This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dienepredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Im interested in pursuing endo in the future however I know they rarely take people straight out of dental school unless you’re a superstar (which I am not). I am a very average student I just found I liked endo a lot when we started clinic. So I plan on doing a GPR/AEGD (most likely GPR) to build up my chances first.

My question is, does anybody know which programs do a lot of endo or focus on endo? I dont want to go to a program just to do a lot of prophies and restorations. Any input or advice is appreciated :)

San Diego VA GPR does a TON of endo. An impressive amount.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know we don't do endo differently here on the west coast ;)

Where you do your residency does not effect your licensure. You also don't need a license in most states to become a dental resident, thus taking the WREB out of the picture.

For the last two years, my residents have done ~70-95 RCT's each, with about 40-50 molars. My current resident is planning on applying to Endo in this upcoming cycle

We're the NYU/L AEGD in Visalia,CA with Family HealthCare Network.

Reactions: 1 users
As far as I know we don't do endo differently here on the west coast ;)

Where you do your residency does not effect your licensure. You also don't need a license in most states to become a dental resident, thus taking the WREB out of the picture.

For the last two years, my residents have done ~70-95 RCT's each, with about 40-50 molars. My current resident is planning on applying to Endo in this upcoming cycle

We're the NYU/L AEGD in Visalia,CA with Family HealthCare Network.
I'd love to know more about this! PMed you :)

Im interested in pursuing endo in the future however I know they rarely take people straight out of dental school unless you’re a superstar (which I am not). I am a very average student I just found I liked endo a lot when we started clinic. So I plan on doing a GPR/AEGD (most likely GPR) to build up my chances first.

My question is, does anybody know which programs do a lot of endo or focus on endo? I dont want to go to a program just to do a lot of prophies and restorations. Any input or advice is appreciated :)

Almost any VA GPR

In California, you do not need to take the WREB to become licensed if you complete and accredited GPR, or other eligible dental residency program. The WREB should not be a deal breaker.

So I'm trying to find good programs on the east coast since Cali has it's own system/WREB and all that.

In California, you do not need to take the WREB to become licensed if you complete and accredited GPR, or other eligible dental residency program. The WREB should not be a deal breaker.

As someone who has taken both NERB and WREB, I can tell you that WREB is cake...