****The Official New England Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an invitation!!! brand new dental school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
WooHoo!!

Got one as well! when is yours scheduled?
according to email, it says mine scheduled for 9.24 but on the link, it says 9.14:confused:

I just emailed to confirm the date

Last edited:
WooHoo!!

Got one as well! when is yours scheduled?
according to email, it says mine scheduled for 9.24 but on the link, it says 9.14:confused:

I just emailed to confirm the date

says october 1st

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey mine is oct 1 as well. Does anybody know what the format of the interview? They said there will be both group and individual ones... Is it MMI style??

Hey mine is oct 1 as well. Does anybody know what the format of the interview? They said there will be both group and individual ones... Is it MMI style??

really ? is it just like midwestern? air tickets is on avg $450. anyone got any suggestions on hotel? Staying near airport or school?

really ? is it just like midwestern? air tickets is on avg $450. anyone got any suggestions on hotel? Staying near airport or school?

I don't know.. but e-mail said there will be both individual and group interviews. This is my first time so... I have no clue. I think I will drive, which will take me good 4-5 hours but I think it will become handy later on. I will try to find place near school though.

What were your DAT scores and GPA if you don't mind me asking?

Will other schools know that you have decline at a particular school? Will it make you look bad if you decline to go near the interview date even after you made the RSVP?

I don't think that dental schools are informed on your interview status at different schools. Even if they were, I think most are too overwhelmed with applicants to look into it. I do think it will make you look bad in the eyes of the dental school you cancel on after RSVPing, but again, I don't think other schools would find out.

Anybody getting interviews outside of NH, VT, or ME?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone plan to do anything on the day before Monday Oct. 1 (interview date)? I should get to my hotel around 2:30pm. Hang out ? Drink?

For the people who will have interviews soon... does school send another e-mail beside confirmation e-mail? I thought that they will send some other e-mails as time approaches and I have nothing but confirmation one.

For those who interviewed around 9/25, what was the interview day like? What was the format and what types of questions are being asked?
Mine is on Oct. 1 and i'm kind of freaking out right now:laugh:
Anyway congrats on completing the interview!

For the people who will have interviews soon... does school send another e-mail beside confirmation e-mail? I thought that they will send some other e-mails as time approaches and I have nothing but confirmation one.

They send the itinerary a few days before the interview.

I got my interview offer today for 10/12. I'm looking forward to hearing back from people who have participated in the first couple sessions to hear about their impressions of the school, the program, and their interview experience. Good luck.

Stats pretty please?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

feedback after interview:

for me, the interview was quite relaxed. they all tried to make interviewees feel comfy.

dean koebl was super nice as well, telling us stories of his life and some advice.

there was only one interview after getting brief explanation of the school at a seminar room.

most of the qs during interview were common, so no worry would be needed. they basically wanted to know each candidate.

i personally liked the school and atmosphere. there were enough places around old port to hang out! :laugh:

anyways, good luck to all!!! :xf:

feedback after interview:

for me, the interview was quite relaxed. they all tried to make interviewees feel comfy.

dean koebl was super nice as well, telling us stories of his life and some advice.

there was only one interview after getting brief explanation of the school at a seminar room.

most of the qs during interview were common, so no worry would be needed. they basically wanted to know each candidate.

i personally liked the school and atmosphere. there were enough places around old port to hang out! :laugh:

anyways, good luck to all!!! :xf:
Thanks for the feedback. Just one more question out of curiosity, how many interviewees were there with you?

Stats pretty please?

TS: 21
AA: 21
PAT: 24
GPA science: 3.68
GPA overall: 3.5
I'm a resident of ME/NH/VT, so UNE is the closest option that I have to a state school. It sounds like they are building out a good program.

Last edited:
Mine was today and there were morning and afternoon sessions. Each session has 12.

Thanks for the feedback. Just one more question out of curiosity, how many interviewees were there with you?

I remember there were 7 in my afternoon session.

it seemed around 8 in mourning session

i had a social responsibility question. very similiar to WesternU' questions

i had a social responsibility question. very similiar to WesternU' questions

Dean Koebel led the founding of Western's dental school. I think his staff (our interviewers) were also interviewers for Western. That's why our interviews are so similar to Western's.

Dean Koebel led the founding of Western's dental school. I think his staff (our interviewers) were also interviewers for Western. That's why our interviews are so similar to Western's.

I guess I'm prepared for western interview lol. That's if I can get one from there

Does anyone have tuition information for UNE? I can't find anything about DMD tuition on their website.

Does anyone have tuition information for UNE? I can't find anything about DMD tuition on their website.

That's because they haven't set it yet. :scared:

They said during the financial aid presentation that it would be around $56,000 but they don't decide until Feb/Mar.

Last edited:
I just got an invitation for 11/26 how was it?!?!

Got my invite this morning for November 19!! Anyone else going on that day that would want to split a hotel room? PM me!

Invited today for 11/16....not sure if I will be going yet. I need more feedback from more internet strangers to help me form my opinion :laugh:

when were all your guys's apps complete? trying to figure out where they're at...

Still waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Invited today for 11/16....not sure if I will be going yet. I need more feedback from more internet strangers to help me form my opinion :laugh:
Hey man I was wondering, you dont think you'll get any other interviews with those stats? What other schools did you get invitations from? How many applications did you put in? Also, what did you get on QR? JWondering to know what my chances are, THANKS!! (:)

56k + living costs

It's not finalized by the board's yet