 1 bedrooms. And, what does "dishwasher and added upgrades" mean instead of "dishwasher and washer/dryer"?
Specifically, do all of the luxury 1 bedrooms have washer and dryers in them?
The G & H apts with "added upgrades" don't have a washer/dryer in the apt. I just called housing to check.

I have decided to stay local. Withdrawing my app. 2/26 will be opening up. Sad about doing this, but it's what I have to do.

Can I click on the "reschedule interview" tab and not lose my interview spot? That is to say, can I browse open dates and still hold on to my current date? I asked the admissions lady over the phone and she wasn't very clear. Thanks for the help!

Can I click on the "reschedule interview" tab and not lose my interview spot? That is to say, can I browse open dates and still hold on to my current date? I asked the admissions lady over the phone and she wasn't very clear. Thanks for the help!

You can.

The G & H apts with "added upgrades" don't have a washer/dryer in the apt. I just called housing to check.

Yeah, I remember this. Only the places labeled luxury have the waster/dryer. Added upgrades might be the hard wood floors and/or dishwasher. The place I am currently living in does not have a washer/dryer, dishwasher or garbage disposal in the sink, so check carefully for what you want.

I have decided to stay local. Withdrawing my app. 2/26 will be opening up. Sad about doing this, but it's what I have to do.

Thanks for the notice. Good luck in wherever you end up.

just withdrew my int. spot. good luck!

Pre-interview hold :mad:

How did you find out you were pre-interview hold? did you get an email or did you find out on the web portal?

What are your stats? you can pm me as. I'm waiting for interview too and i'm out of state.

Just wanted to let people know that another seat is open at AZCOM, I'm declining my acceptance today.

When I log in to the website, the only things I see are messages and a link to logout. What happened to the page? Is it working for anyone else? It's been like this since early Friday....
I hope they didn't delete me from their system

Last edited:
When I log in to the website, the only things I see are messages and a link to logout. What happened to the page? Is it working for anyone else? It's been like this since early Friday....

I was on it about 20 minutes ago and it was working normally for me.

Not sure how to solve your situation, other than calling them. Could you somehow upload a screenshot so we can check it out and possibly help?

Not sure how to solve your situation, other than calling them. Could you somehow upload a screenshot so we can check it out and possibly help?

Thanks for the help!~ Problem has been solved. I recently had my name changed and so my username was automatically changed as well.

Withdrew acceptance yesterday - good luck to everyone trying to get in here!

I have a Tues Jan 26 slot that I would be willing to trade someone who has a MWF slot. I just found out that I can't do Tues/Thurs. Please PM me to set up a trade.

I have a Tues Jan 26 slot that I would be willing to trade someone who has a MWF slot. I just found out that I can't do Tues/Thurs. Please PM me to set up a trade.

I think there is a Friday and Monday interview date available right now via the website scheduling system...but not until the 2nd half of April.

I received an interview invite yesterday, 12-16. Application complete 12-08. Interview mid April.

Hey guys I have an April 16th(Friday morning) Interview date, if anyone is willing to switch with me for their early date due to a conflict with their date or whatever then pm me PLEASE so we can switch.

I hate waiting this long for an interview.

Hey guys I have an April 16th(Friday morning) Interview date, if anyone is willing to switch with me for their early date due to a conflict with their date or whatever then pm me PLEASE so we can switch.

I hate waiting this long for an interview.
nevermind guy's I checked this afternoon and someone cancelled their feb. 23rd interview so I grabbed it. Sorry.

Ditto for hating to wait long. I got an interview on 4/13. I keep checking back when I can to see if I can switch, but no change...

Don't worry for now. It happens every year; once the MD match occurs, things will open up. Until then, stay vigilant.

Has everybody that got an interview here also get an invite to CCOM? I am curious because I haven't heard from them yet and I am just wondering why because I have about average stats and medical school experience. I would really like to visit chicago and see the school.

Thoughts?

Has everybody that got an interview here also get an invite to CCOM? I am curious because I haven't heard from them yet and I am just wondering why because I have about average stats and medical school experience. I would really like to visit chicago and see the school.

Thoughts?

interviewed at AzCOM and preinterview rejection from CCOM with above avg MCAT and avg gpa for CCOM...

Thoughts?

No..I only received an invite to AZCOM...So far at least...

interviewed at AzCOM and preinterview rejection from CCOM with above avg MCAT and avg gpa for CCOM...
Did you get an email from CCOM for your pre-rejection or something else? I'm just curious as to how you found out about that.

I just declined my acceptance to AZCOM so here's another opening for you guys!

Mjing and others, I have an interview spot for Feb. 24th that I am willing to trade for an earlier time. Cheers and best of luck to everyone!