When Will We Know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know that all dental schools work differently. But in general, when will we be notified which schools we have been accepted/rejected from? And by when do we have to tell the schools that we plan to attend it next fall?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

this info can be found on the aadsas portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything can happen at anytime. Aadsas portal is slightly helpful but each school updates at their own pace.
My experience:

Nova: Rejection Aug 5 (my birthday, lol)
Boston University: Interview Invite Aug 18
Creighton University: Interview Invite Aug 18
NYU: Interview Invite: October 11
LECOM: Interview Invite October 26
LSU: Interview Invite November 26
Tufts: Interview Invite December 16
Temple Rejection: Sometime in APril or May
UPenn Rejection: October 31
UCSF Rejection: Mid November

I applied late June ( I think I was in the 3rd batch). I got some acceptances Dec 1, some came later. Anything can happen at any time. Just be patient. It seemed like after I stopped thinking about a school and wrote it off, I'd hear good news from them!
Hope this helps if you're applying to any of the above schools though.

It really varies like crazy. I got interviews in september, october, november, and even as late as march -- rejections in november, march, april -- acceptances december and june -- and I applied first batch. lol. As for your second question, that also varies...some schools give you 2 weeks; some give you a month. It's usually the time they give you to make an initial deposit.

Does the deadline for telling a school that you will attend depend on when they interview/give you acceptance? Or is there just a date that everyone has to reply to by regardless of when they were notified of their acceptance?

Thanks

Does the deadline for telling a school that you will attend depend on when they interview/give you acceptance? Or is there just a date that everyone has to reply to by regardless of when they were notified of their acceptance?

Thanks

I think this information can vary by school because they all have their preferences. Most schools I believe clarify in their acceptance letters how much time you get to put your first deposit down, and I would think that the date they give you is dependent on the date of your acceptance. As for second deposits etc., I know some schools do have a set deadline for that payment to continue holding your seat in the class. Waiver: I'm merely a pre-dent making these statements based off of info in the ADEA Guide. Hope this helps.

If you're accepted on Dec 1st you will have a little over a month, depending on the school. Your deposit will likely be due sometime during the first week of Janurary. They'll let you know in your acceptance letter/email. Your full deposit will be due, which will likely be anywhere between a few hundred and a few thousand dollars.

If you are accepted after Dec 1st, you will probably have a shorter time to decide and submit a deposit. It will probably be more like 2 weeks or so. If you're accepted really late (April or later) it might only be a few days to decide.

~Roughly about how much is the deposit for some schools? a 1,000?

If you haven't already bought it, get the ADEA guidebook. It lists this information for each school.

As a general rule though, if it's a private school, expect the first deposit to be between $1000-$1500. Then there will be a second deposit due in April.

Anything can happen at anytime. Aadsas portal is slightly helpful but each school updates at their own pace.
My experience:

I applied late June ( I think I was in the 3rd batch). I got some acceptances Dec 1, some came later. Anything can happen at any time. Just be patient. It seemed like after I stopped thinking about a school and wrote it off, I'd hear good news from them!

Mind sharing your stats??

My experience:

So are you saying LSU sent out your interview invitation on November 26, or is that the day of your interview?