***The Official Howard University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

M_CS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Decided to start this thread for those of you applying to Howard University this cycle. I’m an upcoming D1 at Howard, so please feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Howard University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Last year's thread: ***The Official Howard University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I'm currently applying to Howard and was wondering how important are the character limits? For most the questions in the "Sections" tab I don't think I will be hitting anywhere near the character limit. Is there a such thing as writing too little? Thank you!

Hello! I'm currently applying to Howard and was wondering how important are the character limits? For most the questions in the "Sections" tab I don't think I will be hitting anywhere near the character limit. Is there a such thing as writing too little? Thank you!
Hey! I don’t think the character limit is really a deciding factor. As long as you’re answering the question the best you can you should be fine. Just make sure you’re selling yourself!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got the email notification that my payment was received today, goodluck everyone

got the email notification that my payment was received today, goodluck everyone

Just got mine as well, although I sent it weeks ago. I was getting quite anxious. Good luck to you too!

How do I send the payment for Howard? Is the link emailed?

How do I send the payment for Howard? Is the link emailed?
I first mailed my money order through USPS. It was then lost in transit and only three weeks later did USPS email me and say that they actually delivered it on 8/2 but no one scanned the envelope as delivered so that's why it was "in transit" for so long.

Half a week ago, I sent ANOTHER money order (since I thought USPS lost it), only this time I sent it via FedEx. It got delivered in two days. Superb experience, but twice as expensive.

Main point: it's a hassle but you have to mail it in.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for the heads up! Guess I'll be going to Fedex once they send the email with the address

When do you think is the latest I can take the DAT for Howard? At this point for a post-December acceptance.

That’s tricky to answer because you don’t know how many slots are going to be left available after December

Okay so I submitted my application on the 3rd of August. I’ve gotten confirmation from all of the schools except Howard so far. How long do they usually take to send a mail regarding supplemental fee guys?

Okay so I submitted my application on the 3rd of August. I’ve gotten confirmation from all of the schools except Howard so far. How long do they usually take to send a mail regarding supplemental fee guys?
Hi, I submitted mine early July and got the email requesting payment about 2 weeks later. I would not worry, Howard takes its time with processing, I’ve heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you think is the latest I can take the DAT for Howard? At this point for a post-December acceptance.
I took mine in November last year. Then got an interview in Feb. I wouldn’t wait that long tho

Hello! How important is the anatomy & physiology in regards to applying to Howard? I have completed all the other pre requisites and finished my application. I am taking anatomy & physiology this semester. Will this negatively impact my application?

After you submit your application will they ask for the fee or do we just send it to them?

How long does it usually take?
It might take a while, atleast for me it took a couple weeks to get the email and another 3 weeks to confirm that they received payment.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, everyone, I am super confused. I see microbiology is listed at a pre-req on aadsas but on the official website, it says it is a recommend course. Are we required to take microbiology?

Hey, everyone, I am super confused. I see microbiology is listed at a pre-req on aadsas but on the official website, it says it is a recommend course. Are we required to take microbiology?
Hey! I don't think Howard's admissions website is up to date since their application schedule page says 2014. I think what's on AADSAS is probably more accurate, but I would definitely try to give them a call in case you're worried about microbiology. But I have a feeling you'll be okay without it. I heard they put more emphasis on Human Anatomy/Physiology.

What the best way to contact this school? I have tried the phone number provided on their website but it keeps saying its busy! Anyone can help please?

Ok so the “Recommended coursework” listed will not count against you if you have not taken the class ? I took Microbiology but I did not realize Howard required a min. of 6 credit hours for that and I only have 4..

What the best way to contact this school? I have tried the phone number provided on their website but it keeps saying its busy! Anyone can help please?

I heard that contacting Mrs. Nixon has been promising. A friend of mine reached out to her not too long ago. Here is her email: [email protected]. And phone: (202)806-0368

Last edited:
Ok so the “Recommended coursework” listed will not count against you if you have not taken the class ? I took Microbiology but I did not realize Howard required a min. of 6 credit hours for that and I only have 4..

Microbiology and physiology are listed as "Highly recommended" and the others are listed as "required" on the AADSAS application, so I think you should be fine!

Anyone has heard back from this school?

anyone heard of people being accepted with no anatomy or physiology coursework?

Going off last year’s thread we should start hearing about interviews this week or so i think.... fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
anyone heard of people being accepted with no anatomy or physiology coursework?
Howard is actually really strict about having A&P. My friend last year got rejected just cause of that.But if you let them know you will complete it before next year I think you should be fine .

I heard that contacting Mrs. Nixon has been promising. A friend of mine reached out to her not too long ago. Here is her email: [email protected]. And phone: (202) 806-0368

Hey I called this number and it was the financial office. You have another phone number?

Hey guys ! A friend of mine at HUCD said we should be hearing something really soon! Fingers crossed

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Hey I called this number and it was the financial office. You have another phone number?
Here is the number a friend of mine used to contact Mrs. Nixon for a tour of the dental school: 202-806-0439

I believe this is her direct office number! I’ve seen it posted in older forums as well. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Here is the number a friend of mine used to contact Mrs. Nixon for a tour of the dental school: 202-806-0439

I believe this is her direct office number ave have seen it posted in older forums as well. I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Hey guys ! So last year interviews came out on the 10th of October and the year before that they came out on the 3rd. I believe we should be hearing from them by the end of the week ( I’m being hopeful), if not then next week. If Howard is your top choice like it is mine then be patient. There are thousands of applicants for literally 60-80 seats, so their selective with who they interview. The requirement are slightly lower but always keep in mind a lot of people are applying. Remember if you get an interview, you literally have an 85% chance of being admitted. Be hopeful guys !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone!
I am super excited about applying to Howard this cycle. They are my top choice. I wish us all the absolute best!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
hello everyone I received an invite today! goodluck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats !! When did you submit you application if you don’t mind sharing ?
Hey! I'm not the person that you're replying to but I was also curious and looked through the thread history- it looks like they submitted their app early July and confirmed payment a few weeks after that. My payment was confirmed pretty late, around early September so hopefully we hear something sooner than later!
Also big congrats to rduran94, that's great news bud :)