QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Now that the weather is going to be cooling off, I'll be getting back into baking mode when I have some time. Will def be coming up with some good midneat meals. Maybe I'll post some pics.![]()
Sure, but I have to warn you that I'm a substituter, and I don't always measure things.and recipes please, although I'm a terrible baker.
I have a terrible confession.
I have never in my life used a cake mix. Are they easy? (Truly I am not kidding here). I just seems like so much work to go get a box of mix (and i hear i would need veggie oil? don't have any of that either) when I have all the ingredients for a scratch cake in my pantry.
Dang. That makes me sound like a total *****.
I made white chocolate apricot scones last week. They were yummy.
Just want to say for the record that I like you, Chip. 👍
Now that the weather is going to be cooling off, I'll be getting back into baking mode when I have some time. Will def be coming up with some good midneat meals. Maybe I'll post some pics.![]()
I have never in my life used a cake mix. Are they easy? (Truly I am not kidding here). I just seems like so much work to go get a box of mix (and i hear i would need veggie oil? don't have any of that either) when I have all the ingredients for a scratch cake in my pantry.

I'll probably have the overgrown mutt outside my bedroom door whimpering wanting to come in and sleep by me soon 🙄
I have a few questions since you're in Alaska,It's nice to see this thread back up at the top again. Tonight I plumbed in a water softener. For the first time in my life I completed a plumbing project from start to finish with no interruptions to run to Home Depot for pipe fittings. That was the last significant project I had, so my house is finished! I'll be conducting a round-robin auction this Sunday. If any of you are stupid enough to want to live in North Pole, Alaska, you are welcome to place a bid.
Nice work Chip!!! So you thinking you'll be headed to Tulane? Isn't that where MTHeaded is?
I have a few questions since you're in Alaska,
Do you have an block heater for your truck?
Do you leave your car running when you run up to the super market or out to eat?
and once it gets below -20 degrees, does it feel the same?
Thanks
Totally. Though I have to say that there are some definite hoarders among the staff in my hospital.Hey, you've gotta enjoy all the Twinkies you can while they're still around.

I am. Actually I'm off tonight, but I'm forcing myself to stay awake because I start working nights again tomorrow. So I'm doing mindless things like laundry, answering emails, stupid online hospital modules, etc. This is an off-service rotation (meaning not in my specialty but required anyway). It's not fun by any stretch of the imagination (mainly because the hours suck and there's a significant amount of scut), but it isn't as bad as I was expecting. Not that that means much.So, brain's ready to be done for the semester.... one week left though.
It's 3 a.m. and I'm on a disrupted sleep schedule as usual, taking a study break, drinking eggnog.
Anyone else up?
Anybody up? Just woke up, finished 6 10hr night shifts this morning so sleep's a bit off as usual.
My check engine light is on and my car is acting funny and I have a 14 hr drive one way coming up to go home and see my family for the holidays. 🙁 I'm also right on the line with the warranty.
Right now though my focus is on debating either trying to make eggnog french toast with crispy hash browns for ...... well whatever meal it is when you wake up at midnight with your stomach growling, or eating something somewhat healthier. Also, whether I should just chill and keep reading Game of Thrones, watch a movie, or try to sort paperwork and clean my house....
in other news, people suck http://news.yahoo.com/college-students-turtle-project-takes-dark-twist-182457207.html
Ah come on. Who'd aim for a turtle for God's sake? One of my good deeds was in moving a beautiful box turtle away from my nosey dogs this past summer. Turtles are incredibly cool.
Yea. Some people can pull up the ole suck factor.
Have a nice visit with your family. 14 hours on the road is tough. Done it a number of times on my way up to Maine. I was pretty much delirious when I got there.
Be safe!
My check engine light is on and my car is acting funny and I have a 14 hr drive one way coming up to go home and see my family for the holidays. 🙁 I'm also right on the line with the warranty.
Acting funny how?
Yeah, I've apparently earned a reputation among my friends for moving turtles, snakes, and even frogs off the road if it's safe for me to do so. They give me grief about it, but I know for a fact if I wasn't the first one jumping out to do it, they would be doing it too. lol
Did you have a good holiday, or were you working? Or did you have a good holiday and work?
Up.
Working on genetics homework. The class is pretty easy, but because I am interested I am sitting here doing all the problems in the back of the chapters and reading ahead. My textbook says that Ectrodactyly is aka "lobster claw syndrome". If you ask me, that's pretty f***ed up. Regardless, it is a nice break from doing my fluid mechanics homework for my M.Sc.
I've now moved on to dessert. Cookie dough ice cream.
I wish that I could eat cookie dough ice cream. I am lactose intolerant.
Fluid dynamics isn't so bad, so long as you're decent with diff EQ. Super helpful in computer modeling. Geophysical Inverse Theory, now that s**t sucks. I am curious where I'll be able to use my modeling skills in the medical field. I am sure that there are a million different uses for the same software packages/languages that I use, but I just can't imagine them at the moment.
Off to bed it seems.

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.