St. Augustine in Austin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maya2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that St. Augustine is opening a campus in Austin which is great news. The only problem is that I only have 50 volunteer hours and they want 80 volunteer hours. Does anyone know if I can apply now and just say that my volunteer hours are in progress?

Is anyone else applying to the Austin campus?

Members don't see this ad.

I would apply if the application wasn't so long. I do not know it would be worth my time to refill out all the application forms. Do you think the committee will be more lenient since we will be the first class?

i dont think they will be linient and im sure there is no problem with you applying and writing that the remaining hours are in progress

Members don't see this ad :)
I would apply if the application wasn't so long. I do not know it would be worth my time to refill out all the application forms. Do you think the committee will be more lenient since we will be the first class?

Honestly, If you believe that the application is too long and you need leniency you may not be ready for the rigor of this program. This is one of the shortest DPT programs available, the pace is very fast and the load is not light. Current students will tell you that it is a huge challenge to get through the first year and even a mature student will consider quitting as some point. You should consider how hard you are willing to work.

Well I have already applied to ten schools, I just feel bad and bothering my Physical therapists to get them to fill out more reference papers.
Do you expect the tuition in Austin to be as expensive as the tuition is in Cali and Florida?

Yes, I would expect it to equally as expensive.

They emailed me yesterday saying that I have until the end of January to finish submitting my hours and recommendations. Yay!

That is good news...was waiting to hear on a timeline for the Austin campus. Good luck to you!

Seriously? I just moved from Austin because there weren't any DPT programs there (and not interested in San Marcos at all). Will this program be accredited?

Yes :) I was thrilled when I found out they were building another campus here in Austin. I am sure it will be accredited like the other 2 campuses. No more having to commute to San Marcos or San Antonio for Austinites!

Seriously? I just moved from Austin because there weren't any DPT programs there (and not interested in San Marcos at all). Will this program be accredited?

Does anyone know if the Austin campus has started doing interviews for the January 2013 entering class? Or are they still trying to fill the Fall entering class?

So if they are still trying to fill the Fall class does that mean they are still accepting applications for the fall, or are they still trying to fill it with applications that met the deadline?

So if they are still trying to fill the Fall class does that mean they are still accepting applications for the fall, or are they still trying to fill it with applications that met the deadline?

they are probably not accepting applications for the fall, but just still deciding on those who met the deadline. for instance, I submitted my application in November and the deadline was December.