QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yet...and I managed to turn 33 two days ago without earning myself a darwin award!
by the way, am I allowed to post if it is not 12AM-6AM in my time zone?
will adcom look down on this? how should I classify this as an EC? am I going to the Caribbeans?
Dude(tte), you totally ruined my thread. Therefore, I just blackballed you at every med school in the country. Sorry, better luck next app season.by the way, am I allowed to post if it is not 12AM-6AM in my time zone?
will adcom look down on this? how should I classify this as an EC? am I going to the Caribbeans?
It's currently 5AM here in FL. 😀I dunno. I mean it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
Dude(tte), you totally ruined my thread. Therefore, I just blackballed you at every med school in the country. Sorry, better luck next app season.
Ha, my parents can stay up half the night watching some movie or series on Netflix. Me, ain't nobody got time for that. It's actually annoying that they STILL want to watch TV when they come visit me. I'm like, you guys watch TV for several hours every day at home. Why do you want to watch it here? But they kvetched enough about it that I finally did get a TV, which I never watch except when they come to visit. 🙄Oh hey, I'm awake again.
I am apparently the only one in my immediate family who can stay awake for an entire movie.
Ha, my parents can stay up half the night watching some movie or series on Netflix. Me, ain't nobody got time for that. It's actually annoying that they STILL want to watch TV when they come visit me. I'm like, you guys watch TV for several hours every day at home. Why do you want to watch it here? But they kvetched enough about it that I finally did get a TV, which I never watch except when they come to visit. 🙄
Hmm. My mom has a cell, but she primarily uses her landline. So getting her out of her house is an effective way of cutting her off. On the other hand, when I go to their house, I always have to remember to unplug the phone in the guest room. It rings nonstop from about 9AM to 9 PM. Why all these old ladies in this retirement community who literally see each other every day feel the need to also spend hours talking to each other on the phone is a little beyond me. But they do.Turning on a movie seems to be about the only way my grandma and i can disengage my mom from her cell phone
It's currently 5AM here in FL. 😀
... FL?!?!?
Ignore the old fart on the forum 😉1. Wait, what?!?1. dude
2. going to the caribbeans anyway
3. not applying this season
4. it is now 7 AM
View attachment 197248
1. Wait, what?!?
2. St Maarten and sea turtles it is 🙂
3. you're gonna be with me? I won't be "all by myself" ??
When I was young... many, many years ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Wait ... nvm.
... at least sea turtles don't blacklist me from medical schools, they accept me for who I am *sniff*
I'll accept you for who you are but do you like CRONES???? 🙂
Had an extra hour of work. Boo. Not that I can really complain since my schedule was reduced this month. 😛
Felt like bumping this up. It's 0150. I have Night Float weekend. Meaning I have to make myself sleep-deprived the night before so that I can (poorly) adapt to sleeping in the daytime.
The "joys" you all are vying to attain. It's not too late to reconsider!
Speaking as someone who regularly lives on the reverse schedule as the rest of the world (including staying up all night on my nights off), my advice is to flip back and forth as little as possible. While pulling all-nighters in your 40s is not fun, if you get on a regular schedule, being up nights and sleeping days is doable.


call in sick.
Showed up for the 8 a.m. meeting and my boss goes, "Thought you were on vacation today, too."
I said, "i will gladly go back home"
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.