-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official UIC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by sshaltoni06
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
the school is a mystery to me sometimes. if I didn't have a spread sheet I"d probably forgot I even applied to them. Its odd how there's very little posting about them from previous years on here compared to other schools. they have a relatively large applicant pool ~1500. Maybe I'm just picking the wrong search terms.
anyways last thing I got was their email saying they are manual processing apps, so we should give them time and try not to call.
Eventually I notice they updated the AADSAS portal but with pretty much the same note from email. that was about 3 weeks ago and since then nothing. Their own portal shows they got everything for me and to await further updates.
anyways last thing I got was their email saying they are manual processing apps, so we should give them time and try not to call.
Eventually I notice they updated the AADSAS portal but with pretty much the same note from email. that was about 3 weeks ago and since then nothing. Their own portal shows they got everything for me and to await further updates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview on Sept 21!
Just got an interview on Sept 21!
wow congrats! are you in-state our OOS?
anyone else get an interview from UIC? I still haven't heard anything or heard anyone else who received an interview there so far. (first batch applicant)
Has anyone received any recent emails?
the last email I got from them was don't call/email we're doing things manually.
that was back on 8/22.
My aadsas portal says this.
"08/21/2012 Received/Waiting Additional Information UIC College of Dentistry may be missing a supplemental application fee or other materials. Applicants should check the AADSAS student portal to confirm all materials have been submitted. Credit card payments are not automatically updated. Thanks for your patience as all items must be entered manually. "
I head to their portal everything has been marked at received since august.
the last email I got from them was don't call/email we're doing things manually.
that was back on 8/22.
My aadsas portal says this.
"08/21/2012 Received/Waiting Additional Information UIC College of Dentistry may be missing a supplemental application fee or other materials. Applicants should check the AADSAS student portal to confirm all materials have been submitted. Credit card payments are not automatically updated. Thanks for your patience as all items must be entered manually. "
I head to their portal everything has been marked at received since august.
What does your status say on the ADEA site?
Just received an interview invite today from UIC. In state.
Just received an interview invite today from UIC. In state.
Are you in state?
Just received an interview invite today from UIC. In state.
Nm. Good luck on your interview
Anyone received an interview from UIC in recent weeks?
I received an email today about an interview on October 22. In state
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here. I feel better knowing I'll see Ricky Bobby there. Shake n bake!I received an email today about an interview on October 22. In state
Anyone know how many people interview on one date?
i realize they're a state school but has any one out of state received an interview yet? i'm first batch & i got the email saying all of my stuff is complete. on the uic portal, it says "submitted to college for review," but i haven't heard anything and it's almost november!!
so yah. any out of state applicants with better luck? would love to see chicago..
so yah. any out of state applicants with better luck? would love to see chicago..
Blondie my group had 8 or 9 people. All interviews are individual though.
ggj, we had two OOSers today. One was from Alabama
thanks for the info! hope to hear from them soon, even if it's post-december. best of luck!
Got an email today that my app is (finally) under review. Up until now it said "maybe some items incomplete" I did the supplemental app months ago. 5th batch in state.
When is your interview in November?
Nov. 15thWhen is your interview in November?
Is it true that UIC schedules interviews in order of how high your stats are?
Very unlikely.Is it true that UIC schedules interviews in order of how high your stats are?
I have an interview at UIC next week. They just emailed me. 🙂
So do they ask everybody to submit an $85 supplemental application. And how long after submitting that did it take to get an interview. I don't want to waste my time or money...HELP I NEED ANSWERS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
?So do they ask everybody to submit an $85 supplemental application. And how long after submitting that did it take to get an interview. I don't want to waste my time or money...HELP I NEED ANSWERS
Almost all schools require a fee. Just because you submit a fee doesn't mean you'll get an interview (we don't know your stats....). If you don't want a chance of getting one - don't submit the fee.
How did the open house go?
sorry just got back on here now... it was great! was mostly intended for people who are yet to apply. but they gave us a tour of the school which looked awesome with the new renovations. we were able to talk to a lot of dental students that were walking around and i got to personally go around with a couple of them. they told me all about the new curriculum and whatnot. there was a talk about research programs at UIC as well... it was nice to put my name on paper/show my face because i have an interview there in a week.
Do they update AADSAS on the 1st or do we have to wait until the 3rd?
Did anyone's status change from 'Invited for Interview'?
nope, still says interview.. I don't think they will be updating us until dec 3rd at the earliest.. that's what they told us at the interview session at least.
nope. 🙁
nope. 🙁
I am starting to get worried.. because I know they are making calls in the morning. 🙁
facebook group??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where is the facebook group? Just got accepted too! 😀
What time did they call you guys? I dunno if they are going to call me anymore haha
What time did they call you guys? I dunno if they are going to call me anymore haha
Don't worry you'll get in!
Last edited:
Tweakin out mannnnnnnnmnm hahaha.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K