***The Official Howard University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yes what he said ^ confirmed payment mid August! And thank you @snop234 you guys will hopefully hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Do u mind sharing your stats?
Sure! GPA 3.45.
21 AA / 20 TS / 21 PAT / 24 RC / 20 QR. I am also a non AA URM. Hope this helps! message me if anyone has any questions.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'm not the person that you're replying to but I was also curious and looked through the thread history- it looks like they submitted their app early July and confirmed payment a few weeks after that. My payment was confirmed pretty late, around early September so hopefully we hear something sooner than later!
Also big congrats to rduran94, that's great news bud :)
Thank you so much ! That makes me feel a little better. My payment was finalized in late August. I’m hoping that they continue sending out invitations. Thank you @snop234 ! Good luck ! And congratulations again friend !! @rduran94

Good morning everyone,
I am currently a D1 at Howard . If you have any questions about my application or interview process , please feel free to inbox me. I am excited for you guys. For those who got an interview , congrats and be yourself during the interview. It is mainly having a conversation with a faculty and D4 student. They are just trying to know as a person. And for those who did not get an interview, your time is coming soon. Good luck

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite this evening. You all should be hearing something soon as well! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an interview. If anyone could share any advice to prepare or how their interview went please

Good luck to those that received interviews!!

Good morning everyone,
I am currently a D1 at Howard . If you have any questions about my application or interview process , please feel free to inbox me. I am excited for you guys. For those who got an interview , congrats and be yourself during the interview. It is mainly having a conversation with a faculty and D4 student. They are just trying to know as a person. And for those who did not get an interview, your time is coming soon. Good luck
What’s up with the financial aid situation at Howard? Wasn’t y’all living expenses cut this year?

Exactly! Talk about it- set those students up!!! They knew that financial aid reduction was gonna take place, but didn't inform their incoming class! To all of the applicant's, make sure you ask the right questions, cause they aint gonna tell y'all the real deal! I understand that you wanna go to dental school, but make sure you're informed of what you're getting yourself into by selecting this particular school! Ask those current D1s, D2s, D3s, AND D4s how long it typically takes for them to get their refund check! Ask REAL questions, and pay CLOSE attention to their responses! If you feel like they are bs-ing you, then 9 times out of 10 they are- listen to your intuition. Ask about morale, inclusivity, and retention rates. Ask them what percentage of their classes graduates on time, then ask yourself if that answer makes sense. On your way out, pull one of the D1s or D2s to the side and ask them if they could do it all over again would they still have come to Howard. And if they seem over enthusiastic about their response then you already know whats up!

This is dental school, so don't get hung up on the price because you're going to come out 6figs in debt anyway! Remember that saying "you get what you pay for," well that statement applies to dental school too! Choose the school that has the RESOURCES to make you a great dentist! If you have options, meaning if other schools are interested in you, then look into those other schools! For those who want the "HBCU Experience," lol please drop that mindset. PLEASE! Aint **** cool about going to school in the hood, they shooting, robbing, mobbing, and stabbing around HUCD! Ask ANY of those students if they'll stay in the cadaver lab past sun down! Those DC goons will have yall sprinting to yall's car, zero safety on campus!
I heard similar stories too. Shameful.

Reactions: 2 users
Make sure you tell them to get use to those stairs during their interview, cause the damn elevators are almost always broken. I aint hating, I'm just saying, proceed with caution when choosing Howard.
I heard they only got back $7000 for living expenses and if you don’t have help from family or friends you’re practically screwed. And DC living expenses are HIGH.

I’m not really feeling the energy you and @DMD_Pressure are bringing to the thread. You might not be “hating”, but the delivery is definitely off.

While I do agree with your concerns and suggestions, I also just find it a little odd how both of you seem to be current dental students elsewhere. So why come into this discussion at all if you’re not 1) applying, 2) looking to apply in the future, or 3) a current student at Howard offering guidance?
I understand what you’re saying but I’m trying to warn predents in so many words to think about your options before blindly making this school you’re number one option. The faculty/current students won’t tell you the truth. Be grateful you’re receiving this insight before arguing against. I have a friend there and she is astonished at the way administration treats the students. Current students won’t tell what’s going on, to be frank. Please note: I’m a graduate of an hbcu and in no way will you ever see me bashing one. So this isn’t a bash session. I’m a huge advocate of them. But this school is different. A lot of issues with the financial aid department. Not to mention the financial aid scandal that took place not too long ago. I’m just telling you to “interview the school” while they interview you.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not really feeling the energy you and @DMD_Pressure are bringing to the thread. You might not be “hating”, but the delivery is definitely off.

While I do agree with your concerns and suggestions, I also just find it a little odd how both of you seem to be current dental students elsewhere. So why come into this discussion at all if you’re not 1) applying, 2) looking to apply in the future, or 3) a current student at Howard offering guidance?
Here’s another instance of things that the administration at HU puts the students through.

• Wow
I don't mean to argue, I just wanted to make sure this information was coming from a genuine source and wasn't intended to just bash the school. I do appreciate y'all trying to keep us informed.
Definitely not trying to bash. I would’ve been in a bad situation if I accepted their offer, especially considering my personal circumstances.

Someone from Howard will probably drop in and say “Howard’s tough love makes you a better dentist” howards faculty preaches this motto to students to dissuade discontentment.

Last edited:
I appreciate this information a lot. Very valuable for predents like myself that don't have the inside scoop on the school.

Hey guys! For those of you who received an interview, do you mind sharing with me your stats and when you submitted your application? I submitted mine late July and my committee letter wasn’t sent in until mid-September . I haven’t heard anything yet and I’m getting a little anxious.

Did you all pay $75 free in cash? I don't like the idea of mailing cash, but it says that they don't accept personal checks or credit card payment...

Did you all pay $75 free in cash? I don't like the idea of mailing cash, but it says that they don't accept personal checks or credit card payment...

No, just as @Christ-Like! said. The options are cashier's check or money order! I sent a cashier's check.

Hey guys! For those of you who received an interview, do you mind sharing with me your stats and when you submitted your application? I submitted mine late July and my committee letter wasn’t sent in until mid-September . I haven’t heard anything yet and I’m getting a little anxious.

I submitted first week of August. Still haven't heard anything either! Keep us updated if you do hear anything.

Hey! I submitted my application on July 6th and Howard told me they received it on July 8th. They received my application fee on July 17th. But I didn’t take my DAT until early September.

Don't stress! You got this and there's still plenty of time.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from this school? It’s so quite here....

I just had my interview this past weekend and had a great experience. If anyone wants interview advice or anything, please feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Same! If you haven't heard anything yet, just know that a lot of invites go out in December and January. Please be hopeful!

Is it a good sign that they reached out to me a few weeks ago to ask me if I intended on taking a certain prerequisite?

Just received the acceptance email! Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the cost of attendance for years I know it was given at the interview I lost mine

Has anyone heard anything lately?
I haven’t heard anything yet! A friend of mine who goes to the school told me they are running very late with everything this year because of construction and other issues they have going on.

Does anyone have an idea of when the next rounds of interviews will be?

Has anyone heard anything from the school lately?

I just received a rejection email today at 4:21 PST. Best of luck to those who haven't heard anything yet! Your application is still being considered and I wish you all the absolute best! :)

I haven’t heard back from this school, was wondering if there is hope or should I consider another route?

Would it be too late to apply now since the deadline is 2/1?

I haven’t heard back from this school, was wondering if there is hope or should I consider another route?
When did you apply? I applied early september and havent heard anything

Hi guys! I am a current D1 at Howard and I want to say to everyone applying, don't give up ! Howard is known to interview really late, and accept really late. One of my current classmates interviewed in May. So don't get discouraged if you have not heard back ! They have a really slow process, but if you are granted an interview it is highly likely you will get in. They are very thorough with their selection process. A fellow D2 and I have youtube channels if you are interested in getting a glimpse of Dental School life and going to Howard !

Youtube: gettindentalwithit- GettinDentalWithIt
Youtube: the dental league - The Dental League

Reactions: 7 users
Interview #6. Most likely will decline. Just letting those know who are still waiting for interviews that they are still sending them out.

Interview #6. Most likely will decline. Just letting those know who are still waiting for interviews that they are still sending them out.

You received the invite today?