2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Interviewed 1/04. Accepted today via the portal. I wish you all good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I wonder when we’ll receive the email or call. I found out through portal as well
I called and they said to expect an email and a Dean's letter later today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I just checked and my portal said accepted as well!! Interviewed 1/17 Congrats everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, my "Accepted Student Checklist" says "
  • Needed
    • Deposit - $200.00, Due: 03/01/2023
    • Matriculation Agreement
    • Technical Standards Form
Does this mean I'm accepted? I cant find any letter saying I am accepted, just that I need these documents so I am a bit confused haha.

Interviewed Jan 24th so it was a pretty quick turn around if I was accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, my "Accepted Student Checklist" says "
  • Needed
    • Deposit - $200.00, Due: 03/01/2023
    • Matriculation Agreement
    • Technical Standards Form
Does this mean I'm accepted? I cant find any letter saying I am accepted, just that I need these documents so I am a bit confused haha.

Interviewed Jan 24th so it was a pretty quick turn around if I was accepted.
Yeah! Email will come later!

Should I call to make sure haha, for my peace of mind lmaoo. Or do you think that's bugging them?
I saw my portal update to accepted yesterday, and didn't get the email until this morning. You could call if you want. I don't think it would be bugging them, but I also don't think its a mistake! Congrats!

I saw my portal update to accepted yesterday, and didn't get the email until this morning. You could call if you want. I don't think it would be bugging them, but I also don't think its a mistake! Congrats!
thank you!! I appreciate the help :)

Mine still hasn't updated, or gotten an email 😔 do they wait to send waitlist or R emails? I want to call but I feel like it's too soon

Mine still hasn't updated, or gotten an email 😔 do they wait to send waitlist or R emails? I want to call but I feel like it's too soon
Maybe give them to the end of the week...? Idk what their process generally looks like with those emails.

Does waitlist for interview indicate a gentle rejection?
I was waitlisted in October and then got an interview invite in December for January. It is not a gentle rejection and there's still a chance you can get an interview. I've heard they interview candidates in April. You can send an update letter if you want, it might help.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Recently received an AZCOM acceptance. Can any current students or recently accepted students tell me if a drug test is required prior to matriculation?

Would someone be able to repost the accepted student discord link? Seems like the most recent link expired again

Recently received an AZCOM acceptance. Can any current students or recently accepted students tell me if a drug test is required prior to matriculation?

No drug test for matriculation.

Rotations obviously require at least one (I think it depends if you get moved around preceptors/hospital systems a lot if you need more). IIRC, at orientation they emphasized really heavily that if you drop dirty for anything prescription that isn't yours, you'll be facing dismissal, and if you drop for pot (despite it being legal recreationally in AZ), they have to pull you from your upcoming rotation until you're clean.

So don't do drugs, kids, lol.

PS everyone, AZCOM is on winter/spring break currently, so if the adcoms are on the same schedule, don't expect to hear anything until Monday.

No drug test for matriculation.

Rotations obviously require at least one (I think it depends if you get moved around preceptors/hospital systems a lot if you need more). IIRC, at orientation they emphasized really heavily that if you drop dirty for anything prescription that isn't yours, you'll be facing dismissal, and if you drop for pot (despite it being legal recreationally in AZ), they have to pull you from your upcoming rotation until you're clean.

So don't do drugs, kids, lol.
It's solely site dependent. I've had two during my third year. I think I heard of someone having to do 4 or 5 during their third year. And I also know someone who hasn't had any during their third year.

Got interview waitlisted back in Sept, anyone on the same boat? change status?

Got interview waitlisted back in Sept, anyone on the same boat? change status?
Same here. Haven't heard anything since being put on the interview waitlist.

Hi- does anyone know how long does this school make decision after interview? Based on the posts, it seems like they make their decisions at the end of the month for all the interviews they did that month. Thank you!

Hi- does anyone know how long does this school make decision after interview? Based on the posts, it seems like they make their decisions at the end of the month for all the interviews they did that month. Thank you!
for me, i interviewed at the beginning of the month and got my A 17 days after! not sure if it's the same as everyone else

Usually it's the last week of the month, potentially the first.

If by chance your a mwu biomed student they hold those decisions till may, which is the boat in in :/

I don't think they're gonna be interviewing all the way until may. I haven't even interviewed so...
They do interview into May. IIRC, it was late May when they finished interviewing.

I think they ultimately do a lot of post-II WL as well since they interview so late (aka they have to give you a response, but also want to see everybody before they issue permanent choices) & then end up accepting a ton of them soon after interviews close.

I think there's also a lot of WL movement from people who ultimately get a late A from another school & choose it for whatever reason, because AZCOM's deposit is only $200. People hold their seat here since it's so cheap to do so.

Edit: Discord link *again* - Join the AZCOM Class of 2027 Discord Server!

Interviewed 2/23 and received the A rn through email!!

Reactions: 4 users
My portal was updated with the Accepted checklist on Friday but I haven't gotten an email. Interviewed on 2/22

I also interviewed 2/23. Got my A yesterday!

Okay, this is going to sound completely stupid, but I'm losing my mind here. Do the rotations during 3rd and 4th year have a chance to be away from the Phoenix area, or am I mixing that up with another school that has far away rotation sites?

I also interviewed 2/23. Got my A yesterday!

Okay, this is going to sound completely stupid, but I'm losing my mind here. Do the rotations during 3rd and 4th year have a chance to be away from the Phoenix area, or am I mixing that up with another school that has far away rotation sites?
They have several rotation sites. 2 or 3 in Cali, chicago, tuscon, potentially a new one in Illinois in the next few years also.
There may be more that I can't remember

It goes off a ranking system/modified lottery and you can switch after you get your location with someone else also. I think they said almost everyone gets their 1 or 2nd pick

Reactions: 1 users
It goes off a ranking system/modified lottery and you can switch after you get your location with someone else also. I think they said almost everyone gets their 1 or 2nd pick
Thank you for the info! I swore I remembered something like that from interviews but was having a hard time finding anything online.

They have several rotation sites. 2 or 3 in Cali, chicago, tuscon, potentially a new one in Illinois in the next few years also.
There may be more that I can't remember
There is another in rural Illinois (Kankakee) that has 2-3 slots I think.

Most of my friends and I got our first picks but a lot of people got sent to Tucson and aren't happy about it... Idk how far down the rank list they had put it but yeah. There's the option to trade with people too.

Anyone here received an interview after being put on the interview waitlist?