2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my seat and will be attending the Chicago campus instead. Good luck and hopefully my seat opens up for one of you guys!
What made you pick Chicago?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrawn my application and decline my interview invitation. Hopefully someone take the benefit out of it

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed on 12/07/2021 and just got an acceptance email! First of the cycle!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on 12/07/2021 and just got an acceptance email! First of the cycle!!
Congrats! I had the same interview date and thought they said decisions would be made on the 15th so that's crazy fast turnaround.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I had the same interview date and thought they said decisions would be made on the 15th so that's crazy fast turnaround.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the end of the next week but I am not complaining lol

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on 11/29 and just got the acceptance call and email today! Also was not expecting to hear anything until closer to 12/16 like they told us initially!

• Love
Interviewed 11/30, accepted via email! LM: 74 (511+4.0)! Feel free to message me with any questions :)

Accepted students: I would like to hold my seat at AZCOM but am also keeping my options open as I've interviewed at other schools and haven't heard back. If I pay the deposit, I can still decide to go elsewhere, but I just lose that money? Its not binding that I sign it and HAVE to go there right?

Accepted students: I would like to hold my seat at AZCOM but am also keeping my options open as I've interviewed at other schools and haven't heard back. If I pay the deposit, I can still decide to go elsewhere, but I just lose that money? Its not binding that I sign it and HAVE to go there right?
I'm 95% certain this is the case.

nah, it's just a hold. and if you decline before some deadline you get half of it back. I would say 90% of people hold their seat here because decisions come pretty fast and it's pretty cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I’m a bit baffled right now with the nerve of this school. I interviewed on October 29th and I have yet to receive any email/call/signs of life from their end.
What is going on?

• Haha
  • Okay...
They said the committee meets tomorrow but here I am spam refreshing the portal every 10 minutes.

They said the committee meets tomorrow but here I am spam refreshing the portal every 10 minutes.
I interviewed today and they said that they’re trying to give all December interviewers a response by this Friday 12/17, but also that it’s not a guarantee and there’s a small chance we could hear back first week of January!

I interviewed today and they said that they’re trying to give all December interviewers a response by this Friday 12/17, but also that it’s not a guarantee and there’s a small chance we could hear back first week of January!
Given my other DO deposit is due Sunday I’m really rooting for Friday

For those of you on hold or waiting for a response or literally anything but accepted... if you are truly interested in this school, REACH OUT and FOLLOW UP. The school and dean are very receptive to updates, added interest and overall persistence. This is anecdotal but still provides hope... an applicant botched their interview day and knew it so they reached out to the dean, explained the situation, was granted another shot at it and was eventually accepted into the program. Obviously not concrete or a guarantee but I thought I'd share. Good luck and remember, it's still early in the cycle!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email saying I’m still on the interview waitlist but that I should apply to their pharmacy program. That’s gotta be a fatal blow.

Just got an email saying I’m still on the interview waitlist but that I should apply to their pharmacy program. That’s gotta be a fatal blow.
+1 I got that email and it reads as extremely disrespectful.

I interviewed at this school, and I have to say that I was extremely displeased with my interview experience. Much of my application centers working with a historically excluded and marginalized community, and one of my interviewers did nothing but attack me for working with them. They asked me questions about whether or not this community deserves health care and referred to this community by a derogatory slur purposefully to antagonize me. I walked away crying from my interview, shaken with rage. I will be reporting this interviewer and taking serious next steps so as to ensure that no other student is insulted and injured like I was in the process. They frankly turned my whole interview into a political debate, as opposed to an experience in which they might get to know me.
A lot of my app does similar things in regards to working with certain marginalized communities and was singled out in a similar manner during an interview last application cycle, excluding the use of slurs. It quickly turned an interview at my top choice into a mad spiral of doubting myself and all the work I'd put in up to that point. Definitely report this interviewer, and if you aren't entirely turned off of the school, maybe even request a redo. Thank you for sharing this. I'm glad to know about these things before I interview, and may have to more heavily consider my options.

I am sorry your interview here went this way. I hope you have better experiences at other schools, and know that your work for the marginalized community IS appreciated and worthwhile, and should be a boon to your application. Best of luck.

Oh my gosh. My accepted student checklist populated, 430 pst. I have no idea when since I just looked and I haven’t received a call or email or anything but assuming that means accepted!

Oh my gosh. My accepted student checklist populated, 430 pst. I have no idea when since I just looked and I haven’t received a call or email or anything but assuming that means accepted!
+1!!!

• Love
I interviewed at this school, and I have to say that I was extremely displeased with my interview experience. Much of my application centers working with a historically excluded and marginalized community, and one of my interviewers did nothing but attack me for working with them. They asked me questions about whether or not this community deserves health care and referred to this community by a derogatory slur purposefully to antagonize me. I walked away crying from my interview, shaken with rage. I feel like my interviewer took advantage of an unequal power dynamic. I will be reporting this interviewer and taking serious next steps so as to ensure that no other student is insulted and injured like I was in the process. This person quite frankly turned my whole interview into a political debate, as opposed to an experience in which they might get to know me.
I am a current student and actually participate in the interview process at AZCOM. I can’t not imagine any of the faculty at doing this. If you would like to message me with more specifics I would be more than happy to follow up with administration on what exactly happened. It is actually a requirement we work with underprivileged individuals through the HOMES program so I wouldn’t see why anyone would attack you for that

Have yet to receive a response after the 10/29 interview, this is my first cycle. whats going on?

How are we doin? It's been a little while since anyone has posted anything.

Currently wondering if they're doing what they did last year and interviewing mostly for the waitlist, or if they figured out how to balance it all out as they did in the years pre-COVID.

Just received secondary when I applied in the fall. Any point applying now?

Is there any current students attending AZCOM that I could ask some questions or pm. Got the acceptance a while back and just wanted to get some further insight.

Is there any current students attending AZCOM that I could ask some questions or pm. Got the acceptance a while back and just wanted to get some further insight.
I'm a current 2nd year. shoot me a message with your questions.

someone created this accepted student GroupMe for AZCOM, here's the link!

Anyone received a post-II waitlist/any January interviews heard back yet?

Anyone received a post-II waitlist/any January interviews heard back yet?
I was told that they'll meet at the end of the month about January interviews. Wouldn't expect to hear anything until at least next week.

accepted! email sent today and just interviewed last tuesday!

• Love
Has anyone gotten off the interview waitlist at all? What are the chances on getting an interview off the waitlist?