09/12/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fudge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just officially signed up for this beast. It's early but I figured this thread could provide some moral support to keep me on track with studying:) I have not done a couple of the pre-requisites, so slow and steady works for me. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys..been reading this thread for a while..also took the test this date..and I have the exact same qualms about it lol..funny..but praying and hoping that I won't have to take the test again. I am not applying this cycle so I guess that's why I am not anxious/nervous to see the score. So we have what 12 days left...these days are gonna go by soooo fast.

And the jokes are here are funny..we are definitely the most 'chill' group of everyone thus far :)

I am soo glad to be done with the MCAT. I barely think about it now. It's like a bad nightmare that you are slowly forgetting! Sweet. I'm gonna go do something lazy. Bye guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
11 days.... :xf:

Just in case anybody lost track...

Also, here is a joke, supposedly one of the funniest in the world:

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head.

The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator, in a calm, soothing voice, says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."
spacer.gif

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "Okay, now what?"

Last edited:
Today's comedian is the legendary Rodney Dangerfield.

"I was tired one night and I went to the bar to have a few drinks. The bartender asked me, "What'll you have?" I said, "Surprise me." He showed me a naked picture of my wife."

"During sex my wife always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel."

'One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."'

"Oh, yeah. I get a ton of pus**. But that's the kind of guy I am.... a rapist!"

I went to see my doctor... Doctor Vidi-boom-ba. Yeah...I told him once, "Doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me? He said, "I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect."

My psychiatrist told me I'm going crazy. I told him, "If you don't mind, I'd like a second opinion." He said, "All right. You're ugly too!"

dnagerfield.jpg

Oh man, only 8 more days....
Between now and next Tuesday, my life is gonna feel like a ticking time bomb.
:scared:

I'm guessing you aren't from California...

Seriously though, state schools are a mixed bag, as are private schools. There are some great ones (Berkeley, UVA, UMICH, Texas, etc.) and there are some pretty crappy ones. The great ones are consistently ranked with the top Privates. No offense, but if you didn't go to a top state school this could explain your viewpoint a bit. If you did, maybe you are just smart/ talented enough to skate by with minimal work. I really don't think that the MCAT is about where you went to school. In some cases, sadly, it isn't even about how hard you study. One of my good friends did NOTHING in school and barely skated by with just above a 2.0. He scored upper 30's on the MCAT studying only the week before. His dad is also a nuclear physicist so maybe genetics has something to do with it. He is doing Carribbean due to the GPA thing but he will still be an MD nonetheless. In contrast, I've met people who went to Harvard who couldn't crack 30 to save their lives. Just some food for thought...

No, I am not from Cali and I def am no "smart/talented". I went to a CT state school for financial reasons.. So if anyone wants to breeze by college go to a CT state school.. lol ... How is everyone else passing this time?! Only a little over a week left guys!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I stopped caring about the mcat for a while, but this weekend I had a very vivid nightmare that I got a 25. Guess we're back to panic-mode. Is anyone else experiencing this? This sucks! I can't believe what a test does to people.

Hey, do y'all think our scores will be released a day early, like on Monday?

The tentative score release date for the 9/3 and 9/4 MCATers was 10/6, but they got theirs today!

Hmm...guess I'll be hitting the refresh button all day Monday just in case. :D

Hey, do y'all think our scores will be released a day early, like on Monday?

The tentative score release date for the 9/3 and 9/4 MCATers was 10/6, but they got theirs today!

Hmm...guess I'll be hitting the refresh button all day Monday just in case. :D

You and me both.

I've taken a fire and forget attitude on this one. I hate waiting in anticipation, it's like waiting till Christmas to open your gifts! Unfortunately I've placed in a $500+ application fee for Canadian med schools already...Rolled the dice on that one.

probably not monday b/c thats a holiday...will be delayed a day if anything...or maybe FRI so they can be done with it by the long weekend

Today's comedian is Zach Galifianakis

"I dream of moving to India, or Pakistan, and becoming a cabdriver."

"I also dream of starting a three-man country trio called the Chixie Dicks."

"Did you ever wake up with an erection...and find yourself in a massage chair at Brookstone? And you yell to the sales clerk 'I'll take it!'"

"Whenever I'm with a woman I whisper softly into her ear, 'Touch my vagina,' and she's like, 'What!' and I'm like, 'That's what you're supposed to say.'"

"At what age do you think it's appropriate to tell a highway it's adopted?"

Galifianakis.JPG

probably not monday b/c thats a holiday...will be delayed a day if anything...or maybe FRI so they can be done with it by the long weekend

Well, it's just Columbus Day though, not like Thanksgiving or Christmas; so I don't think they should delay it, cuz that would add to the misery and anxiety that we are already suffering from. Plus, I still have class on that day, so it shouldn't be that big of deal.

It's Canadian Thanksgiving next Monday!

Nothing washes down turkey like an mcat score.

We're next. The closer the score release date comes the more nervous I get. At first I was in a hurry to see my scores, but now I'm not so sure. hahaha

I keep telling myself to be optimistic about my score, but it's so hard!
If it ends up being horrible, then that means I would have to wait a whole year before I can actually start studying again, and by then I would've already forgotten everything! Ahhh.....:scared:

Hello all,

This is my first post on the board but I have been following this thread since the big 9/12/09. I just thought I would chime in and voice my support for all those who got through the exam a few weeks ago.

Suffice it to say that I wish I had spent more time working out problems on acid/base chem, genetics, and pee.. but oh well, only 8 days and a few more nightmares away from the big day. It seems that most of us are past the post-MCAT "ugh" feeling and are just waiting for AAMC to churn out those scores so we can rest peacefully (or start studying again.)

By the way, for anyone here that's curious about the user name, yes -- it is a real word. I discovered it just a few moments ago. It was a toss-up between 'kerfuffle' and 'persnickety', but I felt that persnickety sounded a bit too feminine for a guy. Just one of the many ways I pass the time before MCAT score release day... looking up funny words: http://www.inherentlyfunny.com/cat-3-funny_words.html. Sad, I know.

Thank you AAMC for causing a worldwide kerfuffle! My best wishes go out to those of you who, like myself, have already applied to schools this year or will be applying this cycle. Medicine, here we come!

In keeping with the new tradition, here are a few funny images I thought would be worth sharing...

sometimes.jpg

bigger.jpg

omg.gif

(I'm not gonna lie, this is how I felt for a good portion of the PS section...)

Okay I lied, I'm starting to get nervous now. Gah. Let's collectively fuel our self-doubt and anxiety. What are you guys going to do if you get a bad score?

Me, I'm going to cry like I haven't since I was in 3rd grade and my brother beat the crap out of me. And then after I apply and get rejected from medical school, I will plot to become Director of AAMC in order to fire everyone in the MCAT Department and burn all of the MCAT files, ensuring that no one will ever need to endure this senseless pain ever again.

Last edited:
Okay I lied, I'm starting to get nervous now. Gah. Let's collectively fuel our self-doubt and anxiety. What are you guys going to do if you get a bad score?

Me, I'm going to cry like I haven't since I was in 3rd grade and my brother beat the crap out of me. And then after I apply and get rejected from medical school, I will plot to become Director of AAMC in order to fire everyone in the MCAT Department and burn all of the MCAT files, ensureing that no one ever will ever need to endure this senseless pain ever again.

Hey, that's exactly my plan too!! :D

Ok so I've been doing my best to put the MCAT on the backburner but I had a nice reminder in my dream last night...

Apparently I was somewhere in which we received little yellow papers with our score report. My score? A 38E. As I proceeded to go around bragging about my score and showing everyone the cumulative number I was very careful to cover up this "E" on the writing section so that nobody would see how poorly I did.

Now I'm pretty sure that E is not even a possible writing score but I thought it was kind of random that I would have a dream about my writing sample of all things. Of course, the numerical score I would take in a heartbeat although I don't remember the section by section breakdown from my dream (if there was one).

As for the "E"? Perhaps it was because I had just watched the season finale of Entourage before retiring last night? That's the best I can come up with on that one..

Ok so I've been doing my best to put the MCAT on the backburner but I had a nice reminder in my dream last night...

Apparently I was somewhere in which we received little yellow papers with our score report. My score? A 38E. As I proceeded to go around bragging about my score and showing everyone the cumulative number I was very careful to cover up this "E" on the writing section so that nobody would see how poorly I did.

Now I'm pretty sure that E is not even a possible writing score but I thought it was kind of random that I would have a dream about my writing sample of all things. Of course, the numerical score I would take in a heartbeat although I don't remember the section by section breakdown from my dream (if there was one).

As for the "E"? Perhaps it was because I had just watched the season finale of Entourage before retiring last night? That's the best I can come up with on that one..

lol.. That entourage finale was awesome!!l I cant believe eric is getting married..Matt Damon was hilarious !:laugh:

Well, it's just Columbus Day though, not like Thanksgiving or Christmas; so I don't think they should delay it, cuz that would add to the misery and anxiety that we are already suffering from. Plus, I still have class on that day, so it shouldn't be that big of deal.

AAMC is closed on columbus day so there is no one to put the scores up

last year scores for the last MCAT administration came out 2 days after columbus day (came out on the 14th at 1PM)

and AAMC loves to see us suffer in pain which is why they still have the MCAT...plenty of studies have showed no correlation between MCAT score and how good a doctor you are...the only correlation is between score and step 1 pass rate, and even there the GRE is just as good a predictor....maybe AAMC is in bed with the mental health/ counseling industry??lol

Last edited:
lol.. That entourage finale was awesome!!l I cant believe eric is getting married..Matt Damon was hilarious !:laugh:

I can't believe it either...but then again, if I had a girl like Sloan I'd probably try to lock it up too! You gotta feel for poor Turtle tho...

Matt Damon thing was random but definitely hilarious

I can't believe it either...but then again, if I had a girl like Sloan I'd probably try to lock it up too!

I can't believe Sloan left me for E!

In regards to what we will do with what MCAT score we receive.

29+ Most likely will get into UAB and become a doctor while still hanging with a lot of my best friends who go there now. Then become rich and marry a trophy wife who can cook good and is great in the sack.

24-28 Most likely go to some DO school in Georgia or Florida. Become a doctor but will spend most of my free time explaining to people what a DO is. Have a mediocre salary compared to friends who didn't try near as hard, became lawyers and sue my ass.

Lower than 24?.... I donno... they do say that happiness is a warm gun... bang, bang, shoot , shoot...

29+ Most likely will get into UAB and become a doctor while still hanging with a lot of my best friends who go there now. Then become rich and marry a trophy wife who can cook good and is great in the sack.

24-28 Most likely go to some DO school in Georgia or Florida. Become a doctor but will spend most of my free time explaining to people what a DO is. Have a mediocre salary compared to friends who didn't try near as hard, became lawyers and sue my ass.

Lower than 24?.... I donno... they do say that happiness is a warm gun... bang, bang, shoot , shoot...

:thumbup: :smuggrin:

HAHAH I love this guy. Truer words have never been spoken. As for Sloan, maybe she'll come back to you once you get that MD bro...

With the DO?? Not so much...

Today's comedian of the day is Daniel Tosh!

When I was a kid, even my imaginary friend played with the kid across the street. I'd be, like, "Hey, so I guess I'll see you later," and he's, like, "Whatever, queer!"

I'm a lousy piece of ass, and I know, I've been there almost every time. I mean, the closest thing I got to a birds and bees talk was with my dad. He was like, "Son, sex is a lot like this egg." "Dad, I think those are drugs." "Whatever, queer!" "Why does everyone keep saying that?" "Listen up, son, listen good. You take a woman and crack her over the head and lie her flat. Make sure she sizzles and then flip her over. Don't stand too close or you'll get yellow stuff all over the bacon—" What? I see some of you holding your stomach and feeling: "That was a sick joke..." No it wasn't. That was a breakfast joke. That's the most important joke of the day. If you don't laugh at that, you're gonna be sleepy around 11:30. And you'll be like, "Why am I so tired?"

What if you went to heaven and God meets you and says, "Hey, welcome to ****in' heaven." I'm like, "What did you say?" "Welcome to ****in' heaven." "I didn't know you could swear." "****, yeah, it's ****ing heaven" "Well, I was raised as a child never to swear." "Where does it say in the Bible that you can't ****in' swear?" "No ****in' where!" "All right, now you are getting the hang of it. Oh, yeah, I saw some slutty bitches outside the pearly gates? You wanna tap that? They ain't gettin' in!" "What?" "No, just kidding. You aren't in heaven, you're in hell. You've been punk'd." Arghhh! Damn you, Ashton! That was elaborate. Way to go the extra mile. Even in the afterlife, you're a douchebag. Hope it was worth it charity-bangin' that geriatric for all eternity.

I always wondered if those WWJD bracelets worked, so I bought one the other day. Does everybody have their WWJD bracelets on? 'Cause I was wearing my bracelet recently, and I was in the movie theater, and this guy's cell phone went off -- don't you just hate that? Then he picked it up, 'Hey, how's it going? I'm in a movie.' And so I say....and I'm not going to censor myself here 'Hey buddy, Get off the phone please!' And he's like, 'Mind your own business *******. So I reach over the seat, I want to punch him in the face, but at that moment I see my braclet: what would Jesus do? So I lit him on fire and sent him to Hell.

One time I put a What Would Jesus Do bracelet on my Jewish friend's wrist. It burned his skin. He threw it on the ground and it turned into a serpent. We both started laughing. We think snakes are slimy, even though we know they're not.

Me and my girlfriend went on vacation recently to Hawaii and when we got off the plane she was like, "This looks a lot like Birmingham, Alabama." And I'm like, "Shut up Britney Spears!" And she's like "Quit calling me Britney Spears!" And Im like (smack), "No one talks to The Rock that way!" The weird thing is, I don't even have a girlfriend... That was just some lady on the bus... She did not smell what I was cooking...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTXTHMtnXA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Hi, my friend in medical school pointed me to the page where we Sept 12 MCAT takers were posting. I had no idea that some many people felt like me. I'm a non-trad student. A 39 year old single mom with two baby girls - my eldest is 3 1/2 and my youngest is 17 months. Working full time as an IT project manager, raising my daughters, AND trying to study for the MCAT after having taken my prereqs 5 years ago, was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I felt good about 3 out of 4 sections. I ran out of time on PS and had to take the last 3-4 min and just bubble in 10-15 answers. That is scary as hell! Hoped I guessed well! I have applied for the 2010 class and most of my secondaries are already in. I've never had so much stress in my life as preparing for this damn piece of s--- exam. I mean, are we really going to have to know Physics in medical school??? Anyway, I don't feel so alone anymore. Good luck to everyone! :)

hey guys..quick question...if we sign into the score report login...what message do you see?? Mine says you have no scores yet...i know I'm paranoid :scared: lol...i have some sick dream that is making me think I hit void by mistake...hopefully you all see the same message too :laugh:

hey guys..quick question...if we sign into the score report login...what message do you see?? Mine says you have no scores yet...i know I'm paranoid :scared: lol...i have some sick dream that is making me think I hit void by mistake...hopefully you all see the same message too :laugh:

Mine says the same thing too. Yeah, I hope I didn't by any chance hit void w/o knowing also...man, that would suck big time! I'll be keeping my fingers :xf: in these last few days we have left.

I didn't think that the MCAT would affect me so much in these last few days, but I can't stop thinking about them. I'm just worried that I score much below average. I've even hesitant to predict what my score will be so as to not be disappointed when they come back. (or hopefully pleasantly surprised.)

Mine says the exact same thing and at the end of the test I actually clicked back to double check that I indeed did not pick the void option lol

Thanks guy..I feel soooo much better. Yes and I agree with Vertex. I didn't think I was gonna be affected these last few days..before you know it Tuesday is gonna be here. OY!!

I cant wait till Tuesday!!!!!!!!!! This wait is killing me!!!

Lol, the last few days are the worst.

Thankfully, it's Thanksgiving up here, and I can use turkey, wine and naps to forget about the MCAT for a little bit.