This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueberry4104

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is very important to take mcat as early as you can. It is even MORE important, however, to make sure you are REALLY ready. If you think that pushing it by two weeks will significantly improve your score - go for it. If you feel like you are ready now, and you are just having "pre-MCAT jitters", dont push it. Take it earlier. How have you been doing on full length practice tests?

Is this your first MCAT attempt?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You could also submit only to one school to get your app verified before adding the rest of your schools post-MCAT score release!

Related question: What is the last day to submit primaries such that one is still considered in the "first wave" of applicants?

It is very important to take mcat as early as you can. It is even MORE important, however, to make sure you are REALLY ready. If you think that pushing it by two weeks will significantly improve your score - go for it. If you feel like you are ready now, and you are just having "pre-MCAT jitters", dont push it. Take it earlier. How have you been doing on full length practice tests?

Is this your first MCAT attempt?

Last edited:
Submit to one throwaway school, either one you would never be accepted to (like OOS) or a high high reach. Do not apply to a school you are interested in without an MCAT score.

The July 16th date will not have much impact on application

Last edited:
@gonnif, if I push pack my test date, will submitting my app for verification June 6 vs. lets say June 13 for example, matter much if my score won't be available until the 16th? I guess what Im asking is would it give me any advantage to be verified by July 1 and just have my app sit there waiting for a score vs if I just submit it a little later and it be verified closer to my score release date?

I also have a friend who applied this past cycle and was complete around July 18th, and he was advising me to not wait as long as he did because he only got 2 interviews and 1 acceptance. He claims it is because he submitted too late. Him and I are pretty similar in terms of EC's, but he had better stats (3.6 gpa from UCLA, 516 MCAT). But this probably isn't because of his submission timing right... I can't imagine low gpa applicants like me would be doomed if they were complete in the middle of July. Maybe it was something with his application?
the problem about submitting later is that the longer you wait, the longer it takes for them to check your application. For example, i submitted my application within the first day it was open, within the first hour, actually. It took them only 24 hours to check it. My friend submitted 2 weeks later, - it took them 3-4 weeks. During the application there will be a spot where you will be able to select that you have future MCAT date, and thats fine. The factor that takes the longest is the verification of all your college courses, - in the pick of the season it can take up to 5-6 weeks. So, it is much smarter to submit june 1st (or whatever the EARLIEST date you can) with one school selected, let them verify everything. And then, once your MCAT test results go through, you can add as many school as you like, thats fine.

the problem about submitting later is that the longer you wait, the longer it takes for them to check your application. For example, i submitted my application within the first day it was open, within the first hour, actually. It took them only 24 hours to check it. My friend submitted 2 weeks later, - it took them 3-4 weeks. During the application there will be a spot where you will be able to select that you have future MCAT date, and thats fine. The factor that takes the longest is the verification of all your college courses, - in the pick of the season it can take up to 5-6 weeks. So, it is much smarter to submit june 1st (or whatever the EARLIEST date you can) with one school selected, let them verify everything. And then, once your MCAT test results go through, you can add as many school as you like, thats fine.

oh okay i didn't consider that, good advice! I'll try to submit as early as possible then!