This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaba123

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thx! I worry that this might come off as suspicious or dishonesty/exaggeration, especially since a doctor at the clinic wrote me a LOR, and there might be a discrepancy between my description and hers, as she likely described me as a volunteer.
Oh, I understand. But I can't see this raising anyones eyebrows (like if I were to interview you, I wouldn't think twice about it personally). A clinical research coordinator is a relatively nonspecific title. What will matter more is that you are genuinely actively involved in this research and can talk about it. If I ask you about the research, you need to be able to discuss your role and the projects themselves (the background, goal, methods, and results - if completed). If you can't do this in an interview, that is a true red flag. If you have publications and presentations from the experience, this is even better!

As an current MD applicant, I described my volunteering at the clinic as "clinical research coordinator" because I received trainings of a CRC and have overlapping roles with other CRCs at the clinc (traffic control, patient recruitment, etc). However, I recently realized that CRC is actually a formal position at the hospital, usually full-time and paid. It's an honest mistake, but would this raise red flags for Adcoms?

P.S. I got one II so far.
This is a nothing Burger

Reactions: 1 users
If you tagged this as volunteer, clinical or volunteer, clinical and not "research" then it will be relatively clear that you were not employed. If anyone has a question, they might ask during the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.